Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #17  
Chi, I think you asked me about ProtonJon? I actually spoke with him for the first time today. C: He's a super cool guy, and very professional. He writes well and reads over important documents carefully. I appreciate that.
I also met PurpleRodri today. He's a very nice guy. I watched his Draw My Life video today as well, and man, he's had a hard life! I'm amazed at how positive he is after all he's been through.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 08-19-2013, 07:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Delicate Soul
@Tiva: I remember watching Smosh a long time ago. I don't watch them much anymore but I still think they're funny. :3

@Lucid: Oh did you?! He's actually the guy who inspired me back in 2008. Haha. If only I ad kept going with my Lets Playing... I just wasn't as invested as I am now. I think a lot of it had to do with finishing up high school and starting college too. School work has always been very important to me. He always seemed like a really nice fun guy to talk to. -Nod-

PurpleRodri... I haven't really watched anything of his. I've seen him in collabs with other LPers but nothing of his own. I think I'll do that either tonight or tomorrow.

Broken Spirit
Old Posted 08-19-2013, 10:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Delicate Soul
Default   #19  
I went and watch Rodri's video that is tough. I ended up subscribing to him.

So there was something I wanted to say to try and clear the air:
It may have seemed like I was coming off as only wanting one thing. What I want out of my channel is to make people happy. I'm doing something that I thoroughly enjoy. I have always enjoyed playing video games and if people have heard me before when I play games they find me hilarious. There's been a few times when I've played games while talking to some of my friends on Raidcall, Teamspeak, Skype, etc and they enjoyed listening to me. I enjoy doing this. I want to make people happy and I was hoping maybe I could make some friends along the way too. I wanted to do something I enjoy and I hope you guys enjoy it too.

I don't need to explain nuffin, but I thought I'd explain why I started making videos since I didn't explain it earlier.

Broken Spirit
Old Posted 08-24-2013, 04:43 PM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
One of the best ways to make friends on youtube is to make intelligent comments on the videos of people you like. This is something that I've never really been good at doing because on the internet I get super shy for some reason, but remember that the comments of a youtube video is just like a forum thread. Except sometimes more arguments break out in there. Remember not to argue with the trolls!

You don't have to make comments that end up in the top comments section all the time, but having a conversation with somebody, or asking/answering legitimate questions will get people to start noticing you and wanting to be your friend. :3 I've noticed that a lot of youtubers have their own little mini dedicated community of commenters and I think that's way cool that they all know each other!

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 08-25-2013, 10:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Multiply Six by Nine
Default   #21  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid: View Post
One of the best ways to make friends on youtube is to make intelligent comments on the videos of people you like. This is something that I've never really been good at doing because on the internet I get super shy for some reason, but remember that the comments of a youtube video is just like a forum thread. Except sometimes more arguments break out in there. Remember not to argue with the trolls!

You don't have to make comments that end up in the top comments section all the time, but having a conversation with somebody, or asking/answering legitimate questions will get people to start noticing you and wanting to be your friend. :3 I've noticed that a lot of youtubers have their own little mini dedicated community of commenters and I think that's way cool that they all know each other!
This is true, you'd be surprised how many people I have on my YT friends list despite not being a content creator... Not sure how many of them are just expecting me to watch their videos... because I don't... except for Andre but he added me after I subscribed to him.
Old Posted 08-26-2013, 03:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #22   Pernicious Storyteller Pernicious Storyteller is offline
Confused
I watch Let's Play for the funny comments and reaction myself, and am unfortunately only aware of LittleKuriboh, Piewdiepie, Cryaotic and CinnamonToastKen so far, I would love some suggestions, though :)!
Old Posted 08-26-2013, 04:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Multiply Six by Nine
Default   #23  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernicious Storyteller View Post
I watch Let's Play for the funny comments and reaction myself, and am unfortunately only aware of LittleKuriboh, Piewdiepie, Cryaotic and CinnamonToastKen so far, I would love some suggestions, though :)!
Does LK still do that? I know he does Marik Plays Vampire the Masquerade but I don't see him update that often. Did he switch channels for that or something?

As for suggestions I can't offer too much, outside of Game Grumps and Two Best Friends Play, which are both pretty well known by this point.

One that's a little less known is the Super Beard Bros. series on the channel "ThatOneLaserClown." If you know who The Completionist is it's his LP channel.
Old Posted 08-27-2013, 10:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #24   Pernicious Storyteller Pernicious Storyteller is offline
Confused
I don't think he does, which is a shame because they were hilarious.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll try to check them out soon :)!
Old Posted 08-28-2013, 01:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Delicate Soul
Default   #25  
@Lucid: I'm pretty shy too. Especially in "big places" like youtube. I had trouble sometimes "posting out of my comfort zone" on Gaia back in the days. ANYWAYS. I will try making a comment even if it's something silly or stupid, or even something just little.

@Xros: Oh okay, thanks for the insight. :3

That happened to me on Twitter. I'm following OfficialPAX and two companies are following me now. I think it was because they were hoping I would follow them or see them at PAX Prime and comment. Which I feel kind of bad because I'm not going to PAX Prime. ):

@Storyteller: I can suggest The Runaway Guys, they're a team of three Lets Players who get together and play multiplayer games. Sometimes they have special guests that consist of friends. And they've held a few tournaments too.

Broken Spirit
Old Posted 08-29-2013, 11:06 PM Reply With Quote