Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Mother Ship
Default Firefox won't let me log in to certain websites   #1  
Like twitter and sapherna and my university email which is powered by gmail and gmail itself (And who knows what else I haven't tried yet)

This is immediately after downloading it. What is going on here?
Old Posted 04-23-2015, 03:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
What happens when you try to log in?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 04-23-2015, 04:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #3  
It just refreshes the page D:
Old Posted 04-23-2015, 05:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Try changing your options so that FF accepts cookies?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 04-23-2015, 06:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #5  
Does firefox automatically disable them?

How am I able to log in to other places (like here) and stay on if cookies are disabled? (Seriously, I know nothing about cookies, how to accept them, or anything)

Edit: Deleted all cookies and somehow that fixed it. Idek how -.-
Last edited by Yokuutsu; 04-23-2015 at 10:44 PM.
Old Posted 04-23-2015, 10:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I've got some technical guesses as to what could have caused that, but it'd just be speculation with no good way to test it.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-23-2015, 11:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #7  
The only thing I can guess that I did differently is I still had my other browser and imported bookmarks and passwords....which the passwords didn't show up in the log in pages so that was useless. Idk but it said cookies were being accepted so Idk...firefox just didn't like me XD
Old Posted 04-23-2015, 11:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Nah, it would have to be something where there was more than one cookie getting applied, and the one that was getting modified by you logging in wasn't the one that was taking priority when the next page loaded.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-23-2015, 11:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #9  
Well, it was also messing with Solia Online too (I join all the websites!)...like I could log in, but click anything in the bubble (new announcement, daily prize thing, etc) I would immediately be logged out.

-doesn't know anything about anything beyond deleting the cookies worked- XD
Old Posted 04-23-2015, 11:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Huh. That's starting to sound like a filesystem permissions issue instead... I dunno. Weird.

Old Posted 04-23-2015, 11:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #11  
It let me do everything but stuff in that header area. And it wouldn't remember me, but if there's a problem with the cookies...well...that is to be expected XD

Couldn't log in to twitter or sapherna-it would just refresh the page.
Old Posted 04-23-2015, 11:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Yeah, that's all signs of your browser failing to be able to update its cookie store. No idea WHY that would happen unless you, like, got a new computer or something.

Old Posted 04-24-2015, 12:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #13  
Nope. Had this computer for a long time, first time having firefox on it in a long time. Guess Firefox was possessed and/or hates me XD

I've never had anything like it happen before. I've had firefox be a resource hog and so switched to Chrome (and back again)...but that's it XD
Old Posted 04-24-2015, 01:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Oh, you recently reinstalled Firefox after having not used it in a long time? That's potentially relevant, if the two versions were far enough apart that their cookie handling changed and you didn't upgrade through the version that migrated the data.

Old Posted 04-24-2015, 08:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #15  
I never had firefox on this computer since I got it...and we then put windows 7 on it.

All I got it to do was migrate passwords and bookmarks from Chrome. Which the passwords were useless since they wouldn't appear in the box. Completely useless. The bookmarks seem to have moved over fine.
Old Posted 04-24-2015, 12:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Huh. Maybe it's a bug in the migration tool. I dunno. I don't tinker in Firefox's source code. :P

Old Posted 04-24-2015, 01:06 PM Reply With Quote