Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pixels
Default   #1425  
kaderin, they probably think those things are easy.

XD

Old Posted 10-10-2017, 12:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Haha...but, I need easy like "Idiots Guide" easy!
Did manage to successfully troubleshoot an issue with my machine thanks to Google though.
Old Posted 10-10-2017, 12:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #1427  
oh well i wasn't meaning that they were easy just that everybody probably thinks of them that way! I can't sew for poop so don't worry. I just make those no sew fleece blankets and call it a day

Old Posted 10-10-2017, 12:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Lol. I understood what you meant. XD
And I dunno, with proper instructions, some of the suggestions probably aren't too difficult really.
I am just 100% not confident in my sewing abilities at all because so many people are all "oh, I can't sew at all" and then making beautiful clothes or other items.
Old Posted 10-10-2017, 12:20 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #1429  
i feel for you, kaderin. i can sew, but not that great. i can for the most part follow a pattern xD but sewing machines hate me and like to mess up their tension on me....which makes me frustrated and want to kill it with fire!

clicking the dancie fox will take you to my dA
currently questing for both furballs

"Who's a good foxy? Who's...wait, why are you growl...OH THE PAIN!"
Old Posted 10-10-2017, 12:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
We could team up! You cut and pin and I'll sew!
Old Posted 10-10-2017, 12:57 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #1431  
With enough angry determination you can make anything! Just try not to expect perfection instantly! Also get a fabric marking pencil/pen and draw the lines on your fabric with a ruler to make a line to follow, it is so much easier even if it still goes crooked at times.
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 10-10-2017, 01:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I actually meant to buy a ruler the other day, but forgot.
Old Posted 10-10-2017, 02:06 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #1433  
Ohoh to practice sewing straight you could make pillowcases! They use sort of a lot of fabric though.
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 10-10-2017, 02:37 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Pillows. Lots of pillows. ouo They're pretty easy to me. XD

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 10-10-2017, 04:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1435  
Hmmm....I probably could do dome throw pillows or something...
They seem easy. I also thought maybe some rice bag type hot/cold packs. But I need a ruler to cut staight lines for those.
Old Posted 10-10-2017, 04:37 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Yeah, that would be good. :)

I've been making some waist aprons with mine that I need to finish... ><"

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 10-10-2017, 04:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1437  
Time to see if I can find some super easy tutorials...
I actually have an apron pattern, but I have zero confidence that I can currently understand the pattern instructions enough to actually make it...
Old Posted 10-10-2017, 07:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
another use for the fabric doll I'm practicing my ideas on is as a pincushion.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 10-10-2017, 08:55 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #1439  
kaderin, aprons are super super easy. when i was working at a craft store in cali, they required all employees to make their own aprons....in the words of 'office space': "for the flair". i messed mine up with the pattern they had us use...but the fabric counter ladies helped walk me through it. i was over-complicating it xD a couple years ago, i made my oldest sister's family aprons just using some simple ones from online. made a cute retro half one for my sister, what looked like a bbq apron for her husband, modified a "dish towel apron" pattern for one of my nieces and winged one using an outline on tissue paper to make one small enough for my nephew. they actually came out really good too. so search online for 'easy free apron patterns'. something will come up that you can use/understand ^__^ and if you want to use fat quarters for it, i've never used them before, BUT my suggestion would be to stitch them together in rows until you have a big enough "piece" of material. so like....idk 4 or 5 in each row, and then make 3+ rows of the fat quarters depending on the length you want it, and then sew the "rows of quarters" together....add some trim if you want to the bottom/sides and use double fold bias tape OR wide ribbon for the ties. i like using the bias tape cause it holds up better with the tying and untying, but ribbon can totally be usable (and a bit cheaper; when i made the family aprons, i had gotten some leftover fabric from the sister i live with's boyfriend's mom. so i wasn't too upset money-wise to have to shell out about $10 in supplies -good thread, bias tape, trim, contrasting liner fabric, etc- ) and adding a pocket is super easy with fat quarters. you can just angle it at one of the corners and fold down the top corner to make a triangle.

edit: maybe november's craft-a-long can be aprons xD (drawing or sewing or whatever) cause tis the season for baking, right? right? xD

clicking the dancie fox will take you to my dA
currently questing for both furballs

"Who's a good foxy? Who's...wait, why are you growl...OH THE PAIN!"
Old Posted 10-11-2017, 11:28 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Uggggh today has been a day.
Spent an hour and a half at the doctor getting blood drawn, doing a urine pregnancy test (which is bullshit) and having them put a shot in my butt for birth control (which is period control for me cuz my period is insane), then drove to town and got some lights for the porch and the house, and some gloves for work, then picked up a friend at the college and took her home then spent 2 hours cleaning the garage.

It is now 6:18pm and I have only eaten a cheese burger today to fuel this insanity.
ಠ_ಠ
Old Posted 10-11-2017, 09:19 PM Reply With Quote