Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Illusionist
Default   #17  
I'll take your word on everything else that I didn't quote and agree with it entirely. The ideas are all half thought out and outcomes half thought out as well.

Quote:
Board Games: Why board games? What's wrong with Forum Games?
I mean Forum Board Games, or just Forum games in general lol.

Quote:
Picture gallery: I don't want to support uploads to Trisphee, but I guess I would be OK with a gallery-like bbcode function.
Sort of what I meant.

Quote:
Daily challenges: I like this idea. Let's talk more about it.
Not much to talk about. You log in, a list of tasks are available. Once all tasks completed you get a fairly nice reward. Aurum, Maybe a item that can be worn or just sold for Aurum in case of duplicates, older items, RIG, common bundles. -shrugs-

Old Posted 11-15-2015, 11:44 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
I would say that for the thread creation and posting in your own thread things make it a chance to get an item from the prize set or whatever it is. Reason being is that I for instance will see a lot of threads already made for certain topics and then can't figure out what topic I want to make, and thus after making a certain amount and not reaching those goals I just tend not to bother. At least if its a percent chance people are going to be more likely to try if they don't post new threads as much.

Old Posted 11-17-2015, 11:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #19  
I wouldn't mind seeing new items in the Anka Token shop... There's not really anything now that I have a mighty NEED/WANT for.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 11-18-2015, 03:10 AM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
all be honest i like the idea of the grants and some of the other ideas people have already put out there ovo
Old Posted 11-21-2015, 12:26 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #21  
Maybe we should just trick members by telling them they signed over their souls in the new NDA and they can't get it back until they make 10,000 posts?

xD How about that for a reward?

Old Posted 11-21-2015, 03:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
I'd rather not accidentally take possession of some variety of demonic entity, thanks. :P
Old Posted 11-21-2015, 07:02 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #23  
new anka items, or, posting super old non-donation items in the anka shop would be cool, like a user-voted poll of what item(in a recolor) they would like to have rotate in monthly in the shop, of course make it a little pricier (500-1000 tokens?) so that it is still hard to get but not impossible and so that both people who have the originals and people who could never get the originals have something to look forward to

and if it is done carefully it could be something that takes quite a while to catch up on. i know i would post more enthusiastic if something cool like the companion items in coral were a possibility<3<3 (and that would totally cover the first three months there with only an evening spent on each to recolor them)
Old Posted 11-21-2015, 09:43 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
even better, if you have anyone wanting to learn how to recolor this sort of thing would be perfect for cutting teeth on. all the items are already finished and you have many options ranging from easy to advanced<3<3
Old Posted 11-21-2015, 09:45 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #25  
The only problem with putting things in the token shop is that earning Anka tokens, at some point, reaches a cap. I've been sitting at ~4500 tokens for years just because it's so difficult for me to get new, non-event achievements.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 11-22-2015, 01:27 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
how hard would it be to make some of the posting goals reset? there is also the option of making repeat goals that tie to events (like making a 50 or 100 post goal during an event or in an event thread?)
Old Posted 11-22-2015, 04:04 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #27  
Quote:
Originally Posted by littl3chocobo View Post
how hard would it be to make some of the posting goals reset? there is also the option of making repeat goals that tie to events (like making a 50 or 100 post goal during an event or in an event thread?)
I can see that easily being easy to implement. But why?

If you're referring to Anka Token items:

Adding more Tokens is pointless, most people already have a bunch for very little effort. You're better adding more items to the token shop that have multiple poses that would require buying the item more then once.

I actually want to see older some of the Older Event Items in the anka shop. (Not all of them.) Think the magical jackets we got for Taskal Wars, Evolving items we had (one of the evolving items still haven't evolved yet and it's been like 2-3 years. Perhaps one event we have a contest and we can submit our own ideas of what to add to the evolving item. Keep it like 5-10 different poses and call it a day.)

Now if your talking about getting aurum for posting goals being met:

Why should we have that if we already have Anka Tokens? This is why I made the suggestion of daily tasks instead.

Correct me if you meant something else entirely. xD

Quote:
new anka items, or, posting super old non-donation items in the anka shop would be cool, like a user-voted poll of what item(in a recolor) they would like to have rotate in monthly in the shop, of course make it a little pricier (500-1000 tokens?) so that it is still hard to get but not impossible and so that both people who have the originals and people who could never get the originals have something to look forward to
Older non-donation items(or Donation Items in general) the staff don't have the original files for any more. HOWEVER.
DUN DUN DUN.

It's possible to play with blending options in Photoshop and get amazing color changes for older items if we just use the base .png files.
Quick 1 minute example:

They virtually take no time whatsoever, but only problems is that a item might not match a certain Trisphee color exactly, but considering the large amount of colors and hues Trisphee has I don't think it would be a problem.
You could do this with monthlies as well.
1 minute example:

Not to mention we could just throw gradients on older items as well:

I'm not joking when I say this takes less then a minute, and once you figure out the blending/color choice used it wouldn't be hard to implement this to the rest of the poses.
(Layer styles for the win!) And because the .png file is in it's original avatar position, and I believe trisphee items are changed to .png files to be uploaded to Trisphee anyways )Coda/Toho correct me if I'm wrong.) This could just be a very time efficient way to dump a bunch of items into the site.

This is however a very cheap tactic/way to make recolors, and it COOOULD work out. The only problem is getting a specific color like coral, but you can easily get very dang close to the color if you spend time working at it. (But I wouldn't be holding you breathe out for it though.)

Now I don't so much agree to release flat out recolors for Donation Items (especially considering Toho apparently has plans for re-releasing them, and there being plans for recolor packs for yearlies.) But for event items, yeah sure. Ton of room to do stuff in that department with the items I'm sure nobody has files for anymore.

But here's a question. Would anyone else would want crazy cheaply made recolors of older DI items we don't have the files for? (Or for worst case scenario just 1 pose being recolored and given away/sold separately from the rest?) They could just be thrown into a RIG, event reward for participation or something.

Again. A EXTREMELY cheap way to make recolors. But the items still look good, people would still use them, and it would be extremely easy to dump theses items into the system.

Old Posted 11-22-2015, 10:45 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
my concern is never on it being made in a different way, hell i am a-ok with it as long as it looks ok. my concerns lay with just making things available to an audience who will not otherwise get the item without fucking up the value of the original (which is why i would not ever want originals reposted, if there are only 14 of an item in the entirety of the active site so be it but a recolor is not bad at all, the item is available to newbies and oldies alike and the original is still just as rare)

my question on reset goals is for people like lucid who might not ever get another goal in the timeframe of new token releases
Old Posted 11-22-2015, 08:22 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #29  
Quote:

my question on reset goals is for people like lucid who might not ever get another goal in the timeframe of new token releases
Then wouldn't the solution be to add more achievements?

Now with the Forum now condensed some achievements have to be tweaked/edit to begin with.
I don't know how long it takes to add achievements in the first place. But I can see this becoming a little tedious after a while.

But around to your point, thinking about it, if there was a Anka Token cap. I can see the system reseting every year. This would renew interest every year to post for a little bit, and new Token Shop items could be planned for release coincide of achievement's renewal as well.

Then it would/could be a good idea to add more expensive Anka Token items in the shop at that point.

But I'm not sure on this, I feel the currency output might get a little too high, and people would easily buy out the items in the shop as well. So perhaps tokens get refreshed every year as well? (Which sort of stinks if you're a little short on tokens for that one item you want, or if there aren't any token items in the shop whatsoever that you want.) Granted the item thing could be remedied with my cheap recolor idea/more items added constantly in general. And the token part can be slightly fixed if it rounds up to the nearest 100 if you're above 51, and if you're under 49 you're rounded up to 50. Considering most items in the shop cost in the 25, 50, 100 area anyways.

I dunno. Just my thoughts.

Resetting needs to be balanced by something like a cap or tokens being refreshed. (But would require the shop to be constantly updated.)

Or new achievements added for rewards for every 100/1,000 posts or so would become redundant.

Leaving them as is would just make it hard to obtain tokens long term and people might become hesitant to spend them.

Thoughts?

Old Posted 11-22-2015, 08:51 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
i will say now, you NEVER ever reset currency, that makes people very angry and they leave. it has never once worked out that i have seen in 9 years of avatar sites and i highly doubt trisphee would be the lucky outlier

yes, that is what i suggested before you questioned why i would want that though a reset would be more practical so that people are not jumping through ridiculous hoops, this also would be good for on/off style achievements that can only be gotten at specific times

worse comes to worse tokens could be exchanged for runes, like 1000 tokens for a single rune, then people have a long-term goal to reach where they have an option of payout over items and since it would take a looooooot of tokens to reach the 20 runes for a monthly it'd be a sink for quite a while
Old Posted 11-22-2015, 09:09 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #31  
Quote:
i will say now, you NEVER ever reset currency, that makes people very angry and they leave. it has never once worked out that i have seen in 9 years of avatar sites and i highly doubt trisphee would be the lucky outlier

yes, that is what i suggested before you questioned why i would want that though a reset would be more practical so that people are not jumping through ridiculous hoops, this also would be good for on/off style achievements that can only be gotten at specific times

worse comes to worse tokens could be exchanged for runes, like 1000 tokens for a single rune, then people have a long-term goal to reach where they have an option of payout over items and since it would take a looooooot of tokens to reach the 20 runes for a monthly it'd be a sink for quite a while
Reset currency was just a spur of thought (well everything I said was just me thinking through a bunch of thoughts), but yeah I can see people getting angry over it.

20 runes for 5,000 tokens would be bad, staff would need to note if people are avoiding the token shop items and so they can just buy runes instead, and if the output of tokens in general isn't balanced enough to keep runes from being constantly bought, runes would be devalued (like if new achievements we're constantly added on top of them being refreshed yearly.) Not to mention mules being made to earn runes and so on.

Keeping it the way it is now and just let anka token achievements be granted every event once your initial post achievements are done is the most balanced/efficient/easiest way. You can still make up to 2 mules to make tokens from. Items and priced fairly and nicely to begin with. The only upkeep are events in general/contest reward output for them. We don't want over abundance of tokens, we don't want currency to reset, and I'm pretty sure most people don't want a cap with expensive items priced that amount.

I don't like any idea revolve around changing this. Resetting the achievements just makes this more of a 2nd currency but a slightly more limited one at that.

-shrugs- I don't know what would be the best move.

Last edited by Illusion; 11-22-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Old Posted 11-22-2015, 09:57 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
where did you get 5000 tokens? no, this is 20,000 tokens for 20 runes XD
Old Posted 11-22-2015, 10:30 PM Reply With Quote