Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Default   #17  
xD I seem to fail whenever I'm not flanking... 1d6 from my rapier as oppsed to getting 2d6 added from sneak attack... I'm like worthless without it. But does a Cleric need to say his spells? He can always take silent spell xD

Mystic Menagerie (Temp Art) | The Alchemist's Den | The Alchemist's Desire | IRL Commissions

♔ Trisphee's one and only Vampire Prince ♔
Currently working on "Dream World Is Mine" art.
Let me catch you in my Dark Void...

Old Posted 02-08-2011, 01:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws

so to beat a cleric duck tape his/her mouth and steal the weapon got it o.o; lol

Old Posted 02-08-2011, 01:39 PM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Default   #19  
Rose - That won't necessarily beat a cleric... xD

Edit - The cleric in my party is wearing full-plate armor at the moment, so take away his sword, and his AC is still high enough that you probably won't get an attack on him (it's 29 when he does total defense).

Mystic Menagerie (Temp Art) | The Alchemist's Den | The Alchemist's Desire | IRL Commissions

Old Posted 02-08-2011, 01:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws

ok so duck tape, take the weapon and stick him in water and accidentally drop a toaster? >.>

Old Posted 02-08-2011, 01:59 PM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Default   #21  
xDDD Well you can take his weapon, and he still can fight... I'd rather not be throwing a cleric in melee anyway, but if he has heavy armor, he can handle it... You aren't likely going to find a toaster though. lol

If he can't say his spells, then he can't do them, unless he has silenced spell... But... tie up his hands, and he might not be able to do anything either.

Old Posted 02-08-2011, 02:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws

see theres ways and im sure that there are frying pans those are considered weapons now x'D

i know all the rules for D&D and game like it so im mainly just joking with the toaster thing i played a fallen (i was something weird im not sure what they did to my character in truth i started off as a elf o.O; ) cleric back in the day >.> i had to do rolls if i chose to heal my party or not lol...

Old Posted 02-08-2011, 02:07 PM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Default   #23  
Improvised weapons... xD
But that's not likely going to do much to... anyone that's has a class other than 'commoner'.

xD I figured you were joking about th toaster... xD But it's still almost the same, he has to roll to heal the party. *nod nod*

Were you playing 3.0 or 3.5? I used to play 3.5 until 4.0 came out, and then I switched to Pathfinder RPG (which is very similar to playing D&D 3.5)

Old Posted 02-08-2011, 02:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws

i haven't played in .. over 7 or 8 years i think lol probably longer then that i was still taking Kempo up when i played card games and d&D ^.^; not even sure what we were playing under version wise o.o;i mean the GM's mom was the owner of the card shop so we had access to any books we'd ever need for the game

Old Posted 02-08-2011, 02:19 PM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Default   #25  
I think the first time I played was about 7 years ago as well. I THINK we were playing 3.0 at that point. I had a druid back then.

Old Posted 02-08-2011, 02:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws

i just had the one cleric i was the lowest level of the group coming in late ._.; lol i didnt get to play much so i didnt even get to a high level plus the card shop moved so Dx after that there was no way to walk to it

Old Posted 02-08-2011, 02:54 PM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Default   #27  
Oh, I see. We bought the books that we needed, so we don't go to hobby shops to buy often (we are also on Paizo's mailing list so we get new Pathfinder stuff a lot).

Well... We do go to one game shop every Thursday, but it's to play Pathfinder, not to buy more books xD

Old Posted 02-08-2011, 02:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws

oh well we had books we owned.. it was more of the fact it moved from the location and there was no way for me to get to it im sure they went on with the game

Old Posted 02-08-2011, 03:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
Default   #29  
Yeah, see, in Bel, there are no real classes....I mean, you are SUPPOSED to stick with a weapon style, like, I'm an archer, and so I mostly use bows and one handed weapons, and would normally wear lether. BUT, also, you are NOT allowed to catch arrows, as it's considered kinda cheap since they're forced to move so slow(like Coda said, foam padding, at least 2 inches thick, 2.5 inch diameter, and no more than 35 pund draw, at 28")
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 02-08-2011, 03:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws

well weapon types work.. i know most of the times in my stories or in rps i dont label things as classes more of oh your use a ax oks

i guess itd be cheap.. not sure if id still have a easy time catching them still xD

it's a fen : o

Old Posted 02-08-2011, 03:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
Default   #31  
I can't do them XD

@ Rose - Well, then, Bel would work well for ya~ Dagorhir and Amtguard are good games, too, but I prefer BEl~ I actually happen to be proficient at all weapon types x3
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 02-08-2011, 03:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
In Amtgard, if you're not a monk and you try to catch an arrow it's considered a hit to that arm. Blocking an arrow with a weapon blade is considered to break the weapon. (There's some inconsistency on whether or not blocking with the hand guard on a weapon is considered safe.) Blocking and catching arrows is a class feature, as is the right to block an arrow with a shield (any shield can do it but not everyone can use a shield). It's also considered VERY bad form to catch the arrow by its shaft or to deflect it by striking it out of the way, because that breaks arrows, and you'll probably get chased off the field by the archers if you do it. It really pisses people off. >.>

You can play multiple classes but you only get experience for one class per week. By the time I graduated from college and had to move away I was a level 3 wizard, a level 2 monk (or was I 3 there too?), and a level 2 warrior (because if you forget your gear and have to borrow some, you're forced to play warrior, and mid-week practice sessions are worth a quarter credit for warrior).
Old Posted 02-08-2011, 03:37 PM Reply With Quote