Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Derp
Default Do It Yourself Projects!   #1  
So I've been looking through some things online about "Do It Yourself" projects.

I personally am looking for ways to "steampunk" some things (Cloths/accessories/party favors/etc) and I was wondering if anyone had any advice?

Things to talk about:

-- Any do it yourself projects you have done/are doing (comments questions or whatever else)

-- Any Ideas for me? (please, I would really like some help!)

-- Anything else related to DIY Projects ~~
Old Posted 01-28-2013, 09:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
xD hullo Mercy.
Well I have to say I work in a craft store so it all depends on what you mean by steam punk. Because we sell alot of gears and keys and things that you can make something into a steampunkish style.

As for corsets, weathered clothing, googles and top hats that I can't actually help with unless you are willing to go online.

As for do it yourself, XD I have discovered that life is a do it yourself project. You learn at your own pace, you do things at your own pace. Most of my DIY things include crocheting, art, making jewelry.
Last edited by Poggio; 01-29-2013 at 04:50 AM.
Old Posted 01-29-2013, 04:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Default   #3  
Hi Poggio,

I was thinking Gears and Old Style Keys, but I wasn't sure what else to use. I'm not going full blown steampunk, just accents throughout to give it that sort of feel. I was looking at Clockhand hair pieces, and pocket watches on etsy... but I wasn't sure what else to look for. There are clock parts one can buy in bulk, as well as keys.

Its gonna be a fancy party, so I didn't want it to over power it. There's going to be food, fancy table settings, and gifts/party favors. I'm not sure where would be best to add in steampunk accents.

So any ideas would be helpful if anyone has any.

I want to start doing more with my free time, and be more productive with the things I want to do in my life. (As well as maybe spruce up my house) So I've been thinking about DIY projects.
Old Posted 01-29-2013, 06:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Then allow me to introduce you to pinterest. xD that site has a lot of DIY things that may help you with your steampunk ideas. I would try to get a messenger boys cap and some goggles and decorate the googles, that way as long as you wear grudge style clothing people will Identify you as steampunk.
Old Posted 01-29-2013, 09:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Default   #5  
Oooooh that sounds like fun! Thank you <3
Old Posted 01-29-2013, 02:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
"For steampunk, I have many picture tutorials and can explain some things through text.", Hatter offered with a grin, "Anything you are looking for in detail?".
Old Posted 01-31-2013, 07:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #7  
Check antique stores, flea markets, and estate auctions for steam punk like items. Remember one man's junk is another man's steampunk.

Night Swan
Old Posted 02-12-2013, 01:09 AM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
That sounds like a really fun project! I unfortunately have no ideas for you, but I would love to see what you end up making.

I want to go to a tabletop gaming convention this summer and I'm thinking of cosplaying a character from a cyberpunk-themed card game (my first cosplay - how exciting!). But I've never made a costume before, so it would be a fun little adventure. :P
Old Posted 02-12-2013, 12:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #9  
Are you throwing a steampunk party? or going to one? Steampunk takes a lot from Victorian sensibilities, so also look at that sort of additions to your outfit. <3 Good luck!
I've been in the hospital for a month!
Pneumonia. Complications and chest tubes.
Trading Hot Jackie

Old Posted 02-12-2013, 07:37 PM Reply With Quote