Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Thorns and Claws
Default   #33  
His ears fell back a little with the word incompetent. "just walk already, damn. If you want I can fix it though that requires me slitting your arm open and trying again" He glared at Zosa and it was with a look saying he wouldn't think twice about doing just that. Though a moment later he walked out of the room and started down the stairs before waiting for Zosa to catch up, it was on his mind that it should have healed.. no itching.
Old Posted 09-30-2011, 08:18 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
as the other left he gave a little shudder, he remembered very well when they were small and thalion would practice his healing in him, he was prolly more damaged by a child's attempt at novice healing than by anything else to get a hold of him before puberty. he grabbed the mostly uneaten food and his pack and hurried behind the other, it would not do to straggle behind especially given that his other was notoriously bad at directions
Old Posted 09-30-2011, 08:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #35  
He waited on the ground floor for Zosa to catch up before walking out. "so we have our plan.. now to make it happen and not have to work for a good few months heh" He made it sound like such a easy job, though it hardly was so. With that both of them started walking, though he did mostly just follow Zosa.. he wouldn't admit to his bad directional instincts... but he wouldn't take up the role of leading either. They had tried that once, they ended up in a swamp somewhere in the other direction from where they were headed at first.
Old Posted 10-01-2011, 12:56 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
'it is practiclly a free meal' he agreed not mentioning the fractured wrist he obtained three years before or the concussion his brother had last year. it was a dangerous job but the best paying out there on the commison fron the dragon king they could ride out the three worst months of the year, it was well worth it. saying nothing else he left the bowls with a servant and paid the inn-keep. shifting his bags again he left his other in tow, this would be a lucky season, he could feel it.
Old Posted 10-01-2011, 12:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #37  
"we'll go for no mishaps this year heh..." He remembered all too well the few mess ups they had during previous years, well minus the more recent year when he was out of it at least. Even with the risks it was well worth the trouble, there were slow months and if they didn't get this job then it would be a little tight, but they'd still manage at the least.

"so how long will it take to get there, aren't we cutting our travel time a bit close?" He swore they were headed in the direction they needed to be the other year long before now.
Old Posted 10-01-2011, 01:02 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
"a little early actually but the season is early too, it'll take no more than a week if we travel fast." he looked to the setting sun, "as long as we chase the sun we will get there before it sets" he smiled at the old adage, only a dragon could out-run the very sun but it was a helpful guide all the same.
Old Posted 10-01-2011, 01:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #39  
"early... " he seemed to repeat the word, that was odd he swore they were late.. maybe the other year he had done more damage then he thought. "Tsk with you leading I doubt we have to worry about travel time, i'd hate to see what would happen if you got a horse" he laughed slightly, he figured he'd push the poor beast till it was ready to fall over.

Either way that was still a hell of a walk, and a even worse one to come back that. They were almost like regulars as far as assisting the dragon king each year.

(im sorry for my lame posts! my heads killing me for some reason)
Old Posted 10-01-2011, 01:18 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
(no worries, you can always lay down if you'd like)

he set off to the west, the sun to their backs still in it's morning rise. he turned his head and smiled at his other then took off at a run, it was a beautiful day to be alive
Old Posted 10-01-2011, 01:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #41  
(cant have to leave soon xD it sucks)

He stopped walking for a second before sighing heavily. "running isn't going to get us there that much faster!" he complained trying to catch back up. It was easy to tell who of the two of them was faster, then again to be fair he was wearing chain mail and some plate..

He did finally just about get caught up with Zosa though the brat took off running a little faster. "come on!" he half whined and complained, there was no damn way he was going to keep up at this pace. Whatever had gotten into Zosa seemed to put him in a good mood. Not that it was a bad thing it was nice to see him enjoying himself. Though this was killing Thalion as far as he was concerned.
Old Posted 10-01-2011, 01:52 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
he enjoyed it while he could, though he had speed on his side he did not have the stamina his brother possessed. he laughed joyously though while he could.
Old Posted 10-01-2011, 02:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #43  
After a while longer he noticed Zosa had stopped running and he was breathing heavily trying to regain his breath. Though to admit as he finally caught up to him he was panting as well. "geese.. heh.. one day.. I'll be able to keep up.. one day" Sure he thought if he dropped his gear and had normal clothing on maybe.. that'd be about the only time.

Though to admit it, that run did cut out a good chunk of ground they had to cover.. even if the two of them were tired from running now.
Old Posted 10-01-2011, 02:34 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
he fell into line with thalion, they both were out of breath but had worn through the euphoria of leaving town, he did not know why but nature enthralled him, more so than anyone he knew of and that along with all the other fortunate things happening today it was just too much not to be happy. he smiled even wider. " if i ever ran behind the sun so fast that time would never move from me would you follow?" he played this question game often and new the answers by heart but still whenever he found himself in the wild swings of joy or sorry he always felt compelled to ask. the other nodded, he asked again "if i ran from the sun and into the dark night never to cas my face to the light would you follow?" the other replied with an 'of course' he asked one more question. "if i died right now and were buried under the green earth would you build me a memorial a hundred feet high?" he turned walking backwards, to face the other. he was not let down with the reply 'no, i would not for i would be buried along side of you.' zosa nodded his approval "and i for you as well" he and thalion had been together since they were born. the words were ones they had been taught to say as soon as words could form in their mouths, nothing was more important to a man than his talios, should he marry the mate would still be second and if the were to marry his talios the union would be a blessed one, zosa knew in his heart of hearts that this was right. he turned his head away sheepishly however when the other asked why he thought to speak the oath. "ah, no reason, it just came to me is all" he rubbed lightly at his arm
Old Posted 10-01-2011, 03:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #45  
He accepted his answer for now it wasn't that uncommon for Zosa to start questioning him when he seemed to be in a good mood. Though he had something in the back of his mind telling him there was something up. Not only that but he didn't miss the fact Zosa was still babying his arm. That actually was worrying him, he knew his skills in healing weren't the greatest but they shouldn't have a side affect like that. Though there was nothing he could do about it now, and Zosa was hardly going to let him reopen the scar to see what the hell was wrong. Though he couldn't blame him on that really.

It as rather funny the more he thought about it, they had been together since birth, hell they left home as soon as they could even against the elders warnings. They never stayed in one place too long and traveled most if not all of this continent together making due with what jobs they found and managing to enjoy themselves along the way. It really dawned on him that if it weren't for Zosa he'd probably be a rather bitter and cold person to be around, though he still had his moments.
Old Posted 10-02-2011, 11:03 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
he stopped his rubbing as the other frowned at his arm. he had not realized he was doing it, though with his hand on it he realized it had begun to hurt slightly. dropping his hand altogether he fell in line with the other walking correctly once more
Old Posted 10-02-2011, 11:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #47  
He never said a word as he stopped messing with his arm, he could tell he was forcing himself not to rub it. Thalion half felt like it was his fault did he mess up the healing spell and didn't notice? He didn't want to ask him openly knowing Zosa wouldn't complain either way or he'd tell him it's fine.

"heh please don't say your going to have little bursts of energy like that and force me to run half of this trip.." he laughed weakly knowing it was a possibility.. though not really a bad thing aside from wearing him out, that could be bad if they had to fight for some reason.
Old Posted 10-02-2011, 11:34 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
'no, not at all, i was just excited' he smiled widly 'you know how i am' he looked around at the trees, noticing a large one with a split trunk he wooped for joy 'yes! i didn't realize we were so close!' he laughed 'oh thalion, we have time to see your girlfriend!'
Old Posted 10-02-2011, 11:45 AM Reply With Quote