Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Mercury Poisoning!
Default What's most influential part of your avatar making style?   #1  
You're in your inventory, ready to make a brand new avatar. Where do you tend to begin? What sorts of things do you like best when making avatars? What is your style like?

Some people like to make cosplays, some people like clutter, some go with themes, some people like all sorts of things.

----- x ------

When I make an avatar, I like to try and use five or more colours. I always think of a colour scheme before starting. Not only that, but I try and think of unique colours that others may or may not typically use together. It makes me feel like I have a challenge.

Sometimes I'll go with a theme, but the most important thing to me is colour dispersion! Also, I love clutter.
Old Posted 10-12-2012, 03:24 PM Reply With Quote  
She Who Is Unnecessarily Formal At Times
I go with color scheme, then theme. Usually I dress it up to look like some sort of character, be it fantasy or scifi. I try to keep things simple, but I love layering.

I'm quite busy lately. I may poof for several days at a time.
Old Posted 11-14-2012, 05:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Honeydew
Default   #3  
I tend to flip through the tab of donation items and event items and pick one piece that I wish to use in a new avatar, and tend to build and layer off of whichever piece I had chosen.
And I can't change
Even if I tried
Even if I wanted to...
What a Doll: Pixel Shop
The [Honey] Comb: Hangout
...I can't change
Even if I try
Even if I wanted to
Old Posted 11-14-2012, 01:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Color dispersion doesn't usually play a huge role in my avi's...I usually start with a theme and personality first. Most of my avi's are somewhat dark, and the most important part of avi-making, to me, is how well I can form a backstory or personality from an avatar.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 11-14-2012, 02:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #5  
I usually think of a colour scheme first, then have at it.
And when I make them, I usually keep with all warm colours, or all cool colours.
I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to colour balance and them being the right shade of whatever.
And my avatars are anything but cute. xD
Hair is usually the last thing I equip, too.
Old Posted 11-14-2012, 04:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee's Mad Hatter
I tend to really like one thing, and then I make an entire outfit around it.

Noone knows the depth of love I have for these elf ears.
Old Posted 11-17-2012, 04:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Đıνıηε ıςοηοςļαѕτ
Default   #7  
I tend to just start with a certain item in particular, and kinda build on top of that until I find something that I like or that interests me. My avatar creation isn't really a predetermined thing, nor do I just pick a color scheme (though I really do love the colors black and blood red, I never intentionally make an avatar with only those colors already in mind).
Old Posted 11-17-2012, 05:45 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I don't really know what I build my avatar off of. Usually I think I have something in mind or get inspired somehow and then build off of that, but at least half of the time when I decide to make a new avatar I don't actually settle on one. Last one I wanted to try and make was a matador theme but I wasn't able to pull it off to my liking so it didn't go anywhere. Sometimes I decide to use and item and build off of that. Other times, I have a specific theme or idea. It really depends on what ends up working I think. I do like everything to match well though. It bothers me if something is off colour or if an item sticks out too much or doesn't layer well.
Old Posted 11-18-2012, 03:02 AM Reply With Quote  
(⊙‿⊙✿)
Default   #9  
i generally tend to go with a colour scheme first-- usually green to match my hair and then whatever makes a good contrasting colour like black or white or pink

i also tend to start with a specific item-- i build an outfit around that item

i like to have a fairly complex avatar without it looking cluttered though, and i dont tend to like avatars that are overly simple, like, "i could definitely find something to go with that" right? and if i cant find anything to go with that item, then i start over

so yeah thats basically it
tw: tumblr
Old Posted 11-24-2012, 08:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
My style is similar to .. Visual Kei, Emo, and things that are cute.

Since I'm a newb, it doesn't show much. But just you wait! I'll have a cool avatar sooner or later. :<

I love detail.
Old Posted 11-25-2012, 02:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Thumbs up   #11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
Color dispersion doesn't usually play a huge role in my avi's...I usually start with a theme and personality first. Most of my avi's are somewhat dark, and the most important part of avi-making, to me, is how well I can form a backstory or personality from an avatar.
And what a wonderful job you do!
Old Posted 11-25-2012, 02:42 AM Reply With Quote  
-:-o}}}-O-{{{o-:-
I usually begin with an item and whatever color it is I will try to make that go with something else. I end up hunting all over for things that match or compliment it. So I am mostly color oriented. I never use a theme or cosplay since I am not good at that. They end up however they end up and usually just 3 or 4 colors at most. I was told I clutter too much so I try to keep them more simple now but I don't succeed. I like clutter.
I used to have a sig. Really.
Old Posted 11-26-2012, 11:02 AM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Default   #13  
I usually do at least two different (and sometimes competing) themes. I start with a few items I like and build the rest from that.
Old Posted 12-06-2012, 03:27 AM Reply With Quote  
-:-o}}}-O-{{{o-:-
^ Your avi is so cute! Just had to say.
I used to have a sig. Really.
Old Posted 12-06-2012, 02:18 PM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Default   #15  
/blush

Thank you Uma. I think it needs more colors, or just different ones; I do black/white/red way too often. xD Yours has a very strong theme and a lot of character to it. <3
Old Posted 12-06-2012, 04:51 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
I (in the past, still building here) do it based on an item, and stick to a 2-3 color scheme. I like purples and blues a lot.
Old Posted 12-07-2012, 12:03 AM Reply With Quote