Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Rebooting....
Default   #193  
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparX View Post
You can usually find them (supposedly) at places like trader joes, but where I live it's probably easier to just hit up a local farmer or check the farming papers and see if anyone has any advertised.
Hmm... Haven't seen them at the Trader Joes or Whole Foods, but I'll look closer the next time I'm there.

I could ask people at the farmer's market, which starts back up in a few weeks.
Thanks!
Old Posted 04-22-2016, 05:12 PM  
isn't that funny
this asie, how is everyone? anyone have any good eggy treats today?
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 02:41 AM  
Derp
Default   #195  
Not really so, I've had white chickens that laid brown eggs and vice versa then again I've had the chickens too that laid bluish green eggs.
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 03:25 AM  
isn't that funny
-shrugs- both the internet an my local farmers agree and my grandmother's chickens have never laid anything but brown

the blueish ones concern me though. that is not a chicken color from what i know >x>;;;;
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 04:33 AM  
Derp
Default   #197  
Yep it's a chicken egg, they come from a special breed of chicken called ameraucana chickens. They are a breed of the more fancy kind.

ameraucana chickens are a really pretty chicken and so are the eggs. :D
Last edited by Billy James; 04-23-2016 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Typos..
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 04:36 AM  
isn't that funny
ah, ok then XD i guess i learned something new?
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 04:43 AM  
Derp
Default   #199  
I've raised chickens for years, I've had chickens that lay blue eggs, brown eggs and white eggs and I've had all kinds of birds.

Chickens of many breeds and colors, several breeds of ducks, and four kinds of geese, Plus all kinds of turkeys I've had pigeons too can't eat the eggs but they are lovely to have. I've had pet quail and I've eaten quail eggs.
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 04:51 AM  
Rebooting....
There's an organic farmer that sells egg cartons at the Farmer's Market with a combination of brown, green, blue and speckled eggs. It's always fun to buy those.
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 12:11 PM  
isn't that funny
Default   #201  
i was attacked by a cockerel when i was like 5 XD i don't deal with them unless they are already plucked and gutted
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 06:03 PM  
It's ALIVE
My roommate and my husband have it in their head their going raise chickens this year or next XD
I told them they need to take care of them and me and lee are not responsible for them but boys will be boys I guess >.>

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 04-23-2016, 06:07 PM  
isn't that funny
Default   #203  
i've always found 'boys will be boys' to be an admittance of social failure and personal laziness, someone somewhere did not do their job if stupidity and cruelty is allowed to run rampant
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 06:10 PM  
It's ALIVE
I can see how you can see that.
I also can't tell if you were directing the statement at me, or making a general statement as a whole.
I meant it like they will do their own thing, since their grown adults "technically" XD

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 04-23-2016, 06:20 PM  
-
Default   #205  
It's funny because I am the one who wanted to raise chickens and my husband and roommate said no. ;_;
.___.
Buying: NATM
Questing: Event Items 13/19
Miniature Fairy Wings, Immortal Worlds, Eye Sore Current Funds:0 Au.
Updated: 12/16/16 08:55 PM
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 06:31 PM  
isn't that funny
both? XD every time i see/hear that line i just get so irrationally mad like people have said that about both adults and children after said adults and children have done everything from being rude to outright brutalizing and killing someone(i am not even joking there was a court-case where that line was used to try and defend willful acceptance of violence) and it's very gross and dangerous. not only are males treated like they are only slovering brain-dead children incapable of making elective decisions that are both responsible and safe but it excuses behavior that would otherwise be looked down upon as being brain-dead and lacking in responsibility. it's a terrible phrase and deserves to be treated with the same disdain as any other outdated bit of sexism that we know to be untrue

but that is just /my/ two cents XD i am a feminist and i would like to think that i am more evolved than the stuff that grows under bathroom tiles
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 08:27 PM  
Derp
Default   #207  
I love love love egg salad sandwiches it's my favorite thing to eat in the summer don't ask me why, well that and pickled eggs. lol

Buying eggs at the store will cost you an arm and a leg, best to get your own chickens and have farm fresh eggs it's cheaper.
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 08:36 PM  
-
I love chickens when they are babies. They are so cute! If only they were so afraid of humans...
.___.
Buying: NATM
Questing: Event Items 13/19
Miniature Fairy Wings, Immortal Worlds, Eye Sore Current Funds:0 Au.
Updated: 12/16/16 08:55 PM
Old Posted 04-23-2016, 10:50 PM