Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Mother Ship
Default Where were you? 9/11   #1  
I know everyone isn't from the United States here (but even if you aren't...feel free to join in anyway).

Where were you when you heard about the attack on the World Trade Center towers? Or when they collapsed?

For me, I was in my 7th grade language class in my hick middle/high school. I...don't think my brain really comprehended what was going on really. They never said anything about the number of people in there...I had no clue what the Towers were really except for building. I had no idea what went on in them or how many people were in there or anything. Maybe if I had...I would've cared more back then .-. -is a horrible American-
Old Posted 09-11-2011, 03:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
I was told about the attack when I got to school. (i think i was in 3rd grade)

;) Come Befriend Me! ;)
Old Posted 09-11-2011, 03:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #3  
I think, in my time zone....the first attack happened like 10 minutes after school started. The second one...a half hour after school started.
Old Posted 09-11-2011, 03:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Keyblade Master
I was in junior high school, I think 7th grade. We were sitting in English class and the principal came over the intercom and said there had been an attack on New York's Twin Towers. Our teacher went over and turned the TV on and put it on a news channel.
I really need to stop disappearing from this site.
It feels like I don't know anybody anymore.
Old Posted 09-11-2011, 03:40 PM Reply With Quote  
nostalgic
Default   #5  
i cant remember where i was, but most likely since i was 6 i was at school, and i dont even know if they told us there
Old Posted 09-11-2011, 03:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Person, what Person?
I was five at the time and not in school. My parents had the live footage on the computer and I was supposed to be asleep. I accidently saw the footage and being my age(Memory is best at 3-5 years old) it has kind of stuck with me. At that time I didn't really understand much of what was going on except it was bad and lots of people were dying. When I was older it kind of freaked me out knowing I had seen the towers attacked and destroyed, knowing that I had watched over 4,000 people die.
Puppy to Asami
Gallagher is Nursy~
Broken Muse is my girlfriend
And Ducky is awesome!

Quote:
That is the general nature of things! An equality, a mutal need!

What? To kill and be killed? To love and to feed? That is what you support! There is no equality between the pet and the master.
-Elizabeth & Jason (From The Thirteenth Season)
Old Posted 09-11-2011, 03:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #7  
I was in Math Class.. My math teacher *also the history teacher* always has the news on during math and then we all watched it. the whole class.

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 09-11-2011, 04:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Beauty of the moonlight
I was in middle school that day, we did nothing but watch the tv about it.
Old Posted 09-11-2011, 04:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Keyblade Master
Default   #9  
I think the most disturbing thing about seeing this happen when you're a child (and old enough to know what is bad and what is good), is that it was the day you realized that there is something out there worse than bullies on the school grounds. That was the day most children at around the grade levels of 6th - 8th grade would come to terms that there are people out there that are willing to kill anybody; women, men, and children.
I really need to stop disappearing from this site.
It feels like I don't know anybody anymore.
Old Posted 09-11-2011, 04:40 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
mine was literally the same as yours, the only reason i even remember it is because that was the day i found a buck-eye
Old Posted 09-11-2011, 04:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #11  
Third grade. My mom woke me up in kinda a panic and made me watch. She kind of explained. I was scared more for the pentagon (which everyone seems to always forget about) cause my dad drove past it daily. I just remember that and I think we watched it on tv during class.

Edit: must've been fourth nvm. Lol cause I'm 19. I forgot. ><

'Tis a picture of Tokyo I took. ^^
I'm a girl.
I love Writing Tools, and KPop, and minty stuffs.
Old Posted 09-11-2011, 05:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
I was on my way to work and curious as to why the radio station I usually listened to (based out of NY) was all static-y. When I got to work the store, and surrounding stores, were all closed, and I didn't even find out until the next day what had happened because I couldn't listen to my usual radio station.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 09-11-2011, 05:50 PM Reply With Quote  
The Vampire Slayer
Default   #13  
I was sitting in my math class during my second week of 6th grade.

Current quest:Locked Legend (x2)

and yes, Im a man
Old Posted 09-11-2011, 07:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee's Mad Hatter
Making breakfast, I wasn't even done cooking but I shut off the stove and just sat in front of the TV. It didn't even feel real.

But then some friends of mine got a lot of death threats on their answering machine just because they were muslims. These people prayed with me for those fallen, they didn't deserve that hatred.
Old Posted 09-11-2011, 07:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #15  
I was in either 5th or 6th grade. I didnt' know what was going on either. Except that the buildings look cool falling down I knew it couldn't really been good with people screaming and all. I had just come to terms that kids my age were capable of swearing so what happened that day was way to deep for me to comprehend. When I heard it...not sure if I saw it in school since tvs actually had to rolled in from the library. I actually remember walking home trying to say hi (in a my cheerful naivete) which only got me a loud "sssh!" from my mom focused on the tv.

@Belial: I hope they are still doing fine, your friends, Americans like to lash out like that. After Pearl Harbor they lashed out at Japanese-Americans. Even those actually born here, it didn't really matter. It's always a minority. If it had been done my Christian fanatics I wonder if it would've been the same? Probably would been considered them insane for a "a good God fearing christian" to attack a "Christian Nation". pfft
Old Posted 09-11-2011, 08:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
I'm probably one of the oldest amongst you guys. o.o;

I was 15 years old and in High school so I did know what was going on. I was sitting in my Chemistry class....and my teacher turned on the tv. We basically watched television all day at school. Many of the students went home though....

It was a big wake up call in my life...and I realize that this was going to change everybody's life and America for the next decade or so..and I guess I was right.

*Click on the image to go to my art shop!*
Old Posted 09-11-2011, 08:27 PM Reply With Quote