Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In
Closed Thread

Delightfully Overcaffeinated Rodent
Default Lost in Curiosity   #1  

While everyone was busy sipping their cocoa, Sebastian slipped outside unnoticed. He wasn't used to snow, and it was sooooo much fun! He ran around for a few moments in the area surrounding the cabin, taking in the new experience for all that it was.

After a few... well, a few dozen minutes, he noticed that Kaimid had stepped outside as Furball came dashing up, her white coloring blending into the snow-scape. He started tossing snow at her, dashing away as she chased after, romping around. Sebastian was having so much fun, but he was definitely glad that he'd bundled up and dressed warm. Now, where was that little ball of fur….

Old Posted 03-03-2014, 10:48 PM  
It's over 9000!

The two ran and played for a while, under Kaimid's watchful eye. He found the entire scene fascinating, watching Sebastian react to this new environment. Eventually though, the data grew repetitive and Kaimid began to observe other parts of the scenery, such as the trees that towered overhead, or the artificial wind. He noted all the different species that thrived in this winter environment so well.

Old Posted 03-03-2014, 10:49 PM  
Default   #3  

Sebastian continued to play and run, eventually losing sight of Furball. When he turned around, he realized that he couldn’t see the cabin anymore, but thankfully the black smoke from the chimney was still visible… barely. He kept walking back, tracing his own tracks and keeping the smoke-trail in sight, but just then he noticed something running around, dashing between the trees. Standing still for a moment, he finally caught a glimpse of it, and started after it in a run, glimpsing a leg here or a tail there. And yet, no matter how fast he ran he couldn’t catch sight of the tiny creature.

Reaching a rock face, he saw the creature dash into a hole. There didn’t seem like there was any other exit. He moved up closer and saw a flash of eyes in the dark, a piercing yellow that darted around. He dug a half-eaten snack out of his pocket and stretched his hand forward, only for a long tongue to snap out and grab it from his grasp. Sebastian cried out in surprise, and it carried off into the distance, amplified by the massive forest and the domed walls.
Old Posted 03-03-2014, 10:50 PM  
It's over 9000!

Kaimid was pulled out of his musing over the adaptability of winter lichen by a loud noise. Looking down, he noticed something was missing… what was it?

Where is the squirrel-sentient? Sebastian. Where did he run off to?

Glancing around, he noticed some tracks leading into the distance, but Furball was nowhere to be seen either. No. Nevermind. She came dashing up, weaving in between Kaimid’s legs and trying to get his attention. Could she know where the Sebastian went? Calculating. Calculating........ Probable.

Decided, Kaimid returned to the cottage and pushed the door open to announce, “Sebastian has disappeared. Furball indicates that she may know where he's gone. I have determined that--” Before he could even finish speaking, the others were rushing out past him.
Old Posted 03-03-2014, 10:52 PM  
Default   #5  

The critter edged out, its hooked claws catching the rim of the hole. Its sleek scales were dusted in fresh snow.

“A Grache!” Sebastian exclaimed. He couldn’t contain himself, he loved it! He reached down to pet it, admiring how small it was. That meant that it must be pretty young.

Why was it out here on its own? he wondered. Did it need a home? By that point, he'd resolved to take it with him and bring it back to the city. All those scales, the claws, the tail, and especially its wings made it unlike any other creature outside the reserve. He picked it up and held it close to him, surprised that it let him do so.

So I’ve decided. It's coming with me, and I'll name it, ummm... name it.... He couldn’t think of a name, but that was just the excitement. Once he settled down back at the cabin, things would– Wait, where am I exactly? He realized then that he had no clue where he was or how to get back to his friends.

Frantic, and still holding the Grache close, he looked around, seeing some of his tracks off in one direction. He attempted to follow them back but they disappeared, making his attempt to find his way futile. What do I do now? Where do I go from here? I hope they're out looking for me… if not, it may take a while for me to get back.
Old Posted 03-03-2014, 10:53 PM  
Closed Thread