Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Thorns and Claws
Default Netbooks Vs. Laptops   #1  
Yes i know the ups and downs and have read enough articles ot make my head spin. But I was thinking of getting one or the other. Being in college i find that it would be handy to have a device that can get on the web and can type. It would make my notes easier to keep and I could write my essays at any time instead of finding mysef only able to them at home.

I'm not looking for a gaming laptop.. i'd never get anything done but I do want to pick the better of the two and at a decent price. (i may or may not get one im debating and it depends on the situation im in at the time)

Anyway what are your thoughts on netbooks or laptops experences brands prices whatever you want to post up to assit in this desicion :)
Old Posted 09-29-2011, 01:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
The laptop I've got cost like 100 dollars more than the netbooks I've seen. You may not want gaming....but do you want a CD drive? For music, putting Microsoft Office on your computer or whatever? If so, laptop is the way to go, netbooks do not have cd drives which is why I will never get one.

Also, the keyboards are really small and cramped on those things vs. a laptop.

Also, toshibas have awesome battery life. My sony vaio kind of sucks, but not as much as my Gateway (overall-gateway had better battery life)
Old Posted 09-29-2011, 05:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #3  

i dont really care about a cd drive, if i need word or anything i have a large enough flash i can pop it onto :)

but i knew about the no cd drive, i was more concerned with space and the battery life though i hear net books are very short ..

i mean over all i just need it to search the web if needed and typing >.> but it would be a little bonus if it was at least a decent cheap laptop or netbook

Old Posted 09-29-2011, 06:03 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
i have used both and it boild down to this, do you need a portable computer or do you need bare-bones internet and word pad? if you get a netbook it will be /just/ what you need internet, writing program, and usb port, nothing else, if you get a laptop you are buying a portable computer with all the fun computer-y junk you use on a tower
Old Posted 09-29-2011, 06:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #5  
Also, what if down the line you change your mind?

Also, I assume you have a computer at home....a laptop would make a good back up-even a cheap one. A netbook? No. A netbook usually has less memory than a laptop....though that doesn't mean they don't have plenty.

And not all netbooks have good battery life. 3 hrs plus....I had a laptop that lasted over five hours-a gaming (technically) laptop. I've never seen a netbook last THAT long.
Last edited by Yokuutsu; 09-29-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old Posted 09-29-2011, 06:08 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
netbooks have a better baterylife though and with less on them they don't have the load time of a laptop
Old Posted 09-29-2011, 06:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #7  

well im probably going to get a cheap laptop really cause well .. im not sure i could deal with the tiny keyboard on a netbook though i still plant to get a small laptop. i really wanted a netbook due to the size .. XD less weight

Old Posted 09-29-2011, 07:05 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
i like the small board, other than hitting the caps(which i do anyway) it's easier
Old Posted 09-29-2011, 07:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #9  
I'm just going to say this: NEVER get a Dell. Period.

Go with an Asus laptop/netbook, whichever you choose. I've heard very good things about this brand.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 09-29-2011, 09:31 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
i could not agree more, dell is shit -_-;
Old Posted 09-29-2011, 09:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #11  

wel ive never had issues with Asus.. thats my current monitor and i love it to death ^^; and yeah.. i'll avoid dells. i already have to work on one in my repair class i dont want to buy one XD

Old Posted 09-30-2011, 12:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Gateways suck too. I got mine repaired....came back saying it was refurbished....fucked up again, called the store where I bought it...they told me to call the place that repaired it...and the place that repaired it said they don't refurbish those. Bull shit.

Mother took it to someone to get it fixed who just ran off with the thing >_<
Old Posted 09-30-2011, 10:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #13  
Wow that is BULL. I've gotten screwed over before when my laptop was taken in to get it fixed, and it just got worse after the place tampered with it >.<
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 09-30-2011, 08:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I know how that feels.....I've had that happened before.
Old Posted 09-30-2011, 09:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #15  

i guess ill just go with a laptop really, i mean least id have more space even if it is a little bigger size wise though i probably wont be able to get one anyway oh well

Old Posted 10-02-2011, 07:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Marova Velenva
So much dell hate! /has one Anybody care to elaborate on why they are so bad? /concerned ;O;

But yeah, I was gonna say get a laptop. I was thinking about a netbook for just carrying around as well, but after actually -using- one I can tell I'll be pissed at it every time I pull it out. xD

Я хочу быть с тобой.

Old Posted 10-05-2011, 08:06 PM Reply With Quote