Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Snap!
Default   #17  
My 3 hostas have been doing much better. They've all been potted for the past couple of weeks now and have perked up. Walmart has big Peace Lillies for $15. I'd love to get one but currently I have nowhere to put it.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 03-27-2017, 07:22 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I suggestion for all: if you want to grow mint, keep is segregated from all things. I just had to rip apart my entire pot to get the mint plant out, as the entirety of it was run through with a lattice work of roots. I changed the soil over because there wasn't a bit left that wasn't root laden. It took more effort than I thought and I'm hoping my remaining plants survive the trauma. I'm sure the mint will be fine.
Old Posted 04-16-2017, 02:31 AM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Default   #19  
Unfortunately I planted my mint near my oregeno, garlic chives and fennel in a large 1.5' diameter pot last year .-.
It is such a hassle I want to spray it with something to kill it XD
Specifically I picked up Kentucky Colonel Spearmint?
I had my friend zexx rototill my flowerbed since my mom took her roses out. I need to plant my annual tea rose, and then were going to use the rest of the flowerbed for veggies this year while I plan my future flowerbed!

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 04-16-2017, 10:10 AM Reply With Quote  
-
I have been wanting to plant things, but we live in an apartment with only a balcony. And it gets windy outside a lot (which kills the plants) and we can't bring the plants inside because of the fungus gnats that live in the soil. Our bug traps were just covered in them. And then they found their way into our bathroom and would hang around our shower, toilet, and bathroom sink. It was just really gross.
.___.
Buying: NATM
Questing: Event Items 13/19
Miniature Fairy Wings, Immortal Worlds, Eye Sore Current Funds:0 Au.
Updated: 12/16/16 08:55 PM
Old Posted 04-16-2017, 12:39 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #21  
I think I traumatized my carrot rose (called such because I stuck a cutting into a carrot chunk, not having any handy potatoes.) It got warmer and sunny so I put it outside with the established roses that were growing new leaves, but I think the nights were too cold for it. I've brought it back inside but the leaves are dried and pale looking. Going to try and start another cutting but I hope this guy makes it.
Old Posted 04-17-2017, 05:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
I need to work on some of the garden. (Have a sort of "steppe pyramid" design to work on.

...a bit like this:
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 04-17-2017, 08:03 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #23  
That's a neat looking idea, Lawtan. I know people will use old wood palettes as bases for gardens. Might work for a floor provided the wood doesn't rot too badly.

My rose appears to be a little greener looking around the leaf edges, but maybe that's wishful thinking.
Old Posted 04-17-2017, 08:48 PM Reply With Quote  
writing machine in bad repair
I've really wanted to get into gardening for a while now, so I'm going to be using this thread for inspiration/tips. xD

Herbs and vegetables sound like the most productive use of gardening, but I've especially wanted to plant some flowers for bees and butterflies.

Old Posted 04-18-2017, 11:57 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #25  
Despite my annoyance with it, I love having my English mint plant. I go out and pull off a few leaves to crush and steep with my tea in the mornings.

I picked the English Mint because I wanted a tall plant for my pot and because I preferred the smell to the other varieties at the nursery. I have a friend who grows herbs and veggies from food scraps and it's going well. I'm hoping to swap some of my mint for some of her parsley.
Old Posted 04-18-2017, 02:58 PM Reply With Quote