Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Dazed
Red face Moving Onto a New Relationship   #1  
It's not easy for me, especially since my last relationship was emotionally and mentally abusive. I was with my former boyfriend for about 3 years and it was hard. I thought he wanted to be with me for me, but it turns out, he was a power-mongering bastard. I was dumb and he made me feel that I couldn't be with anyone else. The sad part was that I believed everything he said. Whether it was one day, saying he loves me, then the next, he didn't want me. This continued to a point where he kicked me out and I was sexually assaulted. I became broken and damaged for a long time until one day I finally woke up. I grew tired of him throwing me away then begging me to come back. I had enough and left him for good. He continued to harp after me, begging me to go back to him, but persisted most of the problems in our relationship were my fault. He even told me he slept with another woman to get my attention. I just laughed. I began dating again, accordingly and avoiding any more drama. The guys I met treated me so much better and it was scary at first, but also a relief. I knew I could find someone right for me.

New year's day 2014, I met someone who simply asked me out on a motorcycle ride. No sex, no movies, no typical out on the down date. He took me up to Oak Glen in the morning and it made me extremely happy. I have been dating this wonderful man, a year older than me, for 3 months now.

The only problems I'm having are mostly minimal. He's having exes or girls he had dated flake out on him, but then suddenly want to bang him now that he is with me. It's annoying but he's reassured me he's not interested and loves me too much to hurt me. However, because of the idiot I had dated before, there's doubt and fear in the back of my head. I fear he doesn't love me the way he says he does, however, he has shown me otherwise. I spend however much time I can with him, and he's slowly been killing my doubt. Though, I'm still wary and careful, I enjoy every second I'm with him.

So there's hope, for people who have been in bad and rough relationships, that there is love. Real love. Something you can hold near and dear and appreciate.
Old Posted 03-07-2014, 06:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
I don't think we've talked before, but I'm so happy you've found someone who is good to you. Never leave yourself alone with your thoughts; they go haywire because of trust issues. The past is gone. Unwrap the present because today is a gift. Not every man is the same. Just trust that everything will turn out fine, and that no matter what happens, it's meant to be that way. From what you've said it sounds like you've found a pretty good guy. Just be careful on that motorcycle of his! :P
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 03-07-2014, 06:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #3  
Hi! No we haven't met before! I'm glad to see so many new friendly faces. It's different for a change hehe. But you've nailed it haha. It's just unnerving sometimes. Thinking can be an evil thing! :c He is good to me and I don't want to do anything or say anything to change that. And I am careful. It's a rush @w@

Om nom nom nom!!

Saving up for the Tea Time set :3
Old Posted 03-07-2014, 06:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
First of all, from what you are saying this new guy sounds awesome!

That said, I'm a believer of following your gut. Mainly because your head thinks to much, and your heart doesn't think enough! It seems like you really want to give this guy an honest chance ~ Do it!

Also I love your user name. <3 (Star's are my favorite shape!)
I've been in the hospital for a month!
Pneumonia. Complications and chest tubes.
Trading Hot Jackie

Old Posted 03-09-2014, 02:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #5  
He is and I'm so happy I'm with him! I try to follow my woman's intuition and not my emotions ._. I hate doubting something that isn't true, especially since my last boyfriend was so cruel to me to the point I get super paranoid and doubtful. It sucks. But thank you for your response n-n *hug*

Om nom nom nom!!

Saving up for the Tea Time set :3
Old Posted 03-14-2014, 06:14 PM Reply With Quote