Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Lazy
Default   #33  
I enjoy MLP quite immensely! ^^ Though, having never seen the show before Friendship is Magic, I greatly prefer the new art style to the old. I imagine this is because they've kinda become anime ponies and I've always been fond of anime art.

My favorites are probably Rarity and Rainbow Dash, though the only pony I actively dislike is Pinkie Pie as I find her to be highly annoying (and after Party of One, High Octane Nightmare Fuel).
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 12:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
@ Taiki: I can not tell if Pinkie pie is a special pony or not. I mean teaching kids to laugh in the face of danger is one thing but you can't laugh at the face of danger for everything.

I think I enjoy apple Jack, and the little dragon the most along with Granny smith only because Granny smith amuses me. In fact the entire apple clan amuses me.
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 12:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
Default   #35  
Applejack is my favorite! xD She's got such a "potty mouth". |D She always says phrases that normally would have a curse word but it's replaced by a horse related term. It's so funny~

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 12:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Lol Im only on Episode five and I have discovered that evil or bad ponies in this show have the moon symbol on their butt. I mean of course Nightmare and Trish. I wish that nightmare would come back. She was very beautifully designed.
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 01:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #37  
She's coming back sometime in the second season, fortunately. I liked her, too.
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 02:04 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I can barely remember the ponies I had. One of my favourites was a white pony with red mane and tail and a special double patterent cutiemark. Looked like strawberries but I can't recall her name. I have the firefly version that comes with the movie. Early 90s I think, or late 80s. I'd like to see if it's available on DVD. I already have the Transformers cartoon movie with Orson Wells and Leonard Nimoy. ;)

And I've yet again missed an entire page of posts before replying. Oh well.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 07-16-2011 at 02:40 AM.
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 02:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #39  
I have tons of the old ponies. I love anime.. but I find the new style of ponies demented. Nothing against the ponies themselves, but I was just in walmart this morning and saw the newest toys looked almost like they had rabbit ears! it's a bit scary. I much preferred the slightly more realistic version of the 80's. I do love the coloring on rarity. But I wish i had picked up a pony of her back before they started revamping the toys. She looked so much better when they first released her. The original Rarity is a unicorn pony who was originally pink with rainbow hair in the animation My Little Pony: The Runaway Rainbow. Her symbol was a heart with multiple-colored swirls surrounding. She is originally released in 2006 and is described to be a young Unicorn in charge of one of the magic wands alongside Brights Brightly, Cheerilee and Whistle Wishes. Her wand allows her to control the colors to bring in the first rainbow of the season and lets her summon the Crystal Carriage. In Friendship is Magic, Rarity has a white body and royal purple mane & tail. Her new cutie mark is three diamonds. She is very stylish and beautiful, takes great interest in fashion and clothing design, and often tries to make herself the center of attention. She considers herself a lady and often acts sophisticated. She can also be very dramatic, often when a disaster occurs to her. She is Sweetie Belle's older sister and dreams of becoming a designer for Princess Celestia and also dreamed of marrying Celestia's nephew, until she met him. Rarity's magic involves both telekinesis and finding jewels.
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 11:16 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Who's the big white pony? She reminds me of the old "teenager" my little ponies that came out, with slimmer legs and bodies.
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 08:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
Default   #41  
Big white pony? The one with the unicorn horn and wings? That's Princess Celestia. Her and her sister Luna are the only ones that have both a unicorn horn and wings. Cx

CMYK
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 08:41 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Ah. Kk. Any particular reason why she's especially big or is that just to look mighty and impressive?
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 08:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #43  
it explains it in the first episode. Shes the queen of the kingdom and bringer of the day. Her sister was the bringer of night till of course she became evil.
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 08:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Webcomicker!
Yes, what Poggio said. xD Her sister Luna is smaller than her but just a tad bigger than the other Ponies.

Here's a screenshot I took off the episode she was in for comparison:

However when she's in her evil Nightmare Moon form she's like the same size as her sister for some reason. O: (though I don't think it ever shows them together when she's like that)

CMYK
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 09:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #45  
I freaking love Night Mares character design when shes evil. Its so pretty and I like that her mane is the cosmos.
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 09:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
I do love Luna and Celestia of the new ponies.
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 09:56 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #47  
Wow. Didn't even notice the mane and tail the first time. Thought it was sky.
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 10:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
agreed. XD I thought Luna's hair was sky too at first.
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 11:40 PM Reply With Quote