Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #49  
I've only been accused once of stealing someone's avatar, and it was on another website (Gaiaonline), and I couldn't help myself. They yelled at me for being the same as my MULE, so I let them ream me out, and finally told them it was my Mule account and to check out the profile because it say's so. xD

I've also had my avatar stolen multiple times- ME I find it flattering that they liked it. xD But when they have a complete imitation, I find it a little bit annoying, since I prefer originality. ^^;
"Everyone else is either asleep or having sex. I've been watching cable television and eating jello."

-The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Old Posted 07-29-2011, 03:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Duchess of Deliciousness
I have never plain out stole someone's avatar and I have never seen anyone steal mine before. But I have taken some layering concepts from a few people. But, used them in a original way.
Current Funds:
Aurum: 0,000
Old Posted 07-30-2011, 01:10 AM Reply With Quote  
The Wandering Spirit
Default   #51  
I have never "stolen" someone's avatar before, at least not knowingly. And if I had, no one has ever brought it to my attention. If I had the exact same avatar as someone else, I would be grateful if someone told me, so I could it. But if there were only a few items of similarity on each of our avatars and someone tried telling me that I was immitating, I would very likely get irritated and tell them how wrong they were.

If someone were to steal my avatar and I ere to find out about it, I would actually feel kind of honored that they would think my avatar worth "stealing"; however, I would still ask them kindly to make some changes to their's, so the two would no longer be similar. C:

Qing, pronounced "Ching."
Old Posted 08-03-2011, 07:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Cheeky Monkey
When there are only so many ways to use an item, and it's popular, it's hard to claim someone "stole" the design.

-Hiatus-
Leave a message.
Old Posted 08-10-2011, 07:25 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #53  
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseSick View Post
I've only been accused once of stealing someone's avatar, and it was on another website (Gaiaonline), and I couldn't help myself. They yelled at me for being the same as my MULE, so I let them ream me out, and finally told them it was my Mule account and to check out the profile because it say's so. xD

I've also had my avatar stolen multiple times- ME I find it flattering that they liked it. xD But when they have a complete imitation, I find it a little bit annoying, since I prefer originality. ^^;
Well what about someone's avatar cosplaying as your avatar

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 08-11-2011, 01:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
People who complain about someone "stealing" their outfit should take these two points in concideration:

If whatever particular item(s) being worn on happen to be very popular, I can see how multiple avatars would be wearing the same shoes, dress, belt, etc... If its the most brought item in the store.
Or..
If the site (or game) has limited or little avatar customization, than about every 10, 15, or even 40 people you may see could look simular or just like you.

;) Come Befriend Me! ;)
Last edited by kitkitthecat; 09-09-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old Posted 09-09-2011, 09:16 PM Reply With Quote  
One Part Of A Whole
Default   #55  
I wouldn't really care if someone stole my outfit (not having any avatar at the moment I don't think that will happen here ;D) because it just shows that they have no imagination of their own, and they admire my ability to dress things.

Though no, I've never had anyone claim that I've stolen their outfit before, and I am glad of that. I have no patience for things like that and would have no qualms about ripping them a new belly button.
Old Posted 09-24-2011, 03:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff
.,.^.,.^.,.^.,.^^.,.^.,.^.,.^.,.
.,.^.,.^.,.^.,..,.^.,.^.,.^.,.

I have never once "Stolen" some ones avi. Mind you if I see an avi that I just love I will make one in my own way ^^ and as for them taking mine....this is the only sight I go on and so far nothing but all I got to say is have fun with the 30+ layers sometimes lol

.,.^.,.^.,.^.,..,.^.,.^.,.^.,.
~*~*~*~*~*~ ♥...If you will have me we shall be...♥~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~♥ ...Together forever and a day...♥ ~*~*~*~*~*~
Old Posted 09-24-2011, 02:38 PM Reply With Quote