Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

More Magic
Default The next event?   #1  
Only 1 month ago did we bid the Halloween event goodbye as the lantern grants stopped.

Personally I didn't like the how difficult it was to attain the lanterns due to them being capable of being lost/broken, however, the event itself, even if slightly frustrating in the first few days for me was still fun and I liked the contests hosted by the staff/NPCs a lot :D.

Saying all this while it is true that the site is currently experiencing some difficulties as well as the Halloween event having ended only, somewhat, recently I can't help but wonder when the next event will be held, what the currency would be, what the event items would be like, the plot as well as the ways to earn the event currency and how hard this would be.

So, when do you think the next event will take place? What will it be about? How long will it last? How hard or easy should event currency be to obtain?

NB!

I understand that the next event might very well be months away seeing as the site is going trough a hard time right now and would like to clarify that I am not in any way asking that a new event be made ASAP for when the Winter Holidays come around or after they had passed and this post is not made to pressure the staff into making an event.

The thread is mostly just me wondering about when a new event might start and what it could be about as well as asking others what their own guesses would be regarding this. That is all.
Old Posted 12-15-2013, 12:15 PM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
(We actually planned the next one for end of Jan/start of Feb area. We're not encountering any difficulties so it should be out on time)

Old Posted 12-15-2013, 04:09 PM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
Default   #3  
That's wonderful to hear :D! I'm happy to see that everything is going well with your plans for the event, hopefully this means that the avatar system will be updated shortly as well as Trisphee made compatible (or more compatible) with all the browsers (or at least the big 3) soon :D.
Old Posted 12-15-2013, 04:15 PM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
:I I'm wondering if you guys would like me to explain the firefx issue in detail?

Old Posted 12-15-2013, 04:28 PM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
Default   #5  
I think it would help out a lot if you did. I personally use Chrome but a lot of people use FireFox and it would be nice to tell them what the issue with that browser is in more detail.

A complicated explanation is better than no explanation :3.
Old Posted 12-15-2013, 05:00 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Nex is right about our work on the next event being right on schedule. It's rather exciting. I just had the first peek at how the items for it are going, and I just about died.

It's unlikely we'll be doing currency the way we did for Nox this time around. We really don't look to make things annoyingly difficult for y'all, but sometimes we just have to try things and see how y'all like them!

Old Posted 12-15-2013, 05:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Lurker of Lurkiness
Default   #7  
And TRISPHEE LISTENS TO ITS USERS. If you don't like something, you should never be afraid to tell us how we can improve! (Just a "it sucks" will not help anyone x.x) We care about our users and want you all satisfied with your experience with us ^^ We are very much open to suggestions and comments.
As fabulous and pretty as they are, Ulti's avatars are always male~

Please use "he"/"him" or "they"/"them" pronouns when referring to me please <3

User since 9-22-10

I love it when people use my Sinopa emotes~ <3
~
Old Posted 12-15-2013, 06:20 PM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Coda says a bunch of fancy tech terms when he explains this, so I'ma explain it in the way I actually understand, which is what most people will understand.

Ok, so Firefox updated a while back and decided to change the browsers page load rate, which is how long it'll take to go from one page to another basically. When they did this it screwed with our wardrobes functions because it takes a few moments more than what Firefox is now giving. So when this happens it cause certain items, usually the back or hair items, to display improperly.

This is supposedly not actually an easy fix, and by the fact we have one Coder, cause Toho is pay as you go for everyone who didn't know that, we can't exactly have this fixed super fast. Plus we also have to pay said Coder still and it needs to be a fair rate, which we can't afford :I which we were hoping everyone kind of understood when we put out that site announ.....

Old Posted 12-15-2013, 07:52 PM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
Default   #9  
@Galla: That's wonderful to hear! Now I'm rather curious about the event items to be honest, I can't wait to see them when you guys and gals are satisfied with the coding, etc. for the event and launch it :D!

I'm also very happy to hear that you won't be making the currency obtainable in the same way as it was for Nox this year, but I can understand wanting to try out something new and trying to experiment :3.

I doubt anyone ever though you made the way to earn the currency for Nox annoying on purpose but, yeah, it was annoying to a certain degree and I'm happy you're listening to user feedback as much as you are :3.

@Ultima: It's wonderful to hear that! I must say one of the things that I like most about Trisphee is how open and honest the staff are with the users and how much everyone chats/talks with everyone :3.

It and the layering system and items are more or less the main reason why I still frequent Trisphee even if I normally don't find anyone to talk to >.>.

@Nexess: Thank you very much for posting this explanation :). I didn't really read anything as to why there were issues with FireFox and other browsers in the last announcement I've read but, then again, I don't know anything about coding so there might have been something there that I merely didn't understand ^^;.

I knew that Trisphee can't really afford any new coders or artists (I am not 100% certain about the latter) right now which is why the number of poses for DIs will be cut back a bit as well as there no longer being an Aurum DI. I really hope the site will be doing better financially soon and hopefully there will be some new users coming in sooner rather than later seeing as you guys/gals have planned to make more events in 2014 :3.
Last edited by Areishia; 12-16-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old Posted 12-16-2013, 05:37 AM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Taiki is our primary Pixelist now, we do have one who is in training, very nice lady, hopefully you guys will see things from her soon :]

I actually thought we did explain this when it first appeared but it was probably buried under all the other things in the error report.

Old Posted 12-17-2013, 03:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Lurker of Lurkiness
Default   #11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexess View Post
Taiki is our primary Pixelist now, we do have one who is in training, very nice lady, hopefully you guys will see things from her soon :]
Star Seeker?? =D
"Lady"? lol ... It's weird hearing my younger sister referred to as a "lady" hehehe

User since 9-22-10

~
Old Posted 12-17-2013, 01:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Wait a minute....Star is your younger Sister? Huh...never would have guessed.
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 12-17-2013, 03:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #13  
The only reason I'm annoyed with the firefox thing is that I never had problems with the layering until VERY recently...like after the announcement was made (which didn't really say anything specifically from what I could tell other than the website doesn't work perfectly with firefox)

Now back to the event....I hope it's awesome :D -really helpful and indepth-
Old Posted 12-17-2013, 03:48 PM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Next event should go smoothly, we've actually just had some new writers come on board, which will help with the organization and what not of the next event

Old Posted 12-17-2013, 07:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Lurker of Lurkiness
Default   #15  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
Wait a minute....Star is your younger Sister? Huh...never would have guessed.
Yes! =D We're not very alike, but we love each other lots and get along awesome ^w^ <3

I introduced her, Sugar (our youngest sibling), and Desmond (my ex and best friend) to the site. But they're not on NEARLY as much as I am >w<

User since 9-22-10

~
Old Posted 12-17-2013, 09:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
That's all that matters though Ulti!

I can't say I introduced anyone to the site really...well, not that's joined at least. Plenty of people who said the site looked interesting and pretty though.
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 12-18-2013, 12:36 AM Reply With Quote