Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

I see you
Default   #33  
Slightly hardcore, I think. It really depends on the game.
However, I honestly don't care about new releases and whatnot.

I won't rest until I've got near enough 100% completion on most games.
Old Posted 01-24-2011, 07:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Default Well it depends on what you mean by Hardcore   #34   Funkduder Funkduder is offline
Posty McPostsALot
I don't get games on the day of release so in that way I'm not a hardcore kind of gamer, but then again, I also play more mature games like CoD, resident evil, and Need4Speed. I've always been thinking of Hardcore as in the type of games, whether really goring and long-time heroes such as Megaman, and Mario, or smaller time games like a Pirates of the Caribbean game.
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 01:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
Default   #35  
Well, I used to be more of a hardcore gamer, back before I had gotten my computer. Then, I sort of slowly slipped out of that habit. xD'

I'd say I'm more of a casual gamer these days.
Sometimes that changes a little, depending on what's out, and what I've gotten my hands on. >u>'
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 12:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Cheeky Monkey
In between?
I'm not extreme about being there for every game.
But there are some series I do like to go out and buy and play for hours, like Rune Factory.

-Hiatus-
Leave a message.
Old Posted 02-07-2011, 07:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Default   #37  

If I had the luxury of having no life and lots of money, I'd be hardcore. For now, I settle for being casual, with obsessive compulsions about certain ones I'm playing at the time, lol.
I'm a mule.

Visit my Quest?
Old Posted 02-13-2011, 02:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
[COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]I gotta say im casual cuz me bad at playin games but sumtimes im good at it!![/COLOR]
Old Posted 02-19-2011, 03:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Ero-God
Default   #39  
I used to be hardcore (not to the extreme) but lately I've gone casual, change of priorities I would guess.
Old Posted 02-20-2011, 06:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Hardcore. Even with work and my social life, when I'm at home, I am gaming. I played World of Warcraft for a long time and still play occasionally, but I am almost ALWAYS on a FPS. I get games the day of release and play them until I'm bored with them. See, girls can play video games! My gamertag makes ppl mad when I beat them also :P
~ FLY WITH ME ~
Old Posted 02-20-2011, 06:39 PM Reply With Quote  
The Dragon Reborn
Default   #41  
I'm gonna say I'm probably a little of both. I used to be hardcore, but than started college so that I can make the games that you all will be playing :)
Also, I just want to add a little something.

In my game design class, casual and hardcore are defined like this:
Casual: someone who plays games when they get the chance in between other things.
Hardcore: someone who changes or makes their schedule somewhat based around gaming.

I'll use WoW as an example. A casual player would play the game and could even be in a guild and play frequently. They just wouldn't put things in RL aside for raiding and such. A hardcore player could play for maybe even as little as an hour a day, but have a set time everyday that he does it and will put other things aside during this predetermined time.
The amount of time and skill doesn't matter and there is nothing wrong with being casual or hardcore. Also, the timing of getting games doesn't matter. I've only bought like 4 games on the release date.
Old Posted 02-21-2011, 06:17 PM Reply With Quote  
The Dragon Reborn
1 more thing :P
I don't like the term "having a life."
Who is to say what a "life" is? Is it going to college? Having a job? Going to parties? Some people think things differently that others and enjoy different things. Why should someone who plays games a lot not "have a life," whereas someone who goes out to parties does?
Just something to think about.
Old Posted 02-21-2011, 06:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Zombie Platypus
Default   #43  
i am a hardcore gamer i suppose - not one of those "PAWN'D YOU NOOBZ I AM EL33T!" or any of that shit xD
i mean i play games alot~
like team fortress 2 - play it ALLL day
Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! Justice will prevail, you say?of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! -Donflamingo
Old Posted 02-28-2011, 12:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Head Stalker
Hm... I really wouldn't call myself either one, though I suppose you could say I lean more towards a hardcore gamer.
Vampy is my stalking victim!

Table-Top RPGs!

Old Posted 02-28-2011, 04:22 AM Reply With Quote  
The Tragic Jester
Default   #45  
I'm a casual player, but I can easily fall into a pattern of doing almost nothing but playing for days. Particularly with new, single player games.
Old Posted 03-07-2011, 12:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Derp
I used to be a hardcore gamer and literally played a game from morning till the very next morning with little rest when I was a bit younger but the older and older I get the less and less time I have for games. Being a child was awesome D: I miss my lazy days.
Old Posted 04-03-2011, 06:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Toyota
Default   #47  
I think i am more of a casual gamer now. I used to be hardcore. Saving up my money for games and everything. But now college is here and i'm trying to live on my own, and i'm pretty happy with the games i got right now too ^^
Old Posted 04-07-2011, 02:05 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
╔═════════════════════════════════╗

(。◕‿◕。) I'm a casual gamer and always have.
I keep up with the latest gaming news but I like
to enjoy them. Now when I game I am trying to take
it slow and easy and not be as anal as I used to be.
Before I would get guides to every game I had and I
would follow them to a T. I had to find every item
and fight every battle. Now I will run away from
some battles and take it easy with games.

╚═════════════════════════════════╝
Old Posted 04-07-2011, 06:56 AM Reply With Quote