Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #6113  
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Nephila8 View Post
My next project is going to require lace, beading and dyes...

It's going to be really expensive and difficult so I keep putting it off.

I'm working on the Mask right now.
I'm intrigued. What are you making?

Tam: Lol. Well those baby dragons can just calm down because as soon as I finish eating my yogurt cup, I will be sewing up and attaching the final frog leg, which will mean all I have left is delivery of the finished animals!

...and then I need to get back to working on my temperature blanket...which I'm like 4 months behind on now. Lol
Old Posted 06-12-2022, 09:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Aaaand finished!

Will bring them with me and text the (former) coworker in the morning to arrange delivery of them.
Old Posted 06-12-2022, 10:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #6115  
*melting as she inchworms in* 100+ F/39+ C temperatures. the humidity's relatively low, and there's a breeze, but fml. my guts are not happy.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 06-13-2022, 06:00 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Eeeee! Kaderin, may I gank the picture for my doll pic collection?

*pours gently cool water on Den*
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-14-2022, 04:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6117  
Of course you may, Tam!

Now that the plushies are done, I need to get back to working on my badly neglected temperature blanket. And also do a little prep work for the next temperature blanket I have planned. XP
Old Posted 06-14-2022, 07:06 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
I'm intrigued. What are you making?

Tam: Lol. Well those baby dragons can just calm down because as soon as I finish eating my yogurt cup, I will be sewing up and attaching the final frog leg, which will mean all I have left is delivery of the finished animals!

...and then I need to get back to working on my temperature blanket...which I'm like 4 months behind on now. Lol
I'm dubbing it "Fire and Ice Kitsune"

I'm going to be finishing an old Gothic Lolita design with a custom beaded piece and lace to match a burgundy crinoline I have.

The base dress was around $200 already. I've had it for years and always wanted to customized the sleeves and trim.

I need to put some kind of fabric on the back of the mask and it'll finally be done.

Here's an old version of the mask:

Old Posted 06-15-2022, 05:36 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6119  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Of course you may, Tam!

Now that the plushies are done, I need to get back to working on my badly neglected temperature blanket. And also do a little prep work for the next temperature blanket I have planned. XP
Eeeee! Thank you! They're so cute! Now I want to let Custard out of the box she's still rooming in after the move and give her some hugs.

Youcandoit!
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-15-2022, 05:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Pulled the blanket out before work to figure out where I left off and get back to work on it. Will hopefully get a lot done on it this weekend as I'm taking a long weekend for my birthday...even though my only bday plans are to buy myself a little cheesecake sampler and play video games. >.>
But I'll also have hopefully gotten the fruit yarns I ordered so I can make a test swatch and figure out my new blanket pattern then too. And maybe also use the extra time off to make a test blouse since I picked up some fabric.
Old Posted 06-16-2022, 10:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #6121  
things I've accomplished today that weren't things for Dad: moved the tower to my new-to-me computer up to my room, got some repair work done on a mini that keeps breaking, started sculpting work on a new head for a mini that's lost his (if I can find the one I originally sculpted, I'll just glue it back on).

Things left to do today or tomorrow: move the rest of the stuff that goes with the computer up to my room, get the computer set up and running, work on more of the commission I've been working on
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 06-16-2022, 04:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Nephilia: Whoops forgot to respond in the last post! Love that fox mask and...ooohhh. Sounds like an interesting project! I wouldn't have the patience for all that work. XD
But I hope it turns out the way you want!
Old Posted 06-16-2022, 05:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #6123  
making shitty art via anime bases is pretty freeing. i should do it more often.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 06-17-2022, 02:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
If my new yarn arrives when it's supposed to, it's gonna take massive control to resist the urge to start new projects over the weekend. XD

Do want to at least make some test swatches though to figure out my next blanket pattern.
Old Posted 06-17-2022, 11:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6125  
Started a new temperature blanket with the fruit yarns! ...except I had to frog it because I forgot that I needed to do a different starting square (I decided to do a striped one with all the colors to start and end the pattern) and also because I attached the second one wrong and decided to make the squares slightly smaller.
Old Posted 06-24-2022, 12:00 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Ooops. But I like how the colours go together! They remind me of delicious foods that make me very sick when I eat them.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-24-2022, 10:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6127  
Second attempt!

I'm kind of torn because I kind of like the bigger squares for the yarn patterning better (and also because it would make a bigger, more snuggly blanket), but I don't know if I want to start over again... xP

Also because I've cut these yarns at their smaller sizes now, they'd be unuseable for the blanket squares if I do decide to do the bigger squares. Though I can probably use the full squares for animal arms and the striped one can be put into my always in progress scrap scarf...so not a total waste, but these are definitely issues that I should have worked out BEFORE using the fruit yarns so...
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 06-25-2022 at 01:20 PM.
Old Posted 06-25-2022, 10:46 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
I vote for the bigger squares. Are you sure you can't make invisible joins for them?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 06-27-2022, 10:04 PM Reply With Quote