Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Confused
Default Using a Wacom Bamboo   #1  
Okay so I purchased a fairly inexpencive Bamboo tablet, around 80 dollars, for 50 pounds depending on where you're from.
Now, I got it in the post and OMG it took ages just to get used to navigation, I can barely draw with it!
The images are scribbled unless I use a small brush on a very large canvas and then scale the image down when I'm finished.

How long did it take you to get used to a tablet?
Last edited by Odium; 09-05-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old Posted 09-05-2012, 08:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff
I have had mine since last christmas and a bamboo one as well and I still cant draw well with it so dont worrie lol
~*~*~*~*~*~ ♥...If you will have me we shall be...♥~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~♥ ...Together forever and a day...♥ ~*~*~*~*~*~
Old Posted 09-05-2012, 10:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Confused
Default   #3  
I really want to believe I didn't waste money on this thing, I was more competant with a mouse, I just wanted to try and make life easier! xD
I don't understand how some artists do it really.
Old Posted 09-05-2012, 11:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Dinos go RAWR!!!
Lot of practice.

I recently got one too, and am working on getting used to it as well.

Sign My Siggy!!!...I Dare You!...PS...Luffles to all who do!!!

le sign ;3-signs more ;P
-signs- Love, Ulti♥ owo~
-this is my signature- <3 Lacry
Lucid was here.
No.
Yes.
Old Posted 09-05-2012, 07:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #5  
Try using the brush tool instead of the pencil tool... I find that the brush works alot better for me because the line is blurred and slightly shaded because it works to me more like a normal pencil.
Old Posted 09-05-2012, 11:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Confused
I do use the brush tool, I never use the pencil tool on any piece, I just don't like the feel of it, unless its pixel art.
I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually! xD
I need to practise with the damn thing but work is a real leech on my time.
Old Posted 09-06-2012, 04:06 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #7  
I got my bamboo capture last July for my birthday, let me tell you. YOU WILL GET USED TO IT INDEFINITELY!
There is not even a comparison once you get used to it, my pixel work with the mouse was crap compared to drawing with my wacom tablet. It does take a while to get used to it, and make full use of it's functions. But in the end its probably the best investment you'll ever make if you do digital art.

Old Posted 09-06-2012, 04:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws

I only use the tablet for outlines and er my fail tries at shades DX

everything else i still do in pencil and scan it into the pc. Though I'm sure if you practice enough you'll be able to draw with the tablet too :)

Also if you are using PS you may want to try SAI, some people like it better for drawing then PS.. I dunno i haven't really used the program all that much.

Old Posted 09-06-2012, 05:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Magic
Default   #9  
it's easy once you get used to it

I had used one once when I was little and made a slightly sqiggle line looking digimon which was on my and maybe still on my aunt's computer

so when I got my tablet earlier this year at Easter time I knew what to expect from it it was much easier than trying to use a laptop built in mouse where I used my index finger to draw pictures on the computer before
so it didn't take me long to get the hang of it...

(days worked my tablet on drawings since I got it)(each day I worked on a drawing I'd make a new folder with the date so was easy to count up, not the amount of drawings total, some drawings was worked on more than one day, but were still filed in a new day):

15 days first month worked on it (started day I got it)
5 second month (this one is low because my computer died and I lost some art and had to wait on replacing the computer)
9 third month (started up again once I got my computer working)
17 fourth month
15 firth month
and 3 times this month so far

it also helps to try using it as a mouse so you can get the hang of it (I frequently used it as a mouse when I first got it, sometimes I still do ^^;;)
Old Posted 09-10-2012, 06:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Confused
Oh lord, I remember when I first got my tablet. I actually have a bamboo too. I believe my tablet is a pen and touch. o_o That reminds me I need to get more nibs for my pin. *gets distracted* Sorry, but yes. In the beginning it was terrible drawing with my tablet. I knew it wasn't going to be easy because I'm used to drawing on paper and looking at a computer screen rather than at what you're drawing on is hard. But don't worry you will get used to it. I got mine last year, it took me a couple of months to get used to it, though I'm still learning. I'm not very good at using computer programs that I draw in. Photoshop still amazes me.
Old Posted 09-12-2012, 07:38 AM Reply With Quote  
I've got the Gewds.
Default   #11  
I'm better at drawing with a tablet than on paper. I use my tablet for everything. ^^
If your blindfold comes off, then should I blind you instead?
✘ ✘ ✘
FurAffinity
DeviantArt

✘ ✘ ✘

I'm SOOOOOO Sexy ;3
Old Posted 09-12-2012, 02:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Can you hear the Angels sing?
I got my tablet almost two years ago, it took me about a month before I got used to it because before I was drawing with a mouse before. xD
But now I love it and can use it as a mouse on my laptop lol.
It helps to use line arting tools on what ever drawing program you are using. I use Paint Tool Sai and it has a line arting layer tool that really helps me make my lines straight.
Old Posted 09-13-2012, 01:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
Default   #13  
I have a Bamboo tablet and I'm still not used to it and got it for Christmas. You'll get the hang of it though and I definitely do not like using the pencil tool. xD I like the brush. :3

Old Posted 09-14-2012, 08:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
It took me a good month to get use to a tablet.
I got to use one for a summer a few years ago (like..3 or 4?), but it belonged to my friend so I had to give it back.
It was a Bamboo Fun and I loved it.
Then I got one of my own 2 or 3 years ago. I think 3, because I had it long before I met my boyfriend.
It's a Bamboo Pen. It's a piece of crap, but it does the job.
Old Posted 09-21-2012, 04:30 PM Reply With Quote