Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Hakuna matata
Default Glasses   #1  
I just got them and I'm not really sure how often I'm supposed to wear them???

I got them because I'm starting to be come Near-Sighted (I believe that's when I can't see far).
My eye doctor told me the glasses won't affect my vision negatively or make me rely on them more.

But its just weird cause I'm literally not sure when I should wear them :L Like I get maybe when I drive or if I sat in the back of a classroom. Should I just wear them all the time?

After not having glasses for 21 years, this will definitely take some getting used to D:
Old Posted 03-25-2017, 09:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
I have glasses for seeing things at a distance. I use them when driving and watching tv/playing video games. If they are only for far away, I'd probably just use them for those kinds of activities, although it is nice when you first get them and get to see things like trees having individual leaves and such.
Shamus / 39 yo Irish Male / In an open marriage / 11 Blood suckers Children / 1 Grandson

My late wife's birthday was Valentine's Day. Please pardon me if I seem stressed, moody or out of it. I'm an emotional train wreck right now.

Old Posted 03-25-2017, 10:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #3  
Reading, driving, and maybe arting. Essentially visually intensive things.

...I sort of have to wear them all the time or feel around like I am blind.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 03-25-2017, 10:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Shamrock Yess! That's kind of why I want to wear them all the time. ;o; So I can see the details of things all the time. But its just a little weird for me to wear them all the time. So far I don't when I'm at home and do when I go out. I'll wear them at home if I'm going to be watching TV.

Lawtan How long have you had them for?
Old Posted 03-26-2017, 12:23 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #5  
Wear them as you feel you need to. I'm near sighted, have been since early high school and wearing glasses since. I'll take them off now and then since I find my eyes will get tired and my vision is still good enough that I can navigate around a room and still do most things without them, people and things are just a little blurry. The thing to keep in mind is that for something like driving, you usually need to pass an eye exam. If you can pass it without your glasses you won't have to wear them, or that's how it is in Canada. I tried the exam without my glasses and couldn't do it so I have the requirement on my licence.
Old Posted 03-26-2017, 01:27 AM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
I wear my glasses all the time, except when I go to sleep because I can't read a thing without them. If I took off my glasses now I wouldn't be able to see what I'm typing. I'm near-sighted.

Buut, I have a family member who is far-sighted and she only ever wears glasses to read.

Old Posted 03-26-2017, 02:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #7  
I would recommend wearing them as much as possible, especially at first, specifically SO you can get used to them. They'll give you fewer headaches once you've become accommodated to them.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-26-2017, 03:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
All of the time, if you are near sighted you should wear them for everything except reading and unclose work like with your computer.
Old Posted 03-26-2017, 08:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #9  
Thanks guys!
I definitely feel like I will start wearing them more. I more them the whole time at work today and I got used to it pretty quickly. My only issue is that they keep sliding off my face c_c
Old Posted 03-26-2017, 10:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
If they're falling off so easily, they probably need adjusted for a better fit, or maybe they need better nosepads.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-26-2017, 11:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #11  
Push your nose pads closer together and if the legs bend bend them over on your ears.
Old Posted 03-27-2017, 11:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
I wear mine most of the time that I'm awake, because usually, I'm on my computer most of the time that I'm awake. I'm just far-sighted enough to need glasses for close-work and the computer, but those are the only things I really need glasses for. I still wear 'em most of the time I'm awake, because that's just easier for me. I'd forget to wear 'em otherwise.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 03-28-2017, 05:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #13  
I'm near sited myself. I use my glasses all the time. I have to though because I don't fancy a fuzzy blurry world. I don't mind them though. Everyone in my family wears glasses actually. Don't think my cousins do though.
Old Posted 04-09-2017, 05:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
I only wear glasses when driving, because they help mostly with my depth perception (only 1 eye is off). I'd like to wear them all the time, but dealing with a new sight paradigm gets me nauseous...
Old Posted 04-24-2017, 02:22 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Default   #15  
I have glasses because I'm myopic. My power is really high, like -7 in one eye and -7.5 in the other. AND it grows worse every year.

I just hate it because most of the things I like to do are to do with my eyes. Reading, internet, watchable content.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 04-28-2017, 01:02 AM Reply With Quote  
C'mere
wear them when you need to see things that you can't see without them; that's what they're for :U

i have to wear mine all the time; i only take them off to sleep and shower, or if i'm reading a book or something that requires me to see really close-up, because for some reason they screw with my close-up vision. but since my "stuff i can still see clearly" range is EXTREMELY CLOSE TO MY BODY (like, less than a foot), p much need them all day every day just to function.
and i hate it.
i really, really, really, really hate it.
Old Posted 04-28-2017, 08:08 AM Reply With Quote