Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Level 100
Default Card Games   #1  
There are threads about so many different video games, even one about board games, so now lets have one about card games.

This can be any type of card game, from the classic card games such as Poker, Rummy, etc.
To specialized card games such as Uno, Skip-bo, Rook, etc.
To TCGs (trading card games) such as Magic the Gathering, Yugioh, etc.

Some of these games could go into more than one category, like Crazy 8's can be played with classic cards as well as have a specialized set built for it.

Talk about your favorites of each.
What games do you like to play in each category.
Are there some games you can't stand to play?
Discuss it all here.

Here are some links to some of the classic and specialized card games:
Classic
Specialized
Last edited by dragoness129; 05-31-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old Posted 05-31-2011, 06:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Level 100

For me, I have played a lot of classic card games, specialized games, and TCGs.

My grandparents like to play a lot of card games and learn new ones from my Uncle Jim and Aunt Laura. They teach us new ones when they visit.
Some of the great ones with classic cards include Agony, Shang Hi, 6-pack, Rummy, Solitaire, and Blackjack.
Of the specialized games, I like to play Skip-bo, Majang, Phase 10, Rook, and Sequence.
My grandparents brought Rummikube with them, but we were not able to play it yet.
TCGs I have played or have a small set of cards include: Pokemon, Digimon, Yugioh, Magic, World of Warcraft, Neopets, Inuyasha, .hack Enemy, Lord of the Rings, Magi Nation, and Bionicle.
Old Posted 05-31-2011, 06:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Default   #3  
I like to play Uno, and Spades. But for specialized stuff I'd have to say Munchkin...as long as you play it with people who won't take all the backstabbing personally xD

TCGs I pretty much only played Magic: The Gathering, I tried not to spend too much on anything else since I had spent a lot on MTG already.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 05-31-2011, 07:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Head Stalker
I haven't played any of the classic card games in a long time. I tend to stick with the TCGs. Haven't played much of those either. Just a Magic: The Gathering, Yugioh, and a little Pokemon. Oh! And Munchkin, too! Can't forget that!! :DDD
Vampy is my stalking victim!

Table-Top RPGs!

Old Posted 05-31-2011, 07:17 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #5  
I used to play tons of card games but not as much anymore with all the fancy board games and trading cards. I used to play Rummy but I've all but forgotten now. I learned the basics of Bridge, Hearts, Canasta (aka "Nasty") and various incarnatioms of Crazy Eights, among others.

My favourite card game would be Citadels, which is very close to a bard game but uses only cards and tokens. My favourite specialty card game would be Skip-Bo. Had lots of fun with that. With that I've played Uno, Pit, Sequence, and seen the odd game of Flux. Pit is really fast and involves a lot of yelling. Fun for a speedy active game.

For trading cards games, I bought a lot (notably Magic, YuGiOh, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings) but only played Magic and YGO. I quit YGO because not only were the rares all really expensive, leading to the "he with the most money has the best deck" style, but power creep was so bad that my cards now are obselete. Magic has done really well avoiding power creep, with new sets moving up and down in terms of strength so that older cards are still playable after a decade and I stull use many of the cards I picked up in 94 with the newer ones I bought a few years back. Finding people that play these games has always been something of an issue though, hence why I only activly played two.
Old Posted 05-31-2011, 08:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Level 100
Canasta! That's the one I could not remember its name, but I knew it started with a "C".
Old Posted 05-31-2011, 09:08 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #7  
It gets mean in the later rounds. my stepmother taught it to my sister and I after we were playing cards all night and ran out of games we knew how to play. When we started playing "Old Maid" we decided that we needed to learn something new. Unfortunately I can't remember how to play it anymore, so I'll need to look it up again.
Old Posted 06-02-2011, 02:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
I am always a fan for 500 Rummy. I love that game. I also have about 700 cards .... >.> for yugioh... and my sister has the orginal 151 pokemon cards from the frist couple sets of pokemon cards.

Current Quest

Locked Legends
2,500 / 2,500
█████████████████████████

Currently Looking for a seller.

Old Posted 06-02-2011, 11:07 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #9  
I've got my old pokemon cards lying around somewhere. I wish I had them so I could give them to my niece now that she's interested in the game. It was all her school for a while and I remember back when it happened around mine.
Old Posted 06-12-2011, 01:28 AM Reply With Quote  
light always wins
I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh! card games all the time when I was younger and Pokemon xD I would always try to win the rare cards. I wish I still had all of them just to look back on old time :/
le sigh
Old Posted 06-12-2011, 02:58 AM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Default   #11  
I play magic a little, but I fail at it XD. I've been playing allot of cards with my great aunt, mostly Boo-Rey(a game kinda like poker) and Rummy. She beats me at Boo-Rey usualy, but I own her at Rummy mostly.
Known as Kajiko almost everywhere else.
Old Posted 06-25-2011, 04:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Pretty Soldier
I play solitaire all the time.
Mostly out of boredom.
XD

When I was younger we played UNO as a family all the time.
It was a lot of fun!
Old Posted 06-26-2011, 02:16 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #13  
Hmmm, I used to play some back in highschool in our break, we were squatting the bench outside the auditorium and playing it while eating lol.

For the classical games, aka the ones I used to play at highschool, it was mainly, and sorry for the name it's not an insult it's the real name xD, Asshole. Otherwise I also used to play the Clock one and Solitaire when alone.

For specialized games, in my family we mainly played Uno and Skip-bo, but I also played a couple of times Munchies with friends. Oh, and Loup-Garoup (Werewolf in english I guess?) as well with the extension deck ^^

For the last category, I've pretty much only played Yu-Gi-Oh! twice or so, aka when a friend taught me how to play it. I have a duel disk and a deck, actually Marik's deck, the Legendary Collection and over a hundred mixed cards, but I mainly have it for my Yu-Gi-Oh cosplay lol.
~Artic Storm Knight of Chaos~

Art by the amazing littl3chocobo, all drop to your knees and venerate her now!
Do so and you shalt not be turned to icicles!...maybe

[My Quest]

Old Posted 06-26-2011, 08:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Self-proclaimed Non-Conversationalist
Does it count as a card game if I take the card a build a tower out of them? xP

Otherwise, I love me some UNO... with our own local rules of course.. cause we be crazy.

I also LOVE LOVE LOOOVE to play Cheat. ZOMG Cheat is one of my favs.. Like I'm soo gooood at teh cheating xDDD

Lucid loves Duchess and takes her signature virginity. <3
Ashy refuses to share Duchess with anyone D:<

Duchess is idol TRASH
Feel free to bully me about it

Old Posted 06-27-2011, 07:11 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #15  
I still have 1000's of yugioh cards in my room xD I play with them with myself every once in a while.. One day.. I will have my own motorcycle and only then.. "I WILL BE PLAYING CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLEZ!"

Old Posted 06-28-2011, 02:10 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
UNO annoys me a little. I get annoyed with not getting to act on a turn where I have to pick up cards. Get's boring. I prefer Skip-Bo myself, or crazy eights countdown. That was the game of choice at summer camp one year. I remember at one point I was holding 22 cards in my hand, just shy of half the deck. I still managed not to lose. :).
Old Posted 06-28-2011, 06:44 PM Reply With Quote