Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

A*DIC*TED
Default PsP 3000. Worth it or not?   #1  
I could right now finally get a psp which I've wanted for a very long time. The psp 3000 is down to a price I can afford at $129+ tax plus I'd be buying a game for it too. rpg's are my favourite.

I want to know what the flaws of the psp 3000 are and if it is worth it. I know some psp's now don't allow buying of the games in stores but more of a downloading them onto the system. I don;t want that. I want in store game buying and no downloading. Also do you need to buy a memory card to save the games or do they save like on the ds lite?
Yaoi Hangout Yaoi Rp Search
Click Something!

Old Posted 07-22-2011, 07:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
From my knowledge, the PSP 3000 needs a memory stick. I'm actually not sure if it's worth buying a PSP 3000 now because isn't the Playstation Vita coming out in November? You could wait till then and get an entirely new system >.> If you don't want the Playstation Vita, I think you should wait till November since personally I think the PSP 3000 will drop even more when the new system comes out.
Old Posted 07-22-2011, 08:04 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #3  
I cannot afford new stuff. Thus i'm buying lowered things. I'll eventually get the 3ds too maybe. but that may be after it drops dramatically in 2-3 years too. I never buy new priced. it's seeming like when i got my ds lite + a game. was over $200 so im thinkin it'll cost about that much or so with tax, mem card and a game probably with the 3000?
Click Something!

Old Posted 07-22-2011, 08:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Depends on what game and memory stick you want to buy but it'll probably be around the 200 dollar price range. The rpgs on the PSP 3000 are really good >.> May I recommend Jeanne d'Arc? It's cheap at the under ten dollar price range, if it's preowned but it's a great rpg.
Last edited by Memento; 07-22-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old Posted 07-22-2011, 08:20 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #5  
i was thinkin like the final fantasy ones, ninja gaiden etc. but what is that one like. I'm also fussy on graphics too.
Click Something!

Old Posted 07-22-2011, 08:29 PM Reply With Quote  
That's okay xD, my friend tried to make me play Chrono Trigger but it looked to much like Dragon Ball's art for me to like it. J'eanne D'Arc is sort of like Fire Emblem in gameplay, it's based on a grid and you have to do missions and stuff.

I'm really not good at explaining things so you could look at its wikipedia page, if you'd like xD
Old Posted 07-22-2011, 08:49 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #7  
ah. I got some fire emblems for gba =p. and ds *that one is not as easy as the others i got >D*

so it;s that style or just that gameplay? It also depends what futureshop has cause walmart had crap for games
Click Something!

Old Posted 07-22-2011, 08:53 PM Reply With Quote  
xD The reason I compare it to Fire Emblem is because of the gameplay, it has the grid, the rock paper scissors thing exempt with magic, and it's a strategy game.

That sucks that you have to buy your games at walmart >.> they don't usually have a lot of rpgs and my walmart smells weird so...yeah.
Old Posted 07-22-2011, 09:09 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #9  
lol nah im not buying from there cause they suck. but thats where i seen the 3000 on sale from. Futureshop is where games are at <3
they have tons of games.
Click Something!

Old Posted 07-22-2011, 09:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I never liked the PSP too much.

The only games I found for it that I really enjoyed was God of War and Crisis Core.

Other than that....I never really found a reason to have a PSP. I ended up selling mine.

But also my area kind of sucks on have PSP games.
Old Posted 07-23-2011, 02:07 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #11  
lol. C: i likes those two
but i want ninja gaiden and okami and the narutard ones and stuff too
Click Something!

Old Posted 07-23-2011, 02:18 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
╔═════════════════════════════════╗

(。◕‿◕。) I love your avi Uzekins. But besides
that. I haven't heard anything bad
about the new psp. I really want one.
The abilities of it are amazing. I
can't wait to get it. I have a old
version of one, the second version
released but I will keep it since
it costs too much to get the new one.
Good luck figuring this out. I know
it's hard to do.

╚═════════════════════════════════╝
Old Posted 07-23-2011, 10:35 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #13  
thanks i guess >D im still unhappy with it lol.

well the 3000 at least is not the newest lol. cause of the price difference. I refuse the psp go
Click Something!

Old Posted 07-23-2011, 01:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
I don't know much about the PSP 3000, as I ... uh ... I know I don't have the PSP Go but mine does need a memory stick. I wouldn't recommend the PSP Go anyways as it's download games only with no bay for the UMDs >.>;

That being said I really adore all the RPG choices on the PSP. I have so many of them and want more >< For handheld systems, the PSP has better RPG choices than the DS in my opinion.

As for, should you buy it? I agree with Yokuustu, I'd wait for the new PSP to come out, as it will likely make the older PSPs drop in price again.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 07-23-2011, 01:45 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #15  
The only problem with the waiting is I may not have the money by then. When is it supposed to come out? My b-day is in october so there may be a chance there.

I kind of like the rpg choices for the ds though there could be more <3
I still have yet to collect the ones I want for it. Assassin's creed the new altaire's chronicles. I have discovery <3 But I prefer them games on ps3 compared to handheld. though I don;t know how they are on psp compared to either.
Click Something!

Last edited by Uzekins; 07-23-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old Posted 07-23-2011, 01:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Professional Monster Hunter
I would say if you have wanted one get it. From a DS vs PSP stand point the psp will always have the better RPG'S cause of the better graphics. this might change with the 3DS as its graphics are only just below the psp's i have both and i will say i have certin rpg i play for both
Old Posted 07-23-2011, 06:50 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
psp 3000