Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

-
Default Pet Stories   #1  
Come one, come all.

Come and tell your pet stories!

Or talk about your pets in general.

----
For example, my pet cat mainly likes to eat when there is someone around. He has 20 hours of alone time to eat his food when I am away from his food bowl(either working or sleeping). But he chooses to eat in the 4 hours that I am awake and next to his food bowl.

Anyone have any idea why that is?
.___.
Buying: NATM
Questing: Event Items 13/19
Miniature Fairy Wings, Immortal Worlds, Eye Sore Current Funds:0 Au.
Updated: 12/16/16 08:55 PM
Old Posted 04-25-2017, 10:06 PM  
It Won't Stop
my cat likes to eat sandwiches and anything that comes in take-out containers.

Old Posted 04-25-2017, 10:10 PM  
We're all mad here.
Default   #3  
OMG so many stories...I wouldn't know where to start. Or who to start with.

Well, my brother brought his dog downstairs to sit with us a bit as he was barking at the repair man. He's a pom-chihuahua mix so barking is what he does. Like seriously. You can pinch his little mouth together and tell him to shoosh and he will still find some means of barking through his lips.

Naturally he barks every times someone comes to the door, and we tall him not to bark, but he does anyway. It's his imperative. I've noticed something though. We're often in the kitchen when people arrive which is through a doorway from the main entry. When someone arrives at the house, knocks or rings the bell, or walks in, he starts barking and runs towards the door. However, tell him not to bark and he stops at the threshold between the door and the front room, but still barks. Watching him, he doesn't appear at all concerned about his barking, but he does seem concerned about entering the front room.

I have come to the conclusion that through accident and circumstance of the house layout, the dog has decided that "no barking" means "stay in the kitchen." After all, he's usually running to the front door (simultaneously barking) when we show disapproval with his behavior. It just so happens he interpreted his running to the door as the problem, not the barking. I guess he's being a good boy?
Old Posted 04-25-2017, 10:18 PM  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulkth View Post
Come one, come all.

Come and tell your pet stories!

Or talk about your pets in general.

----
For example, my pet cat mainly likes to eat when there is someone around. He has 20 hours of alone time to eat his food when I am away from his food bowl(either working or sleeping). But he chooses to eat in the 4 hours that I am awake and next to his food bowl.

Anyone have any idea why that is?
Not a cat person, but maybe he's just more comfortable eating when you are around.

My older sister was watching my dog for a while, and she noted that he only bothered to sit on the couch when I was there. The rest of the time he was in his bed or on the floor/in a corner somewhere.
Old Posted 04-25-2017, 10:22 PM  
-
Default   #5  
For some reason our cat only likes his dry cat food and cat treats/vitamins. He won't eat anything else. No real meat. No fancy canned cat food. Just his dry cat food.

He's really missing out on the good stuff!
-----
You know how people say that cats are loners and solitary creatures?
It's not true at all. Our cat is an attention hog! He wants attention all the time! He's even willing to be naughty just to get negative attention!
.___.
Old Posted 04-25-2017, 11:33 PM  
We're all mad here.
I've heard boys can be pretty affectionate, and it might depend on the breed of cat I imagine.
Old Posted 04-26-2017, 02:30 AM  
Truthwatcher
Default   #7  
Soo...one of my cats likes to eat yarn. Not shoelaces, not cords and cables, just yarn. Of course, I don't leave yarn about for him to chew/eat because that's bad. He's only successfully eaten it twice and only because I was dumb and left it unattended for more than 20 seconds.
But he has thankfully passed it without problems.

And yeah, both of my cats are super affectionate and often will fight over space near me.
Old Posted 04-26-2017, 04:08 AM  
We're all mad here.
If I have anything soft around for pets (or that pets might get into) I try to be sure it's something natural that would digest or pass easily if anyone gets into it. Things like cotton and latex rubber seem to be better for dogs than synthetic materials.
Old Posted 04-26-2017, 04:32 AM  
Snap!
Default   #9  
Our kitty head booped my boyfriend's nose this morning as a way of waking him up for work.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 04-26-2017, 08:43 AM  
It's ALIVE
I can never sleep well ever
Even if we put the 3 dogs in the crate for the night
there are still 4 cats that end up sleeping with us out of the 6 .-.
So every night there are 7 extra bodies all over the bed that barely has enough space for my husband and me as is.......
but they are all so cuddly we can't stop doing it XD

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 04-26-2017, 10:17 AM  
Snap!
Default   #11  
They're worth it though, right? xD
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 04-26-2017, 01:21 PM  
Truthwatcher
Haha...poor Sparx!
Honestly, I sleep better with the cats on the bex than I do without them.
But then I only have 2 and I fon't have to share my bed with another person.
XD
Old Posted 04-26-2017, 02:52 PM  
It's ALIVE
Default   #13  
Sometimes it is worth it. waking up with potty training accidents of paw print shaped bruises isn't the most fun though XD
My favorite is one of my cats that specifically sleeps on the pillow next to my head every night XD no matter what XD

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 04-26-2017, 09:38 PM  
Truthwatcher
Ouch. So glad my cats aren't strong enough to bruise.
And yeah...one if my cats will frequently lay above my head on a pillow if my pillows are arranged just right.
Old Posted 04-26-2017, 11:28 PM  
-
Default   #15  
I am loving all these pet stories! XD

Today my cat has been good. We always open the windows in the morning for him and he has been sunbathing all day.
.___.
Old Posted 04-26-2017, 11:32 PM  
Truthwatcher
Sunbathing cats are so cute!
Mine like to fight over window space even though they have 4 separate window options.
Old Posted 04-26-2017, 11:36 PM