Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Dazed
Red face hello from me!   #1  
Hello everyone. I'm Spiderlillie, and trying not to lurk anymore. :)

Hopefully i will get to know the community here and how to navigate the site better, now that my time is more relaxed.

I actually returned because of getting a reminder/event email recently, and decided to visit once again. Thanks for reminding me about this site. Looks quite nice! :D

Hope you all are having a wonderful day and evening! I look forward to getting to know everyone. :)
Old Posted 01-15-2017, 07:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Hello there! Nice to see you <3

Looks like you are probably finding your way around just fine!

Old Posted 01-15-2017, 07:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #3  
Welcome to the light, Spiderlillie! :D I hope you have a good time.
Old Posted 01-15-2017, 07:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Thanks very much Glitch and Tohopekaliga! Its fun finding new things, exploring and such. Hehe, i must say, its an adventure navigating from a phone, but fun! :D I'm loving finding out how things work.
Old Posted 01-15-2017, 08:10 PM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #5  
Hi Spiderlillie!
Do you like spiderlilies? I find them really pretty! There was a brief period of time when my usernames were "spiderlily" on other sites xD

Old Posted 01-15-2017, 08:31 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Well hello there and welcome back =3

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 01-15-2017, 09:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #7  
Hi there Potironette and SparX! Thank you both very much!

Potironette, oh my, thank you. You are one of the rarest of rare who understand what a spiderlilly *is* and hadn't took my username to mean that i loved spiders instead.

To answer you, when i was a child, the start of a new school year was always extra stressful on me. The spiderlillys in and around our town always bloomed in red, pink and white almost everywhere you looked rigt around the start of school. That always gave me courage, cheered me up a great deal, and just were gorgeous, delicate flowers to look at.

It also happens they bloomed right around my birthday.

So i always thought of spiderlillys as God's little hug to me, since i was always so stressed from school startup every year, and they always popped up near my birthday.

That's why i love them so much, and use that name for myself. :) Such sweet memories.

Edit: and wonderful you've used that name as well! I love it when i see others using that name! I always consider that this is someone else who also loves that particular flower. :)
Last edited by Spiderlillie; 01-15-2017 at 10:09 PM. Reason: addition
Old Posted 01-15-2017, 10:06 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
what a sweet story<3
Old Posted 01-15-2017, 10:18 PM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #9  
Oh wow! Spiderlilies blooming in town sounds beautiful! And those memories do sound really sweet <3

While I've never seen the flowers in real life, I really love how they look in photos and paintings..or in SparX's gif xD

Old Posted 01-15-2017, 10:22 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
your profile cannot be commented on X''D so you are welcome, sorry they are not lilies we do not have those yet
Old Posted 01-15-2017, 10:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
Default   #11  
Hi Spiderlillie: Nice that you have come back.
I hope you stop lurking and just dive in and start chatting.
We are a very friendly group.
Old Posted 01-16-2017, 12:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Potironette, they are a bulbing annual. :) you might be able to buy the bulbs at nurseries, or seed catalogs. But the bulbs can be toxic, though i never had an issue with them myself, i always washed my hands very well after handling them. Just wear gloves if you ever do buy any and need to transplant them.

In north central Texas, Dallas area and all around for miles, spiderlillys, bluebonnets, King Alfred daffodils and wild narcissus (sp?) are just a few types of flowers you'll see volunteering in various places. That and clover, indian paintbrushes, and so many more.

In the town i grew up in, there was rarely a time of year that some sort of plant wasn't in bloom somewhere. All that was needed was to look carefuly. :)

Oh littl3chocobo? O.O is there a setting i need to change in my profile settings to allow you to post? Im sorry it wasn't allowing you to post. And thank you once again for the trade. :D i love dressing up my avatar. Hehe, maybe one day there will be spiderlillys to use in our avatars someway.

Hi there Moonshadow! Thank you so much! I see that, hehe everyone here is so very kind! :D
Old Posted 01-16-2017, 12:46 AM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #13  
Click "Settings" at the top, right next to the logout.

Then click "profile privacy" which is the second link of the sidebar which you'll see.

Then look at the "Visitor Messages: " which is the third one down and you probably have it set to something that's restricted.

If that doesn't do it, then I don't know :x

Wow, that sounds really pretty! So many flowers <3
I can't plant things outside because I live in an apartment. As for planting inside the apartment, there's one thing deterring me: I'm afraid the soil I get will have new creepy crawlies D:

Old Posted 01-16-2017, 02:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Thank you Potironette, i think my profile has the right settings finally. :D

Oh wow, i never thought of that, the soil having creepy-crawlies i mean. Ive only had that happen one time several years ago. But likely because the bags of potting soil i bought had been stocked in an outdoor garden center over the warm months. Its likely the cold weather would kill any unwanted inhabitants if the bags were stocked outdoors now, maybe? I sure hope you can find some that is free of pests!

Now you guys have me really wanting to get a few pretty houseplants for my new apartment! :D I do have a nice balcony now, hmm... i'm strongly considering container gardening, once spring has sprung.

Is anyone hobbying with container gardens that might have some tips? I'm more experienced with outdoor plot gardening. My container gardening skills are rather rusty these days, i know ive forgotten much.

I would love to have some tomatoes, figs and a few herbs growing over the spring and summer. Fresh thyme, mint, cilantro, chives, parsley, and especially rosemary would be wonderful. Way cheaper than the grocery store's lofty prices!
Old Posted 01-19-2017, 03:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Multiply Six by Nine
Default   #15  
Hey! welcome back hope you have a gpod time on here :D

and i also enjoy spider lillies! i painted them quite a lot my freshman year, and honestly im thinking of making them apart of my next concentration work for AP art!
✧DETOX JUST TO RETOX✧

Art Gallery ❥Art Shop ❥Tumblr

sig art by me
Old Posted 01-19-2017, 12:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Hi Lizard, and thank you so much! Oh that would be wonderful! I wish you great success with your artwork. Can't wait to see what you create! :D I've never thought i could paint or even sketch them, they are so delicate and detailed. I bet your artwork of them was amazing!
Old Posted 01-19-2017, 12:53 PM Reply With Quote