Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

isn't that funny
Default   #33  
the admission surprised him and he was genuinely distracted from the food. "you can read and write? not too many people can do that, hel- uh, h-heck even i can't write, i can read well enough but pens are tricky to manage and words are never spelled like what they ought to be." flushing lightly he put a hand to the back of his head and turned back down to the food to eat
Old Posted 08-14-2012, 01:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Honeydew
He managed out a chuckle at the boy's shyness, but then thought better of himself if he was thought to be rude and quieted. "It does seem like somthin' uncommon doesn't it? I hardly think 'bout it now, but it is still amazin' to know I bet if you practiced ya could learn eventually." The man took a long drink from his water before a short silence came to roost on the table, and it was quickly shooed away while he pieced together more cheese to bread, "Now if ya can forgive me for being nosy, how did you manage to learn ta read?"
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
What a Doll: Pixel Shop
The [Honey] Comb: Hangout
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 08-14-2012, 02:04 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #35  
this time the embarrassment was legitimate and it took him a moment to come up with an appropriate lie, in that time he took a bite of his food. it was crumbly and sweet with a tang he had forgotten he missed. taking his time he fought down the heat of his face. "cousin, spent a summer working for us, he taught me a lot of things. i was eager to learn... i like learnin'. at the end of the season he left and didn't take me but while he was there i learned to read." he stopped the story there and took another bite. what he traded for the education was no business of anyone but his
Old Posted 08-14-2012, 02:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Honeydew
Understandably he offered a slow nod as he chewed a large bite, patiently waiting until his mouth was free of food before he spoke again, "Just remember it ain't a bad thing ta want ta learn, it can get you anywhere and errywhere." He pointed a finger towards the boy as if to prove a point before he punctuated it with a nod of is head. "Now go on and finish your lunch and we can get the rest of the field done before the sun heads behind the trees"
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 08-14-2012, 03:22 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #37  
nodding as well he dug into his lunch. he knew all too well where education landed a person like him and all the difficulties a desire to get some held for someone without the money to pay for it
Old Posted 08-14-2012, 03:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Honeydew
The days seemed to go as well as the day prior, and though the work was more proficient he did not feel that he was becoming more proficient in communicating with his new assistant. there was always a silence of sorts that spread over the fields while they worked, and the only time they spoke was before they began or after they finished. Thoughtfully, he rubbed a hand across his face, feeling the bristly feeling of his stubble growing longer to the near point of a beard, and he knew that it'd had been a fair while since he'd cleaned up. Setting his rake beside the boy's against the side of the house he offered his southern influenced words, "I reckon that if you were travelin' here you didn't have much opportunitee to wash up. I think I might fetch some water from tha' well if you'd care to clean yourself up."
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 08-15-2012, 03:30 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #39  
nodding he stopped in the middle of removing his muddy boots and sliding his feet back in followed behind. if brady would loan him the soap he'd be more than happy to carry the bucket. when they got to the well and began to draw he saw the other tense up before stopping, "huh? that's odd, we got tha' rain but the well is awfully low..." he felt his heart skip at the words. he knew exactly why the well was low and was kicking himself in the pants for not thinking about it when he was conjuring. he stayed silent
Old Posted 08-15-2012, 03:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Honeydew
Taking off his hat he gave a small itch to the top of his head before replacing it. Looking down into the shadows he could see the bare reflection of water from the suns rays. "It's hot enough I s'pose some of it coulda gone away. Mayhap one or the neighbors came on by," he gave a dismissing shrug as he lowered the bucket down until he heard it splash against the water and drew it back up. "Let's just hope we get some more rain to fill 'er up again."
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 08-18-2012, 01:38 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #41  
cautiously he nodded and when the bucket was over the rim he crouched down to pick it up off of the planks that kept the mud and plants from encroaching on the hole. "we can only hope." offering no more than that he carried the water back to the porch where he once more took to removing his boots

(he will be quiet but he will offer smiles when prompted and be agreeable. he will try to be discreet in checking brady out though if they scrub together over the bucket XD he hasn't seen anyone else in a long time but that is no reason to pull a james)
Old Posted 08-18-2012, 02:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Honeydew
He followed after the boy, already pulling off his hat and working out the leather strap that held his hair back, and as the locks fell free he could already feel them tickle against his heavy stubble. He did not linger in removing his muddy boots or stripping away his shirt before he told the boy where to fetch the other buckets for the water. Heading into the house to locate his diminishing bar of soap and his razor, he could hear the boy divvying the water like he was asked. As he stepped back out onto the porch he handed his folding razor to the boy as he dipped the soap into one of the buckets, working it into a lather against one of his hands before rubbing it against his face. He offered the soap in exchange for the blade
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 08-18-2012, 11:55 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #43  
nodding he took the bar though he could not help but smell it first. it was good tallow soap and grinning he rubbed it along his jaw, adding a little water as he went until it was slathered well enough and turned so he could removed his shirt without risking the bucket perched on the edge of the stool under the glass mirror nailed to the porch column. "you are a good man brady, i am quite grateful for this"
Old Posted 08-19-2012, 12:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Honeydew
He was careful not to move was he slid the blade across the curve of his cheekbone and down the soft flesh of his cheek as he watched the stubble disappear. He spoke as he flicked the soap and bits of stubble over the railing, "I have enough people who are kind to me, I figure I ought'a give it back somewhere," Lifting his head he worked along the line of his jaw next, "'sides, yew help me and I help yew, we both get the work done and everythin' is a bit better." A flick of his wrist and another quick brush down his other cheek left him nearly done, and he offered a nod of his head towards the boy as he worked over his chin, "'sides, you're barely more than a lad, yew need someone ta help ya out that early"
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 08-19-2012, 12:16 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #45  
he shrugged his shoulders and took up the bar again so that he could wash the grime of the last month off. "try not to ever get taken' advantage of that is all i ask. some people out there are no good at all." when he was lathered he scooped up a little water and started removing the soap in patches
Old Posted 08-19-2012, 12:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Honeydew
He was careful not to speak as he brought the razor down across his neck, not willing to tempt talking for the danger of the blade, and after a few strokes he could feel his face clean-shaven. He smiled to himself as he looked into the mirror admiring his fresh look. "Nah, I ain't the person to do sommat like that," He commented as he turned around to see he boy rinsing himself. Gesturing to the razor he placed it into the railing beside his shirt to let him know where it was before he started to strip free his dirty work jeans, "Lest yew think you are doing more work for less in exchange, then that's all your thinking." Giving a chuckle to himself he reached for the soap
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 08-19-2012, 12:30 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #47  
he had nothing to say to the man's humor though as he reached for the razor he caught a good look out of the corner of his eye. he was honestly surprised at the body underneath the worn fabric though looking back at the razor to keep from cutting himself or knocking it over he let himself be swayed with the assurance that after so long anything on two legs would look appealing. taking the razor he moved to get a look in the mirror so as not to miss anything, either the razor or his host
Old Posted 08-19-2012, 12:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Honeydew
He'd never been much of a self-conscious person, and the situation did not differ while the both of them bathed. He lathered the soap to wipe away that weeks amount of grime and dirt, and did not linger much before it was promptly rinsed away. Every so often he allowed for his sights to flicker up to make sure the boy was being careful as he shaved before he let his eyes linger back down the exposed torso before they were brought his sights back to himself to allow the new boy his privacy as best as he was willing to manage.
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 08-19-2012, 12:55 AM Reply With Quote