Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Dazed
Default Back from the Dead...space   #1  
Wanted to start this thread because I had made my account for Trisphee--quite a while ago--although given my elusiveness towards social media or things in relation to, I hadn't made many attempts to spend much time on Trisphee and a few others as well.
I was originally brought to Trisphee, through a friend who knows me in person. They had explained to me that there was quite friendly community as well as a good amount of people those who are interesting in literary writings, both real as well as fictitious.

In any case, I'd am curious to find out who on Trisphee engages in writing, for whichever form you've* chosen.

So I'd ask you

What Do you write about?
Do you have a favorite style of writing?
Favorite Genre?

Do you write on whatever inspires you?
Do you stick to a similar or different concepts in each writing? writings?
- Zexx
Old Posted 04-29-2017, 02:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
This thread belongs in either Central Square or Art & Writing. One of us mods can poke it over to the right place if you say which you'd prefer.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-29-2017, 02:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
This thread belongs in either Central Square or Art & Writing. One of us mods can poke it over to the right place if you say which you'd prefer.
Ahh, My mistake. I am still trying to orient myself with the site, so, thank you for letting me know.

If you could put this in Central Square please, I would appreciate it.
- Zexx
Last edited by Zexx; 04-29-2017 at 02:43 AM. Reason: I felt the need to include a comment, thanking the developer for assisting.
Old Posted 04-29-2017, 02:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Hi, welcome back. Not sure if we ever met before, but probably not since I'm a recluse on the forums.

I am also a writer, though. I'm currently writing a dark/military fantasy novel with a focus on accurately depicting historical European arms, armor, and fighting styles, as well as taking a stab at the "adventurous" nature of battle typically found in the genre by ramping up the violence to hopefully appalling levels of brutality.

Style-wise, I gravitate toward toward very close 3rd person, using the narrative itself to inform the reader about the focal character's personality and modes of thinking via focus on (and elision of) specific details.

I also occasionally write poems when they strike me, which invariably end up as abysses of wallowing nihilism. You can find them in the writer's sub-forum, but I don't really recommend anyone read them. They are miserable.

Ideas and concepts I keep coming back to include: the traumatic impact of both being victimized by and perpetrating violence; the nature of the self/consciousness/identity; characters being forced to confront the meaninglessness of their existence; general suffering and depression; societies and relationships decaying and succumbing to the onslaught of time; grief and the lurid depths it can delve; suicide, and creating scenarios where it is the preferable alternative to living.

...I am a very optimistic person, as you can probably tell.

Unfortunately, I don't manage to read much anymore, I used to enjoy deconstructive fantasy, but in recent years I'm far more interested in reading transhuman philosophy and speculative fiction. I also have a sizeable bookshelf of various occult texts and apocryphal religious mythology, most of which I've read to one degree or another. I have the first 500 or so lines of Paradise Lost memorized.

Edit: Moved the thread for you.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 04-29-2017, 02:53 AM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Default   #5  
Oh wow huh
Who would have thought that the mighty and elusive Lord ZEXX would ever come back XD
But in all reality Welcome back and maybe this time you can actually get your own writings posted up =P

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 04-29-2017, 12:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
...I am not a professional writer, but I do love to write poems and create worlds/storylines. I don't really have a style (sorry)...I spend more time making characters...

Favorite genres: Speculative Fiction, Science fiction, Romantic Fantasy, Supernatural Mystery, Historical Fiction, Folklore Collections, Horror.

I write based on characters, mythology, and events that inspire me. Though, it's sort of eclectic...and I sort of have little confidence in it...and I'm a little scatterbrained...

My concepts sort of stick around fiction tropes. Which I am trying to bend more towards nonfiction, as I want to write things that could be possible - not probable...
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Last edited by Lawtan; 04-29-2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old Posted 04-29-2017, 02:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzerain of Sheol View Post
Hi, welcome back. Not sure if we ever met before, but probably not since I'm a recluse on the forums.

I am also a writer, though. I'm currently writing a dark/military fantasy novel with a focus on accurately depicting historical European arms, armor, and fighting styles, as well as taking a stab at the "adventurous" nature of battle typically found in the genre by ramping up the violence to hopefully appalling levels of brutality.

Style-wise, I gravitate toward toward very close 3rd person, using the narrative itself to inform the reader about the focal character's personality and modes of thinking via focus on (and elision of) specific details.

I also occasionally write poems when they strike me, which invariably end up as abysses of wallowing nihilism. You can find them in the writer's sub-forum, but I don't really recommend anyone read them. They are miserable.

Ideas and concepts I keep coming back to include: the traumatic impact of both being victimized by and perpetrating violence; the nature of the self/consciousness/identity; characters being forced to confront the meaninglessness of their existence; general suffering and depression; societies and relationships decaying and succumbing to the onslaught of time; grief and the lurid depths it can delve; suicide, and creating scenarios where it is the preferable alternative to living.

...I am a very optimistic person, as you can probably tell.

Unfortunately, I don't manage to read much anymore, I used to enjoy deconstructive fantasy, but in recent years I'm far more interested in reading transhuman philosophy and speculative fiction. I also have a sizeable bookshelf of various occult texts and apocryphal religious mythology, most of which I've read to one degree or another. I have the first 500 or so lines of Paradise Lost memorized.

Edit: Moved the thread for you.

Many thanks on the welcome back;

After reading your post, I must admit my first impression was a "wow, what a fascinating character" and in saying so, I must admit that I'm impressed. It sounds like you've allowed for some rather serious topics to be present in your writing--as I myself, often enjoy as well--and in that, I do carry an interest.

If you are willing to share some of your writings, or a willing to direct me to some, I would be more than happy to share some of mine in return. I can also appreciate that most writings, like poetry are often more spur of the moment or by inspiration. I will often keep sticky notes available in all rooms of my house, just in case I happen to have a thought that I would want to write down, or possibly use for a later writing(s).

Most of my writings are a mix styles, though I also tend to lean towards the violent and brutality as well. Though often in the contexts of depiction rather than a purposeful use of terms to 'gross out' or poke a metaphorical stick at people who are squeamish, Hahaha!

In any case, I look forward to posting some writings-most likely I will post older ones from things like Facebook first, until I run out--and have feedback. I would genuinely appreciate it.

(A short reply since It's a ..few days late)
- Zexx
Old Posted 05-04-2017, 11:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
ZEXXY!!!!!!!! DK requires food o3o feed the dk!

also dk does write.. when she feels like it >w> i need to update my Flight Rising lore =w=

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 05-04-2017, 11:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawtan View Post
...I am not a professional writer, but I do love to write poems and create worlds/storylines. I don't really have a style (sorry)...I spend more time making characters...

Favorite genres: Speculative Fiction, Science fiction, Romantic Fantasy, Supernatural Mystery, Historical Fiction, Folklore Collections, Horror.

I write based on characters, mythology, and events that inspire me. Though, it's sort of eclectic...and I sort of have little confidence in it...and I'm a little scatterbrained...

My concepts sort of stick around fiction tropes. Which I am trying to bend more towards nonfiction, as I want to write things that could be possible - not probable...

Not to worry about having writing as a profession, friend. Neither am I.
I believe that some of the best writings are the type that how a RAW-ness to the writing, or the writer. the only challenges that I agree faces all writings, is knowing the right words to get the message across.. for detail, depiction, tone. etc. All in good practice!

I can appreciate the 'scatterbrain' bit too, hahaha. an example for me is even in real life conversations, I often catch myself a few sentences ahead of myself when I speak. and have to correct myself or 'go back' to catch whomever I'm speaking to back on track..It's usually a humorous situation, but it's tedious at times. (suppose I'm apologizing in advance ahhaha)

May I ask if you are someone who does Role-play characters (Fantasy type or Real life based)?
- Zexx
Old Posted 05-04-2017, 11:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparX View Post
Oh wow huh
Who would have thought that the mighty and elusive Lord ZEXX would ever come back XD
But in all reality Welcome back and maybe this time you can actually get your own writings posted up =P
Time'll tell... I just 'gotta be more active first... hahaha!
- Zexx
Old Posted 05-04-2017, 11:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonskid View Post
ZEXXY!!!!!!!! DK requires food o3o feed the dk!

also dk does write.. when she feels like it >w> i need to update my Flight Rising lore =w=

*Facepalm*

MOchi! -proceeds to HA-DUKEN the mochi over DK's direction-

Sounds lovely Dk, I'd hope to have an opportunity to read some :)
- Zexx
Old Posted 05-04-2017, 11:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
-waggles finger at zexx- =p

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 05-04-2017, 11:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexx View Post
Many thanks on the welcome back;

After reading your post, I must admit my first impression was a "wow, what a fascinating character" and in saying so, I must admit that I'm impressed. It sounds like you've allowed for some rather serious topics to be present in your writing--as I myself, often enjoy as well--and in that, I do carry an interest.

If you are willing to share some of your writings, or a willing to direct me to some, I would be more than happy to share some of mine in return. I can also appreciate that most writings, like poetry are often more spur of the moment or by inspiration. I will often keep sticky notes available in all rooms of my house, just in case I happen to have a thought that I would want to write down, or possibly use for a later writing(s).

Most of my writings are a mix styles, though I also tend to lean towards the violent and brutality as well. Though often in the contexts of depiction rather than a purposeful use of terms to 'gross out' or poke a metaphorical stick at people who are squeamish, Hahaha!

In any case, I look forward to posting some writings-most likely I will post older ones from things like Facebook first, until I run out--and have feedback. I would genuinely appreciate it.

(A short reply since It's a ..few days late)
Well, I mean, I don't really like to advertise my terrible corner of Trisphee, but pretty much anything from this post down in my (very poorly organized) poetry thread is material I haven't started retroactively hating yet. It's fairly miserable and repetitive stuff, though, and I don't post my more substantial projects out of the delusional worry of someday attempting to publish them, should I somehow finish them to my satisfaction.

I'll take a look at anything you put up, though, for sure.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 05-04-2017, 02:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Quote:

Not to worry about having writing as a profession, friend. Neither am I.
I believe that some of the best writings are the type that how a RAW-ness to the writing, or the writer. the only challenges that I agree faces all writings, is knowing the right words to get the message across.. for detail, depiction, tone. etc. All in good practice!

I can appreciate the 'scatterbrain' bit too, hahaha. an example for me is even in real life conversations, I often catch myself a few sentences ahead of myself when I speak. and have to correct myself or 'go back' to catch whomever I'm speaking to back on track..It's usually a humorous situation, but it's tedious at times. (suppose I'm apologizing in advance ahhaha)

May I ask if you are someone who does Role-play characters (Fantasy type or Real life based)?

Oh! Umm, I sort of worry about roleplaying. I enjoy it when there is conversation - I can learn from mistakes, clarify questions, and then construct the next chapter from a character's perspective.

However, I haven't had/made the best experience...often because I either misunderstood a crucial point, or because interest petered out. So, most of my effort is put into making characters and doing research/studies. I haven't tried to Roleplay in a few years.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 05-04-2017, 02:24 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #15  
hiya zexx

hey suze also

Quote:
What Do you write about?
i write very character-centric things, probably because 99% of what i write is related to roleplays in some fashion. still, roleplay or not, a good scene is a good scene.

Quote:
i like strong, opinionated narratives that use details to expand the specific POV more than the world as a whole. i enjoy unreliable narrators. i'm not a big fan of pointless detail unless the character in question is in a position/mindset to take in such things as well. so, i suppose, i like writing that gets to the point and keeps you in the moment.

Quote:
Favorite Genre?
whatever you call that stuff that suze writes. also, do bad fanfics count as a genre? i have an illness that requires i read bad writing on a regular basis and share the best/worst parts with anyone that will listen. my only joy in life is sharing these horrible, horrible things.

Quote:
yes? iunno. i'm inspired by extreme emotional moments, but i personally don't feel things all that strongly? take that as you will.

i'm also a big fan of writing dialogue. i do a lot of direct character interactions.

Quote:
sort of. i'm drawn to writing mental breakdowns, suicide attempts, making idiot choices because you're an idiot, and the spiraling thoughts that build up towards extreme actions. i'm also a big fan of waxing poetic about characters i'm playing against. in the romantic way and otherwise.

Old Posted 05-04-2017, 04:00 PM Reply With Quote  
기다려
Hello Zexx welcome back!

Quote:

What Do you write about?
Favorite Genre?

I write character-driven stuff, often ending my character's stories in some grandiose doom or uneasy ambiguity. I like first person, present tense. It feels immediate, personal, and hard-hitting when I read it, and immersive when I write it. I'm a fan of aesthetically pleasing writing, and I don't mean flowery, clunky and inelegant, I mean sparse and beautiful. I'm inspired by and write broadly within the postmodernist tradition, so there's oodles of angst, subversion, experimenting with 'reality', all that good stuff :P

When it comes to reading, I'm interested in everything except sci-fi and historical. My favorite to read is probably 'realistic', 'young adult' fiction, but very specific authors, like Cat Clarke.

I rarely plot out a story. I'm usually inspired to write by a moment, when there's a flash of a turn of phrase, and I feel I can't come up with a better way of wording that moment.

I think I have a different concept in every project, each quite different in terms of genre and even writing style. One story inspired by the fairy tale of the Snow Queen, another about love between an old, tired woman and a young, jaded boy and set in India, another inspired by the story of Surya and Saranyu, another about (if I have to put it in very reductive terms) caste, another about parallel universes which was inspired by the mangaka group CLAMP's works. (I really suck at describing what I write about. I'm reading this over and balking.)

I also love roleplaying. It's to drain away some stress though, so I don't focus much on quality of writing, or style, or challenging myself, as on going easy on myself and having fun.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 05-05-2017, 12:40 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
backfromthedead, revive, trisphee