Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

isn't that funny
Default a very aggrivating site malfunction   #1  
it takes about 15 minutes of inactivity for the site to auto logg me out, this normally is not so bad but i just spent closer to twenty minutes compiling a rather long and onerous pm to another member and right as i posted the damn site logged me out, i put a lot of effort into that pm along with outgoing links and descriptions and i am PISSED i am so very upset that i have to choose between a glitch that won't let me log out without clearing my computer information or a timing issue that makes it so that i must randomly post save and otherwise be active in the site whenever i want to send or reply to pms longer than a few sentances, and what is worse, not only did i lose all of this information(i checked, nothing was sent and backtracking didn't save anything) this is not even the /first/ time it has done this to me

this is so seriously stupid i don't even know how to experss it, i think i don't want to play on trisphee for a little bit i'll be back in a couple days when i don't feel like breaking my mouse, hopefully i can either get an answer or a fix
Old Posted 08-13-2011, 07:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
This is normal behavior and almost every forum system will do this. Any other behavior would be a security risk.

The solution is to mark the "Remember Me" box so that you don't get automatically logged out.

Additionally, many people choose to write large posts in an external editor (Notepad or Wordpad for example) and paste them in so that problems with the web browser (including getting logged out, network interruptions, or the browser just doing something stupid like going back a page when you hit backspace). This is a more foolproof solution and will even endure problems like crashes because you can save to disk periodically as you work.

I apologize for the trouble, and I hope these recommendations can help you in the future.
Old Posted 08-13-2011, 09:47 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #3  
I'm with Coda on this one. Trisphee has actually not been that bad from my experience. At least I can predict when I might lose a post whereas on other sides it can happen because the post took so longn to write rather than a logging out issue.

I have the same inactivity = logout thing on my account which I don't mind. I use notepad or open office to type up posts that I know will be long, or (and most frequenlty) I copy the text first and then hit "post" so I have a back up if it decides to log mem out. I just try again and hit "paste."
Old Posted 08-14-2011, 03:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Keyblade Master

This is the first time I've ever heard of someone being logged out randomly after an amount of time. o_o;;; Trisphee always keeps me logged in, unless I go and log myself out on my own.

Old Posted 08-14-2011, 05:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
Default   #5  
As Coda said try checking the "remember me" option, I always copy any long pm's or posts just so I know I don't have to type them out again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 08-14-2011, 05:38 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
well i guess it only took a day^^;

coda, do you remember me? i am the one with the broken laptop, if i hit the remember me i cannot log out anymore, in fact that is why i listed my alternative to not being able to log out without clearing my comp issues

i don't have a timing issue on crysandrea gaia lilifactory or unicreatures though and they all have an inactivity log-out

but i will refrain from long posts in the future i don't have the enthusiasm to clutter the clipboard for 'maybe', sorry i am so ignorant of this bizzarre phenomonon, and thankyou for letting me know it isn't just a site bug that makes pms so trechorus
Old Posted 08-14-2011, 09:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #7  
-Hugs Choco- I've felt your pain, it usually because I am having connection issues though, and if the site doesn't load in a certain amount of time then it deletes every thing I've posted and logs me out.
Old Posted 08-16-2011, 09:06 AM Reply With Quote