Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wanderer
Default Speakers   #1  
Eh, doubt there's gonna be a good solution, but...

If I've go one laptop speaker that's silent, but can hear both R and L when I plug my earphones in, is the left one fried? And if it is...any way I can fix it?

It's weird, because I don't turn my music on really loud. I rarely go above half of the max volume.

EDIT: Er...I think I didn't explain well enough. I meant that my left speaker stays silent, but I can hear from both sides of my earphones if I plug them in.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Last edited by Espy; 09-28-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old Posted 09-19-2011, 01:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Psych
thats a tuff question, it could be your headphones, try it with a different pair of headphones
Old Posted 09-28-2011, 08:15 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #3  
i have an answer i think, my speakers do it too, if they have an aux port stick your phones in there and wiggle it a bit withough putting it all the way in, or if not check to make sure you did not pull out the cord
Old Posted 09-28-2011, 08:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
I meant that my laptop speaker (left one) doesn't have any sound at all, but when I plug my earphones in, I can hear from both sides of the earphones.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 09-28-2011, 08:29 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #5  
oh, don't crack it open, you got a bum speaker^^: you have to live with it or take it in for repairs
Old Posted 09-28-2011, 08:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
I've tried poking it a bit from the top to see if I could make the wires touch just by accident again....didn't happen. Actually there's this song that I'm gonna go listen to right now; the song's weird because for the forst part, it comes exclusively out of one speaker, then does both for the rest of the song.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 09-28-2011, 08:50 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #7  
Probably a bum speaker or bum wire. I had a pair of headphones that would glitch on me like that. Twisting the plug around a bit sometimes corrected it. Same thing with speakers that plug into the headphone jack. On occasion one out of a pair might quit, but we are talking $10 speakers.

That might be a brief fix for you if you can find a pair. I had one for my CD player that plugged into the headphone jack and they worked for a laptop as well. Not the best sound in the world but it might get you both speakers back. I had them because my desktop monitor had no speakers at all.
Old Posted 09-29-2011, 02:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Yeah, I really should get portable speakers...
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 09-29-2011, 02:52 AM Reply With Quote