Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wanderer
Default   #49  
What...is that alchemy?! Cu stared down at the group of people some thirty feet below him. He had never been in contact with too many mages, and alchemy was rare even among them...

He mentally told himself to shut his gaping mouth, and half-consciously pulled the tip of his cowl down lower over his face. It wasn't as if that would matter; the angle was such that anyone in the group could see his face anyways. But then again, he was simply passing through. He had heard rumors that someone up north was paying a generous sum for the head of his rival, and Cu had immediately been interested.

The soft flapping of wings behind him caught his attention. A crow alighted on a nearby branch, and Cu lifted a finger to his lips as if telling the bird to hush.

But I have to be careful...I can smell a dragon nearby. He squinted, trying to catch sight of the beast, but to no avail.
Old Posted 09-03-2012, 11:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Morbidly Obsessed
After finishing the fruit, Noelle decided maybe it would be best to join up with Lucien and Mairi, she wasn't use to this part of the country anyway. Picking the bag and slinging it on her back before taking the scythe out of it's case. She wasn't going to go not prepared.

Heading in the direction where she was sure Lucien and Mairi were, she stopped to see another man there with them, looked like they had ambushed him. Yet something about the man made Noelle hesitate to go any further, something wasn't right.

How would this man be alive when.. Noelle couldn't get any sense of a soul residing in Lebanen's body which was impossible.. by all accounts, this man should be dead...
Old Posted 09-04-2012, 12:10 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #51  
(his name is steve)

it wasn't uncommon for him to get lost in his travels, he certainly never had a set path, but rarely did he ever stumble across campers...or from the sound of them, gangs. he made sure to steer a wide berth around the group to continue looking for the fairy music he had heard about when he first stepped into the woods a few days prior
Old Posted 09-04-2012, 12:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Your Friendly Neighborhood Lurker
Lucien lightened the grip on his sword nodding his head and looking at the new man. The sword slid down and smacked against the scabbard he then placed his hand to his side. "I am Lucien commander of a troop im a small village to the north, We were expecting a small retaliation force to walk through this forest and attack. This is why that girl Mairi" He said pointing to the girl circling him " and I are here to spot for scouts."

Lucien bowed his head in silence as if to be offering his apologies. "I am sorry if I seemed rash, You see I was above in the.." He paused for a moment he did not want to reveal Regina by telling the man he was in the skies. "I was above in the trees when i noticed her hiding and thought perhaps that you were pursuing her."

Lucien noticed that he had began rambling like Mairi was he placed the palm of his hand against his head and shook his head in disappointment. "My apologies, all this time and I haven't let you get a word in edge wise. May i ask your name sir?" Lucien smiled and extended his hand to offer a hand shake.
"Cause I've been falling apart in the pouring rain"

"I'm waging war on myself. A captive causality"

""

"Traded a merciful heart for a murderer�s brain
But now I curse what's in my head
Because I can't stop seeing red"
Last edited by Natsunaine; 09-05-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old Posted 09-04-2012, 12:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #53  
His travels had taken him some what after then the mystic orient then he expected. He did not care so much about the distination as long as the journey was fun. Idly his fingers strummed over the large instrument he held. It was rather a strange feat, to be able to carry such a large sitar and play it while walking considering it was mostly a stationary instrument. Each time his body swayed, something made music to accompany the tune produced by his fingers. Arching his head towards the heavens he drew in a deep breath. The world smelled of rain and blood in this area.

Niaz had taken care since entering the forest to avoid the usual pathways traversed by people. Many times he had to pause his music at the mere sight of a large over head shadow. Some times it was a bird, other times it was a beast much larger and sounded more deadly. There was also the rumor of a secret army hiding and gathering, though the reasons for that were unclear. Many informed him of a man full of malice behind the army, with red bolts that could kill a man if struck. Again his gingling feet switched directions, this time in the path of what sounded like running water. He was relieved once he found it, licking his chops, Niaz abandoned his instrument near a tree, as he held back the veil of black hair that shrouded his body. He dipped his head in first before gulping down the fresh cool water from the spring.
Old Posted 09-04-2012, 08:22 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
as always he picked up the soft strain of music when he was not expecting it though also like always it stopped before he could find it although it was closer now than it had ever been and following the memory of the sound he quickly moved through the woods until he could hear running water. he slowed down though he did not halt and carefully approached in case there were people around like the gang from before
Old Posted 09-04-2012, 08:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #55  
Satisified, he stripped of his sash that kept his top held closed. Silently he tied it to a stick and dipped the stick into a mud bank until it was sturdy enough to stand on its own. The other side he put a heavy rock on it and watched as the water pooled, the flitered through the clothes fibers trapping most of the solid debris that came through. He grinned at his genius, expecting a good catch for dinner. He glanced around at the wild vegetation, surely there must be other gems to eat with his meal. He plucked his instrument up again and strolled in a little circumfrance around his netting to see if there were any wild fruits

The gods seemed to smile on him in a bounty of strawberries and pomegranates. He plucked the fruit careful not to over take, and cradled it in his shirt while firmly grasping on to the neck of his sitar. Niaz grinned broadly feasting on the strawberries with one hand and the other struck cords along instrument testing the pitches of the strings.
Old Posted 09-04-2012, 08:42 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
he cleared the edge of the forest and cast his eyes over a half-naked stranger just as the beautifully enchanting song took up again. he could not help but be drawn to it and got as close as he could without being noticed by the strange man. quietly he crouched down to listen
Old Posted 09-04-2012, 09:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Sweetie Boop Pirate
Default   #57  
Lebanen turned his head towards Lucien. "I am Lebanen. A humble wanderer and craftsmen of fine items and artifacts." He smiled under his hood and presented Mairi the golden ring he had just crafted. "
Join my Roleplay?
~> Espy Wants me for my Eye-patch <~
I am the Lascivious Knight
~Thank You Kaguya, Dawn, Nikko~

Old Posted 09-05-2012, 10:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Morbidly Obsessed
Strange.. Noelle could able to sense another person around, she was not going to make her presence known to the others, they seemed able to handle things.
Concentrating on the soul of the new person, interesting.. seemed the person favored.. trees?

Frowning, Noelle glanced up into the branches of the tree where her senses told her the soul was located at but she couldn't see anything. Keeping the scythe as a position that she could use it to block an attack, since there was no way to tell from this person's soul if they were an ally or an enemy..

"Is someone up there? It's best you just come down and show yourself. I know your there and I don't feel like climbing this tree to drag you down but if I have to, I will."

Oh yea.. threaten the unknown person.. smart thinking, Noelle. she chided herself, your just asking for your ass to be kicked.
Old Posted 09-05-2012, 11:22 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #59  
A sound caught her attention and Mairi turned slowly tightening the grip on her bow as she spun slowly being absolutely silent. Usually quiet from her would mean trouble for someone else in the end. Brushing the bothersome hair back from her ears, she tied it with a string to keep it from obstructing her hearing. "Hmm...." Moving a couple steps away from her previous distraction, she glanced up into the trees and tried to see what it was that had caught her attention.

Eyes flicked across the branches and she raised the bow slowly. "Come down and introduce yourself properly or I can shoot you down." The kindness had disappeared for a moment and her eyes held a deadly intent to notch and release an arrow flying into the trees. "I heard the flutter of the wings so I know you're there....."

At this moment her attention was focused on this person and she'd heard another voice in the distance, that girl they had been with earlier. What was that girls name? Noelle? Even the shine from the newly made golden ring wasn't distracting her.
Last edited by Ookami-onea-chan91; 09-05-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old Posted 09-05-2012, 11:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Cu turned around slowly on his treetop perch, the crow's eyes glimmering at his back. Well, the girl must have sharp senses...but the one behind me...How did she even know? Either way, the small one's too close to everyone else...

The crow flew away in surprise as Cu threw his arm out, hurling three daggers at the scythe-wielding woman, then leapt into the air, the cloak flapping behind him like the wings of bird.

He managed to grab ahold of a young tree behind her while unsheathing his blade, and swung himself around to kneel on the ground with the spear fully extended, pointing at the small of her back.
Old Posted 09-05-2012, 11:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Your Friendly Neighborhood Lurker
Default   #61  
"well its nice to meet your acquaintance lebanen" Lucien looked down at his hand, He felt rejected but that was alright maybe the man didn't shake hands. Lucien looked back at Mairi as she wondered off and sighed.. "I swear your attention span is worse than that of a Squirrel's"

Lucien swung his arms towards Mairi's direction and looked happily at the wanderer. "Shall we take a stroll, Maybe i could help you find your way to the location you desire to reach?" He let off a fake smile, he hoped that it looked legit he was bad at emotions even showing them at times.

It was then Lucien noticed a crow fly past there area as the sound of rustling limbs and leaves filled the air from the Daggers flying through the thick Foliage. "Well that's a peculiar noise, What in the world was that." Lucien said with a frown this just really wasn't his day more visitors to have to take care of, But he really could not risk the chance of an ambush at this point, With a sarcastic and lazy voice Lucien folded his arms behind his head and said "Well, i guess i better go find out who or what that was.."
"Cause I've been falling apart in the pouring rain"

"I'm waging war on myself. A captive causality"

""

"Traded a merciful heart for a murderer�s brain
But now I curse what's in my head
Because I can't stop seeing red"
Old Posted 09-06-2012, 01:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Morbidly Obsessed
Hearing Mairi also addressing the stranger from where she was, surprised Noelle. Does she have special senses as well? I only sensed cause of the soul..

Bringing up the blade of the scythe, Noelle manages to deflect the three daggers the stranger in the tree had thrown at her, sensing the soul above had taken to the air, What the.. and landing.. behind me?

Before Noelle could turn and confront the stranger, she felt the point of a blade at her back, this is not good.. if I even try to make a move, I would leave myself open for him/her to attack before I could even be able to defend myself..

Thinking over her options, maybe this person viewed her as much as threat to them as she did to herself, before addressing the person, not making a move to make them feel any more threatened.

"Hey, lower your sword and let's talk. I have no intentions on fighting you, I just want to know who you are and why you are spying on us."
Last edited by Dawn; 09-06-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Old Posted 09-06-2012, 06:02 AM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #63  
Turning sharply on her heel she glared at her brother then slowly it turned into a strange look. "But brother.... I'm not like a squirrel... I heard something and then the bird wings." Frowning as she tried to stay cheery, but it seemed it wasn't going to work. "Hmph.... You're just... Ugh!" Throwing her arms up, she hurried off without warning. "I give up."

Anger wasn't something she normally ended up feeling, and this was a strange reaction for her, but Mairi couldn't explain it either. Hurrying off in a random direction she stopped to look around and couldn't figure out where she should go. "Hmm.... He always thinks that I'm getting distracted, but I'm not." Mumbling to herself as she tried to make her side the winner in the internal argument. Sure she would forget things here and there, or stare at shiny things for a long period, but she had heard something moving above them. Kicking a small stone, she headed deeper into the forest and walked along the densly wooded side of the river bank.

Today had definitely turned out weird with two or three new people showing up in the forest suddenly. Sighing she watched the water, but stopped when she saw something strange. "Huh.... Why would someone do this?" Mumbling as she rolled her pant legs up carefully and walked out into the shallow water to look at the fabric on the sticks.
Old Posted 09-06-2012, 10:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Cu stood up and glared exasperatedly at the lady from under his hood, ears flattening in a mix of amusement and annoyance. Talk? Ah. Hahaha.

He let the spear retract, leaving just the blade, which he hefted in the right hand, then shrugged. If I see something interesting, doesn't she think I'd naturally stop and watch? ...Although I didn't plan on being seen.

Keeping an eye on her, he gingerly fished through his pockets and pulled out a very tattered and folded WANTED poster, then gestured in the general direction in which he was headed.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 09-06-2012, 11:29 AM Reply With Quote