Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Posty McPostsALot
Default How do you relax?   #1  

I was wondering what others do to relax and to self-care. I've been exploring different things to try to take care of myself recently as my mental health has been in serious decline over the years. Sometimes finding motivation to do anything is really difficult. Not going to lie. It's very hard for me to spend a day putting my care first. I've been trying to be kinder to myself.

I paint, illustrate, write and often go on photography outings. Sometimes I just splurge on a face mask and bath bomb, make tea, light a pretty smelling incense, and do nothing but a few chores around the house.

What do you do? Any tips for self-care/finding motivation? I've been thinking of getting into yoga or pilates. ^^

Old Posted 03-29-2017, 02:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
It's really hard for me to relax, but on my days off, I like to go on walks or bike rides (and the creation of Pokemon Go has helped to motivate me to get outside more).
Or in my free time, I like to read or work on one of my many loom knit or chainmaille projects. Of course those are only relaxing if I don't have a deadline.
And I also relax by just being lazy and lounging about the house with my cats.
Old Posted 03-29-2017, 02:39 PM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
Default   #3  
Unless I'm provoked by my family, I don't feel the stress very much. Hence, when I do get stressed I normally drown out my environment by watching a show, reading a book, or listening to something. I like swinging in the playground sometimes.

Old Posted 03-29-2017, 03:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Relax? What's that?

Lately I haven't had much opportunity to relax. I feel like I'm behind on everything. I squeeze in some games on my phone between other tasks when I can but I've only had a few hours total over the last 3-4 weeks to do stuff just for fun.

When I do have that time, I like playing video games (especially rhythm games), writing fun code, and hanging out with my family.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-29-2017, 03:49 PM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Default   #5  
Reading. Reading has always been extremely relaxing for me. I used to go on jogs, too. Just to kick back and relieve stress.

Now, I just either don't relax, lol, or, I listen to music alone in my room with all the lights off. =]
Mama bat to a beautiful baby bat <3
Old Posted 03-29-2017, 04:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
X rated stuff. Lol

Also; I like spending time with my kids, listening to music, talking to my online friends, looking up pictures of crocodilians and playing video games.
Shamus / 39 yo Irish Male / In an open marriage / 11 Blood suckers Children / 1 Grandson

My late wife's birthday was Valentine's Day. Please pardon me if I seem stressed, moody or out of it. I'm an emotional train wreck right now.

Old Posted 03-29-2017, 05:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #7  
I usually listen to music. Sometimes I play games or talk to my pets or friends.
Old Posted 04-09-2017, 05:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
When I'm stressed out, I like to listen to humor podcasts. They can be listened to while doing other tasks, and laughing is super relaxing to me.
Old Posted 04-14-2017, 02:06 PM Reply With Quote