Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Fresh meat :D
Unhappy Extremely tired and sleeping a lot all the time   #1  
For the past two months I have been really really tired,I'm always sleepy to the point to where I can't fight the sleepiness anymore.I end up falling asleep,if I take a nap 15 -20 minutes later after I wake up from a nap I'm sleepy again and again I end up falling asleep again and I don't wake back up because I can't wake back up because I'm so tired.

When I take a nap I only plan to nap for 1-3 hours but it ends up being 7 hour naps and as I said lots of times I don't wake up.When I wake up in the mornings for school it is extremely hard for me to wake up and get out of bed because I have been falling back asleep and missing school several times.When I do go to school I walk to school and I'm literally falling asleep while I am walking to school.

When I'm in school I fall asleep in all of my classes,when I'm walking home from school again I'm literally falling asleep.As soon as I get home which is at 3:30pm I try to do my homework and study but I always fall asleep.There are times when I will come home from school and I'll be too tired to go upstairs to my room I'll lay on the couch and fall asleep immediately and I'll sleep there from 3:30pm until the next morning.

Yesterday I fell asleep at 4:30pm and I just woke up it's 2:00pm. I slept the rest of the day yesterday and I'm still tired.Even just writing this is wearing me out,the only reason I woke up just now is because my mom made me wake up.She came to check on me because she thought I was dead or something.I'm ready to go back to bed right now but I'm trying to stay awake but it's too hard for me to stay awake.

All I do everyday all day is sleep,no matter how much sleep I get I'm always tired.I wake up groggy and confused,before anyone says it I'm gonna say it right now I do NOT do drugs I've had lots of people ask me that so I DON'T do drugs just so you know. I just don't know what to do,the weekends are horrible because I sleep all day and night on Saturday and Sunday.I can't do anything or go anywhere because I'm always sleeping and that sucks.

Any advice?
Old Posted 01-17-2013, 03:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Go to the doctor, you could have Mono (You sleep alot trust me and your spleen is enlarged and if untreated can rupture with over exertion), a thyroid problem, or several other things that only a doctor can help you with.

Sone other questions are, do you have a sore throat? Tenderness in any parts of your body? Feel like you have the flu? Are your lymph nodes swollen (Your neck and underarms are the most common ones)?
Old Posted 01-17-2013, 05:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #3  
Do check your diet, as well. This could be caused by any number of deficiencies -- not enough protein, not enough carbs, not enough dietary fat (yes, a zero-fat diet is bad for you), not enough potassium, et cetera, et cetera.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-17-2013, 05:19 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Yeah, go to the doctor and get a blood test. Sleeping a lot could be a number of things. Mono, depression, general being sick, some manner of mineral or vitamin deficiency. Could be low in hemoglobin or iron too. Anemia was the reason I was sleeping for 2/3 rds of the day.
Old Posted 01-17-2013, 05:44 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #5  
could be a thyroid problem, when i dont take my meds i can sleep for 15 hours at a stretch and i spend the day being tired and sleepy
Old Posted 01-17-2013, 09:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbow Goddess
Sometimes oversleeping makes you even more sleepy.
Try getting one of your friends to wake you up early
you might be groggy at first but if you don't go back to bed you might notice you have lots more energy ^^

my closet
Dark is my puppyi luff hermes<3
Old Posted 01-17-2013, 09:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #7  
Well, it could be depression. My friend was sleeping all the time until she got on the right meds.

Do you happen to have any hallucinations or pain? Because a B12 deficiency will also include signs of depression and psychosis. Which I had. It wasn't fun-I was either tired or sleeping all the time.

But no matter what it is, you do need to go to the doctor. It could also be something wrong with a certain part of your brain that affects how alert you are.
Old Posted 01-17-2013, 10:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
You are displaying extreme symptoms of depression.I'm no doctor or anything like that but I think you need to see a doctor.You're sleeping way too much and that is not good,please go see a doctor. If you don't wanna see a doctor for yourself please go see a doctor for your mom and sisters sake so they won't worry so much.

I hope things work out for ya!!
Do you feel alone?
Do you need a friend?
I can be that friend that you need!!
Old Posted 02-25-2013, 06:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Cool RE:   #9  
Seems to me like you're depressed!! Do you need a friend or just someone to talk to?? You can talk to me,I'm dealing with depression too.I have severe depression and I sleep a lot too.I just woke up after being sleep since 6:30pm last night so I know how depression can make you feel.Don't go through this alone.Go see someone so you can began to feel better and happy again.If you need a friend I'm here for you,you can message me anytime.I wish you all the best of luck!!
Last edited by Zeena; 03-18-2013 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Old Posted 03-18-2013, 08:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
You are displaying extreme symptoms of depression.I'm no doctor or anything like that but I think you need to see a doctor.You're sleeping way too much and that is not good,please go see a doctor. If you don't wanna see a doctor for yourself please go see a doctor for your mom and sisters sake so they won't worry so much.

I hope things work out for ya!!
Your name sounds familiar to me,have you ever been on Crysandrea?
Old Posted 03-18-2013, 08:40 PM Reply With Quote