Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

I Am Tam
Default   #6369  
Well, for blow your mind you need the ice cream. ...Says the woman who isn't even an ice cream fan.

I traded a baby mushroom for a 3D printed froggy today at the market. The little girl made the deal before her dad could even say anything. But he okayed it.

In other words, still optic migrained slightly, but I could read today.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-27-2022, 12:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Ahhhhhh! That frog is adorable!
Old Posted 11-27-2022, 12:17 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6371  
Thanks! :D The printer guy has all kinds of really neat dragons, too. From little $6CAN babies to ones nearly two foot long. And he doesn't stint on the pretty colours. Froggy there cost $22CAn if I hadn't traded for her, so his prices are low, too.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-27-2022, 12:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
It's long shot, but any chance he has an online shop or gallery or Instagram page so I can see the pretty dragons?
O.O
Old Posted 11-27-2022, 01:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #6373  
I wanna know this too, Tam! XD Mostly for the frog, because cute!
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 11-27-2022, 06:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
In other news...baking bread with a friend today. And got some cute pics of Derpy helping make some mini donuts.
Old Posted 11-27-2022, 07:02 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6375  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
It's long shot, but any chance he has an online shop or gallery or Instagram page so I can see the pretty dragons?
O.O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
I wanna know this too, Tam! XD Mostly for the frog, because cute!
I don't think so. But if I can remember, I can take a picture of his shop display next Saturday or Sunday.

Sorry for the late reply. I finally got over the migraine, but the night before last the upstairs neighbour was doing screaming karaoke at four in the morning, so I got about six hours sleep. And then I had to walk to the dentist and it was cold. And then today I was helping set up for a Christmas sale... and got COLDER. ...And I forgot why I was telling you guys all the reasons my brains aren't working right now.

I know the 3D printer guy has new frogs now, in different sizes and colours. He also has some cartoony looking jointed foxes.

What kind of bread did you bake?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-30-2022, 02:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
It wasn't anything fancy, just a couple loaves of a basic white bread. But I forgot how good fresh homemade bread is.

Was gonna make another batch of bread tonight, but we drew our secret Santa people at work today so instead I'm prototyping a Dratini plush by modifying existing patterns I have. Dragon head (without the horns and with some snout modifications and the addition of a forehead nob), snake body (which might not need many modifications, but I can't tell yet), and bat wings (minus one webbing section and made with thinner yarn on a smaller loom to make the head fins...have yet to work out this part and try it though so we'll see if it works like I'm hoping...)

Head minus the head fins:
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 11-30-2022 at 01:48 PM.
Old Posted 11-30-2022, 03:21 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6377  
Well, it's cute so far!

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-30-2022, 02:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Am working on the body right now. The head fins part is the only thing I'm really nervous about as I don't really have a great pattern for those so they'll take the most testing. Gonna see about writing out the pattern for them tonight though and then test it tomorrow.
Old Posted 11-30-2022, 03:14 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6379  
Too bad you don't have some plastic canvas. That could help a bit.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 12-01-2022, 12:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
It could? How?
Old Posted 12-01-2022, 01:39 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6381  
By making the shapes a little more quickly and easily.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 12-01-2022, 03:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Oh...yeah, but I'm not gonna put plastic canvas on a plushie.

Update: Have been re-thinking the head fun pattern. Will have to do a little more thinking and planning today. And am almost to the part where I want to start my decreases for the body...which will hopefully turn out how I want. Pattern modifying is scary on a deadline. xP

If it turns out okay though and doesn't need too much tweaking, it'll be easy enough to replicate.
Am making sure to take lots of notes.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 12-02-2022 at 02:17 PM.
Old Posted 12-01-2022, 10:02 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6383  
Oh right. *derp*

Also... now I have to find time to go ask the bank why the heck they charged me a big fee on my savings account!

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 12-03-2022, 12:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Oh no! Did you get the bank issue figured out? Sounds horrible!

Also....trying to fight my brain because it wants to go into craft panic/overload and make me not want to work on stuff. But I only have just over a week to figure out the plushie pattern and get it assembled...and maybe make a second one in the shiny colors...
Finished body prototype 1, but it wasn't quite right so I'm on prototype 2 now, which should hopefully be good, I just needed to make the spaces betweendecrease rows a bit longer, so 10 rows instead of 5 should be perfect. I think my initial head was fine (it could be tweaked some, but is good enough for now), and that just leaves the head fins after that.
Old Posted 12-05-2022, 11:53 AM Reply With Quote