Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Dazed
Default when will the pain go away? or at least be easier to handle.   #1  
i don't know if this is the right forum for it but..

i was listening to songs and one came on that got me thinking about my aunt dorothy..there are no words to describe this amazing woman except she was one in a million. she lost her battle with cancer 6 years ago.I miss her so much and i didn't get to say good bye to her..i miss her and the pain of her passing still stings like it happened only yesterday..i just wish it wouldn't hurt so much..its been 6 years i thought i would get easier but it hasn't...people keep telling me "she wouldn't want you to be so sad" but they didn't know her like i did..she was like a mother to me...have you ever lost someone that meant the world to you?
Old Posted 08-21-2013, 08:07 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
yes, and i've only hurt about it half as long as you so i am not sure i can give you any sound advice. to think about it is as painful as it was that day and my heart has not even begun to scab over
Old Posted 08-21-2013, 11:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff
Default   #3  
I feel your pain there dear. My grandmother lost her battle with cancer 5 years ago and it still hurts like it was yesterday. She was a big person in my life and my best friend. I loved her so much and I didnt get a chance to say goodbye either as she died in her chair at home while sitting with my grandfather. She like you said was one in a million and nothing would replace her ever.

Though the way I see things is that the pain and heartache you feel or the constant thought of her is just her with you everyday. I am a very strong believer in the after life and spirits and all of that. I know my grandmother is beside me when I have problems or if im going through a hard time because I can feel her watching over me. You will be sad for as long as you need to be but I can tell you this its just a way for you to remember the amazing women she was.

It is true that she wouldnt want you to be sad but at the same time emotions like that keep us bound to what is important to us in life. Even if that important person is no longer living that does not mean that they are not there with you day in and day out. Little things will remind you of your auntie just as they do for my grandmother but the only thing to do is to keep her in your heart and realize that she is no longer suffering. Yes she is gone but will forever remain by your side. Keep your head up and continue to think of the great person your auntie was even if that makes you sad because those emotions tell you your still living...even if it hurts.
~*~*~*~*~*~ ♥...If you will have me we shall be...♥~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~♥ ...Together forever and a day...♥ ~*~*~*~*~*~
Old Posted 08-21-2013, 11:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
thanks littl3chocobo and pink patnzer..and im sorry for your losses as well. I know time is supposed to heal and trust me i do go on with my life..just have days where the pain is too much to bare and i just break down and cry, wishing i could hug her one more time..tell her goodbye properly..i think thats what gets me most is i didn't get to say goodbye.
Old Posted 08-21-2013, 02:03 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #5  
i got to say goodbye, it wasn't enough dear. you'd want to say goodbye one more time one more time
Old Posted 08-21-2013, 02:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
its never to late to say goodbye, go by her grave and have a chat to her, its a perfectly normal thing to do :) she'll be happy to know how much you care.
Old Posted 08-29-2013, 10:12 PM Reply With Quote