Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

A*DIC*TED
Default   #513  
I don't really see the fun in maxing out your level through a cheat. Doesn't that sort of take all the fun out of the game?
Since I have the PC version i don't have to do tedious glitch levelling, i can simply use the console commands. I've tried them out(like maxing my character so big you can only see one foot on the screen) but I ended up deleting the character because it got boring fast.
Old Posted 01-08-2012, 03:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
I can't wrap my head around opening console commands for PC stuff. I need someone to sit there and do it for me. >____<

And the fun is the fact you're cheating. Plus I really hate level grinding. You should meet my step-dad. He's a bigger cheater than I am :p
Old Posted 01-08-2012, 04:29 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #515  
I don't see there being any need to get to level 81 though. I completed the whole story and all the main quest lines before I even hit 30. While cheating is fun, in the long run i think it takes a lot out of big games like Skyrim. The whole point of it is leveling and improving through adventure.
Old Posted 01-08-2012, 04:40 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Level 81 character is not fun???
IT IS VERY FUN! Just try fighting an Elder or Ancient dragon at that level with max difficulty.

And trying to make a super strong enchantments and poisons.. And..

Well long story short, it's all the fun you were hoping for when you began the game.

Old Posted 01-08-2012, 07:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Of The Duck Brigade
Default   #517  
From what I've heard level 81 isn't even a possible level without cheating, though i may be wrong. And don't the enemies scale with you to a degree, so fighting the same enemy of max difficulty would be equally fun or hard at a lower level?
Old Posted 01-08-2012, 08:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
The whole point of playing the game will depend on the player. Fortunately Skyrim isn't like MMOs where if I venture outside zones of my level I die. I've done this A LOT. But then again there was Fallout where it gets rather stale. So far Skyrim keeps exploring rather exciting with quests pertaining to each area and for a good while the dragons are surprising confrontations.

Besides exploring I like feeling like a total badass. Plus being a mage I'm eager to gain more advanced spells the game is hiding from me >w> Maybe the excitement is all hype but it's a motivator. There's all sorts of builds I can do later after the bajillion quests too. I have 3 characters i'm switching around through: theif, two-handed warrior, and mage. ^_^
Old Posted 01-08-2012, 08:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
Default   #519  
Has anyone else run across the ghost of the headless horseman? I followed him for a while, but then I saw a dragon, fought it, and lost sight of him.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 01-08-2012, 08:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
o.o Really?
I was a headless horseman once though xD
A glitch where my morekei mask became see through. I wish I knew how to take screen shots on the 360 lol
Old Posted 01-08-2012, 08:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #521  
Yeah, I usually see him up by the Thalmor place up near Solitude in the late night/early morning hours. I followed him up until just past Rorikstead where one of the dragon burial sites is, and that's when Alduin showed up and raised a dragon for me to fight.

Reyo has an art thread!
Old Posted 01-08-2012, 08:37 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
The headless horseman has no real purpose, from what I've read. He's just there to intrigue people and make them think he may be something important/interesting.
Old Posted 01-08-2012, 09:34 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #523  
No doubt the Skyrim programmers having fun again. ;)
Old Posted 01-10-2012, 05:56 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Quackers McWaddleton View Post
From what I've heard level 81 isn't even a possible level without cheating, though i may be wrong. And don't the enemies scale with you to a degree, so fighting the same enemy of max difficulty would be equally fun or hard at a lower level?
Not really. Tougher monsters and tougher dragons show up as you progress but generally speaking most monsters stay as they are. Personally I like that about the elder scrolls games. Fun to be able to mop the floor with an ebemy that used to be deadly to a character. :D

Stuff generally won't go out of it's way to kill you in most Elder Scrolls games, but it's not terribly forgiving if you decide to be dumb and attack that giant at level 2.

There is debate about whether or not the result of giant clubbings is a glitch or not. ;)
Old Posted 01-10-2012, 05:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #525  
XD I stupidly attacked a Giant at level 2! Then I started spazzing out whenever I saw them and ran away.

Reyo has an art thread!
Old Posted 01-10-2012, 11:18 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I remember I sat on my horse and waited for a giant to move off the path so I could keep going. I was heading to Riverwood from Whiterun and the giant was a little too close to the pathway by the river and the other side was too mountainous to get anywhere. Didn't know at the time that horses can swim. ;). I'd have gone around but there was another giant off to the right. -.-

Did get around him eventually though, and yes, I do know about fast travel, I just would rather run around myself. :)
Old Posted 01-11-2012, 12:31 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #527  
If enemies don't scale, and i can easily kill everything at level 35, surely there is next to no challenge at level 81? o.O admittedly i have pretty good armour and weapons for my level, but still..
Old Posted 01-11-2012, 12:50 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Not everyone cares about that sort of challenge. I'm often the type that likes to over power my character so that I have an easy time in the battles. I care more about the exploration part then how tough one guy is to beat.
Old Posted 01-11-2012, 04:19 AM Reply With Quote