Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In
Closed Thread

Giant panda with itty bitty wings.
Default Avatar Size   #1  
Now this is just a suggestion, so please take it with a grain of salt.

Most avatar sites floating around the web have smaller avatars; usually around 4cm (or around 1.5in). I really enjoy it when avatars are that size. It makes it seem more... professional? Blown-up avatars make it seem as if the site is aimed towards children.

So could the site perhaps make the avatar size smaller? Not the proportions, those are great, but the avatar itself? I know re-sizing every single item on here would be a pain, so maybe you could only make the avatars smaller when they appear in the forums?
Old Posted 07-27-2010, 09:27 PM  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
personally, I think the larger avatars give this site more appeal. it leaves more room to add more detail, and I think the avatars here are the prettiest I've ever seen. why squander away all that spacious room and limit the gorgeous detail of the items we have to dress up in?

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 07-27-2010, 09:48 PM  
Default   #3  
I suppose, but just because an avatar is smaller doesn't mean it loses any detail. C:
Buying Runes
Old Posted 07-27-2010, 09:58 PM  
Master Ninja, and Thread Eater of Doom!
The avatars we have are the official size. There's no way we could make them any smaller without having to delete all the files, shrink the files, then re-upload them, which would delay the site opening for many, many months.

In short, we'd have to re-pixel all of the items, and maybe even fix/repair the bases. Also, the large 'white' space is for items such as the phoenix anka whom will become available to the beta testers sometime soon.

We made the decision to make the avatars the size they are after a long thought out process. We also went through a few test bases before we came up with the final product that you see before you. Also, this website is not based towards children at all. In fact, quite the opposite. We're aiming between 15-25 as the top demographic. We don't want to be like all the other avatar sites. Far from it.

As for making the avatars appear smaller on the forums, I don't know if we can do that. But I'd wait to see what Fenris says on that.

I hope that clears it up.
Old Posted 07-27-2010, 10:05 PM  
Default   #5  
Ah, I see. C: Well thank you for letting me know. You can go ahead and lock this now, if you would like.
Buying Runes
Old Posted 07-27-2010, 10:07 PM  
Master Ninja, and Thread Eater of Doom!
It's no problem. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to answering your queries. :3
Old Posted 07-27-2010, 10:09 PM  
Art Meiser
Default   #7  
As for resizing avatars for forums, I think it wont be so much of a problem after all the information around them disappears. So its a small possibility but more than likely they will stay the same time.
The Almighty Fen-God
[8:25:15 PM] Galla: o3o ty for amusing my peen obsession
Married to: Galla, Aurelia, Sei, Demonskid, Arrikanez and Ashy.
Batty is My Girlfriend!
Mizzy is my Family.
Belial is my Cookie Monster!

Mon-Mon is my rainbow popsicle!
Chi is my Famiry!

Old Posted 07-27-2010, 10:26 PM  
Closed Thread