Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Io, Jupiter
Default   #577  
I remember reading Jane Eyre when I was much younger.
I read it recently and had major issues with the character Mr. Rochester.
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 12:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I haven't quite gotten to his character yet, but possibly will this weekend since I will have a decent amount of time between work shifts tomorrow to read. Either that or work on a craft project. Ehatever I decide to pack with me.
XP

All I can say currently is that I so far like it although I am a little disappointed with how the beginning starts. Like, I understand that Jane was orphaned at a young age, but starting at kind of at the end of her time with her aunt and cousins with no mention of past events except to quickly gloss over them in explanations to people as necessary bothers me a little. Her youth gets fairly well skipped. But, at the same time that isn't the intended focus of the story I suppose, so it doesn't make sense to ramble on too long about it.

Lol. On a positive note, I only need to finish 6 books this month to be back on pace.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 08-05-2017 at 02:18 AM.
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 02:08 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #579  
I've seen bits and pieces of one of the films; enough to say I doubt I'm going to read the book, but there are parts I found interesting, which (I think) focus around Mr. Rochester.
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 02:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Even though its late into 2017 i want to try this... only i've read all the books i own... except for some i have on my Kobo e- reader.... woudl reading the ones i have on my e-reader count in this??
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 02:32 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #581  
I think each of us just made our own list. I'm waaaaay behind in my lists (still working on my 2016 list.)
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 02:36 AM Reply With Quote  
기다려
@PurpleBox dude it doesn't matter when you start, what your goal is or what you read. E-books are books too just in a different format! And it doesn't even have to be books you're reading!

Quote:
The Goal:

The goal can be anything you want: 1 book in 2017, 10 books in 2017, 25 books in 2017, 50 books in 2017, 100 books in 2017, reading a certain series in 2017, reading a certain number of pages in 2017, reading the same book 50 times in 2017, etc. Your goal is whatever you want and whatever is challenging yet still fun for you. It's a personal challenge, not a contest. So you set your goal and go at your own pace.

The Books:

You can count or not count any books you want. If you want to count audio books, then do it. If not, then don't. If you want to count manga, then do it. If not, then don't. If you want to count magazines, then do it. If not, then don't. If you want to count books for school, then do it. If not, then don't. It's all up to you!

The Rules:

1. Follow Trisphee's rules.

2. Don't make fun of anyone for having a different goal than you. We all have different obligations, and priorities, and free time, etc, so all of our reading goals are going to be different, and that's ok. One person might easily finish a 500 page book in a few days, while someone else might struggle to finish 500 pages in a few months, and that's ok. We're not racing, rushing, or competing. We're motivating, encouraging, and having fun.

3. If you want to talk about something that happened in a book, put it in a spoiler.

Who Can Join:
Anyone! Just jump in say what your goal is!

Deadline for joining:
Feel free to join in any time before 2018!
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 02:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #583  
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleBox View Post
Even though its late into 2017 i want to try this... only i've read all the books i own... except for some i have on my Kobo e- reader.... woudl reading the ones i have on my e-reader count in this??
Haha...welcome!
E-books totally count, yes!
You could also re-read books if you want.
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 02:53 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Re-reading a book is on my list! Haven't decided which, but I've still got to work through my purchased guys.
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 02:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #585  
I re-read books all the time. At least 1 and possibly 2 of the books on my list are re-reads. (I have forgotten what I have for finished books currently.)
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 02:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
thats good to know!!! and a bit of a relief lol, im a book worm i mostly have just one or two genre's of books, sci fi and fantasy so i just need to pick one and there i go ^w^ I'll get my list up tomorrow, its way past midnight here and im about to pass out xP
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 03:11 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #587  
1:30am right now, and I suppose I should make more attempts to go to bed and actually try to be asleep before 4am rolls around. I'm not so good at that these days.

But, a couple days ago it was 6am so I am doing better!
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 04:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
PurpleBox's Reading List for 2017
I think I'll start small with 10 books :)

Last edited by PurpleBox; 04-15-2018 at 07:56 PM.
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 06:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
Default   #589  
@Purple Box: Hi, I am glad you are joining us. I will put you on the list of participants and link to this page.
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 11:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
^^ im glad that there is a thread like this. It will give me encouragement to get the reading done XD
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 11:37 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #591  
That's in good part why I'm here, but it's also fun to just talk about books and such. I should read a little more today. I was making good progress on my fantasy novel but alas, I'm sucked back into online fanfiction and computer games again.
Old Posted 08-05-2017, 11:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
I think this thread is a great idea. My friend from Ernya started one there, and that is where I first starting posting when I joined Ernya. We will definitely do one in 2018!
Old Posted 08-06-2017, 12:56 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
books, challenge, novels