Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

On in to the future
Default   #33  

She looked between the humans and finally sighed. "In the vein of not being called 'Woman' constantly, my name is Cithien Eluchíl." The woman turned her head away, looking towards her peoples camp. After a moment she shook her head, "I suppose we need to sit down and discuss what will be done with the Mystic Grove. Though, I have a feeling I know how this will end."

The woman crossed her arms over her stomach. As cold as it was, she had not bothered to put her cloak back on. It remained on the blood soaked ground near the lake. The Elves surrounding Cithien watched Rezenar and his men warily, though the looks they cast the Lords way were not the same as how they looked at the rest of his men. "I suppose I should suggest a feast held in your honor. It is traditional for us to do so for the few that actually manage to best us." As she finished the sentence she glared at her companions. She clearly was not happy about the truce.

"It is traditional that we hunt along side our previous enemies as a way to show trust." Her eyes moved from one Human to the next. When she spoke again it was with more then a little uncertainty, "Is this something that your people can agree with."
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 04-25-2012, 09:54 AM Reply With Quote  
The Judged

Rezenar heard her name, but didn't show any sign of wanting to look back at her and recite her name in front of Cithien so that he was clear in hearing her. He did, however, turn his attention to her once she mentioned about them having to talk about what must be done. "It seems that way." Rezenar answered. Thinking of all the things that could end their little "meeting," Rezenar couldn't help but give a weak chuckle under his breath... because the last thing he thought of was death.

As they went into the presence of the other Elves, Rezenar could feel a strange look being pointed his way. However, he was uncertain about what this specific look was, exactly. Was it rage because of his success of almost killing Cithien? He couldn't tell. Once everything around them settled down, Cithien spoke of a feast. He took a quick glance to his men, watching their reaction to it. They weren't familiar with such a custom, but they appeared pretty curious and excited about it. What bothered him wasn't this sight of his men acting like children, but the fact that Cithien stated, "...for the few that actually manage to best us."

Neither side as better than the other, nor was he better than she was and he knew this. The reason why he was still up and able to walk as if nothing happen was completely unnatural for a human. He let her finish speaking before giving it some thought and then he fixed his cloak a bit, shifting it. "My people will be more than willing to agree to hold such activities. However, I desire to know when exactly they will be held."

One of his soldiers looked to Rezenar. "Why not now?" Rezenar snapped at this specific soldier. "I'm wounded and still had no one look at me. I don't think I'll be able to hold this body up any longer than necessary."

The soldier gave Rezenar a quizzical look. When he saw such a face, Rezenar already knew this soldier was new and had no knowledge of the dark secret Rezenar had. As much as he wanted to tell the soldier the secret on the spot, he couldn't. Such a secret was disturbing, if not disgusting.
Old Posted 04-25-2012, 10:56 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #35  

The Elves around her nodded to Rezenar, an old man stepped forward and spoke before Cithien could. "It will be two days from now. I doubt either of you will be able to participate in your conditions, but we shall see." She did not try to interrupt the man as he spoke. He was very respected by their people.

Once he finished she nodded in agreement, "Yes, it will be in two days. Our finest hunters with yours. The rest will prepare the grounds for the feast. Before that, though, we have our dead to bury...your people and ours." She frowned as she looked away from them and towards the bodies that were strewn across the field. There were several people gathering the dead, and healing the wounded that could not move.

Cithien swayed on her feet suddenly, nearly loosing her balance before one of her companions gently gripped her arm. She looked at him and said a few soft words in their tongue before she looked back at the humans. "If there is nothing else, then I think it is best that we return to our camps now."
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 04-26-2012, 08:19 PM Reply With Quote  
The Judged

Rezenar gave a nod. "That's fine, sir." He was about to speak, but then heard Cithien talk regarding the bodies that laid on the battlefield. As much as he wanted to tell them that they should leave the bodies, he couldn't. It felt as if he has talked enough for one day. Rezenar turned to Cithien and gave a stern nod. "Our camps... right"

He calmly stood up and the soldiers followed in reply. They all bowed and excused themselves as they headed back to their camp. On their way, Rezenar stumbled and the soldiers immediately went to his side. His dark demeanor has left and he was back to his self. Immediately, his cloak was drenched in his blood and he was unable to really pick himself up. The loss of blood was starting to get to him. 2 soldiers took him and helped him walk back to the camp.

The three remaining captains went to tend to Rezenar and told him about the information Rezenar already knew. Doctors and healers of the camp went to try and tend to Rezenar as much as possible. From what they've seen, his condition could've been worse, but by the looks of things, he should've been dead. They were surprised that he was still alive. It was as if it was by some miracle, Rezenar was blessed by the gods to still be living.

Hearing that, Rezenar couldn't help but sneer at the "gods" remark they mentioned. Sadly, that wasn't the case for him. What was funny was that his whole army was pretty religious. He, on the other hand, believed in no such thing. Then again, it somewhat explains why he was in the situation he was in right now-- he was in hell.

The doctors mentioned to Rezenar that he had to rest and he did just that. His dreams filled his blood-craving mindset with dreams of once again fighting a whole army. Oddly, he was backed up by a strange shadow during these dreams. Each night was the same dream to him, but this specific night was different. Instead of dreaming cold-blooded thoughts... it was of a more peaceful dream. He was in the Mystic Grove and he was with someone there. They had a gentle voice, they were so peaceful...

Rezenar could've sworn he did die and has gone to heaven. But he knew that was never going to happen.
Old Posted 04-27-2012, 10:44 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #37  

She nodded and walked away from the humans, refusing to let them see her stumble again. In the middle of the battlefield, next to the deceased Captains, laid her fathers body. Cithien went over to him and fell to her knees, unable to hide the pain she felt at her peoples lost...or her own, any longer. The Elves that accompanied her exchanged looks, but said nothing for a long time. They knew that she needed to mourn him, that she needed to cleanse herself of the pain.

After several long minutes they gently pulled her to her feet and guided her back to her fathers tent. It would be hers now. She would take his place, and that was something she needed to realize sooner, rather then later. The woman practically collapsed in her fathers cot overcome with her grief, she barely noticed the healers that were tending to her wounds again. Had she been any one else she would likely have died, but Cithien was strong. It wouldn't be the first time she survived something that should have been fatal.

When they finally left her she fell into a fitful sleep that was a combination of what likely happened to her father, and the battle she'd had earlier. If she had only been next to him, he would not have died. She awoke in a cold sweat, her cheeks soaked with tears from the memory. Humans had taken everything from her, and she couldn't let that stand. She had to do something about it.

Cithien tried to stand from her cot, but exhaustion and weakness wouldn't allow it. She slumped back with a few frustrated curses, but did not try again. Eventually, when she fell asleep again, it was to a peaceful dream. The lake was always so soothing, but there was something else. Someone she couldn't place, or even really see. At first she thought it must have been her father, but that couldn't be. He was dead.

Whoever it was, she had to find out one way or another. The sound of his voice, though she couldn't understand what he was saying, and the feeling of his nearness brought on a peace to her that she had never before known. It was not something she wanted to let go.

---
The soft glow of the lake, after it's change was complete, gave the forest around it an eerie appearance. The way shadows danced, and the animals that were drawn to the lake, made it seem as though ghosts had taken over the forest. It was beautiful, and quiet, for the time being at least.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 04-28-2012, 10:37 AM Reply With Quote  
The Judged

((OOC: You don't mind me time skipping for the night, do you? <|Dg))

Hours past and he enjoyed such a dream. Rezenar swore he was never going to wake up, but his words were ignored as a few of his soldiers went to awake him from slumber. They had to remove and give new, clean bandages so that the wound Rezenar had on his body wouldn't get infected. Angrily, Rezenar tossed the men out after a ridiculous struggle and their success to change his bandages. Numerous times, he tried to drift to sleep, but his mind was wide awake-- he couldn't go back to sleep anymore. It appears as if his mind has already desired for peace rather than strife.

After fixing himself up in a dark gray robe and cloak, he got out of his tent and turned to the 3 captains that stood in the middle of the camp, speaking to the soldiers. "I'm going to survey the area outside of the grove." Rezenar said as he started passing by them.

One of the captains immediately snatched Rezenar by the shoulder and stopped him. "No sir... you need to rest!"

"I am resting! We're in a TRUCE with the Elves! There's no need to worry about them going after us, is there?!"Rezenar snarled as he smacked the captain's hand away from his shoulder and stormed out of the camp. Of course he wasn't feeling well and he needed rest, but he just couldn't do it with so much soldiers around. If he wanted rest, he had to go to the place he saw in dreams-- the grove's lake.

His mind came up with the conclusion: maybe... just maybe... if he fell asleep there and had some piece and quiet, he would be able to dream again and meet up with that figure he saw. Was that person an inhabitant of the grove? If they were, it would make their exploration all the more easier. Once he arrived at the lake, he went to the edge and sat there, staring into the water. Just like his dream, the area was calm and peaceful.

Rezenar tied his hair back, tucked the long strands into his cloak, and put his hood on. He wouldn't be able to sleep if there was light, so he had to form some kind of shade for his eyes. Looking for a nearby tree, he walked and sat underneath it. Rezenar then crossed his arms and finally nodded himself to sleep. Desperation was filling his mind, hoping and waiting to see if he'd meet that figure in his dreams again.
Old Posted 04-29-2012, 12:00 AM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #39  

All to soon it was morning. The grey light of dawn slipped into the open door of Cithiens tent and she grumbled. She tried to roll to face away from it, but the pain in her side was to great. One of the healers was in the tent with her and pressed her shoulder back so that she couldn't move.

A soft voice came to her, "You must not move. Not yet at least. We need to redress the wound before you can do anything." Even as she spoke she was checking her side and ensuring that it had not reopened. She felt the healing magic pour through her before the healer was done. "You should eat something, Cithien."

The woman that had healed her then helped her to sit up and took her to one of the fires. She was given a small ration of food and left to herself. She tried to eat, she honestly did. Nothing about the food was appetizing though. After several minutes of staring at the meal she finally stood and walked out of the camp, food in hand. When one of the guards tried to stop her she shrugged them off, "I just want to sit by the lake and see if I can eat there."

The guards could not argue with her. She was now Chief among Chiefs and a Witchdoctor. No one could argue with her, and she wasn't certain she liked having that power. It was not long before she reached the lakes shore and settled down comfortably. She did see another figure there, but decided not to bother whoever if was. If it was human or elf they would not attack her.

Still, she could not eat her food. After a time she set it to the side and sighed in frustration. Cithien stared at the lake trying to will herself to eat, but her hunger would not come. Her mind lingered on the dream and the mysterious figure that she could not place.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 04-29-2012, 03:57 PM Reply With Quote  
The Judged

For a few seconds, Rezenar felt himself literally half-asleep at that moment. He really couldn't tell what was real or what was a dream since everything around him was part of the dream-- the lake, the environment... everything was here. Even the figure he saw, but he really couldn't recall who the figure was in his dream. There was a person by the water and yet he couldn't make out who it was.

Carefully, he walked to the figure and found out it was Cithien. As much as he wanted to speak up, he knew that Cithien was going to pick his tone up and figure out it was him. Instead, he stayed quiet, but he attempted to make his presence known. At the back of his head, Rezenar made sure he kept his defense up in case she decided to attack him. She seemed to be in deep thought, but he couldn't tell about what exactly.
Old Posted 05-01-2012, 12:54 AM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #41  

She sighed as she noticed the figure approaching her. Whoever it was would, apparently, not allow her to relax in peace. It did not matter though. Cithien turned her full attention to him, even giving him a frown, "Whoever you are, you may as well show yourself. You've come this far, there is no sense in hiding your identity."

Something about the figure was familiar, but she couldn't place it. The cloak, the build beneath it. It was almost as though she had seen him in her dreams. She immediately dismissed the thought though as she waited for him to comply. She made no move for a weapon, but simply remained sitting in the same position she had been in before he approached her.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 05-01-2012, 10:10 AM Reply With Quote  
The Judged

Xun's hands went to the hem of his hood to let him reveal himself, but he appeared to be holding back and just let his hands go to his side. Merely, he shook his head. Why he was being this defensive, especially to his own enemy, he would never understand. Cithien wasn't getting her weapon out, but once she would see him, there would definitely be strife to be had. After all, no one was there to stop them, right?

Then again, was there something stopping her from attacking him other than what recently went on between their kinds? It was difficult to contemplate on the situation-- he thought better when under stress rather than being in such a peaceful environment. Already, he felt helpless since he couldn't think up of a good enough excuse to stay there and actually speak up. Instead, he slowly turned around speaking softly. "I'll... just... leave..."

If she found this as an offense, this would give him more than a good enough time to think up of a defensive against her once she decides to go after him and attack once she found out who he was. Already, his mind was swirling with thoughts and ideas of what to do once she strikes him....
Old Posted 05-01-2012, 10:27 AM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #43  

She scoffed as he turned away, "Humans. I will never understand your kind...Lord Rezenar." She rolled her eyes to herself. If he was going to speak then keeping his face hidden was even more pointless than before. At least in her opinion.

She turned her head back to look at the lake with an irritated sigh. What was he doing? Trying to get her to attack? As much as she would love to gut him, she would not dishonor her people by breaking the truce. The more she thought on it, the more likely it was that he wanted her to. Then the humans would try to destroy them and take the grove all to themselves.

Cithien cursed silently to herself, but said nothing else. Something still pulled at her thoughts, just on the edge of memory, about the situation she found herself in. It was almost as though this very conversation had happened once before. If only she could see the end of it.

The glow of the lake became more intense. It was almost hypnotic. She heard herself speak, but she could not believe the words that were coming from her own mouth. "There is no sense in you leaving. I will not break the truce and..." The Elf paused and her eyes widened before she spoke, "I could use the company."
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 05-01-2012, 11:31 AM Reply With Quote  
The Judged

It felt as if she knew him so well. Rezenar didn't care, he was going to leave and just let her keep her peace. However, it bothered him when he heard the next few words that came out of Cithien's mouth. These weren't the words he wanted to hear coming from her. Of course there's a sense of him leaving-- it's to give her a peace of mind when she's in this area since apparently she's present.

Honestly, he hoped she'd break the truce only so he could have a sparring partner. And who is he to her? She wanted company? He'll give her company. "...I can always go to the camps and request for someone to come here. My presence bothers you more than enough." Rezenar said as he turned to examine Cithien for such a confirmation.

She appeared to be in thought, her eyes dead set on the water. He had to see what she was looking at-- it was human nature for curiosity to kick in. Immediately, he shot his eyes to the water and noticed it glowing more than usual. For some odd reason, he felt at ease, and yet at the same time he could feel a burning sensation inside his gut. A bad, burning sensation that told him that something was here and he didn't like it. But this place wasn't bad, so what was stopping him?

Nothing was stopping him, but he noticed that he already sat down in place. What was uncomfortable about this situation was that he was sitting probably 2 feet away from her. When Rezenar made someone his enemy, he'd rather sit approximately not even close to 100 yards away from them than to be in their presence because after all, a fight would ensue between them. Yet, here he was close to her. Rezenar wanted to get up, but a deep sigh escaped his lips-- his body felt heavy and he had the feeling as if he couldn't move. He couldn't believe this was happening-- it was probably his wounds giving him this trouble.

Nothing much to do except talk to his enemy. A bit annoying, but what else is there to do other than stare at the water. "...what are you thinking of right now, E-.... Elu-...........Cithien?" Rezenar spoke. He wanted to call her by her last name, but he found it difficult to say it. Of course he knew her last name and it was customary for his army to call each other by their last names since too many of them had a pretty similar name. At least she'll know he was talking to her and not himself.
Old Posted 05-02-2012, 10:20 AM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #45  

She heard him sit next to her and ask what she was thinking of. That was an odd thing to ask. At least it seemed to to her. It was not the sort of thing her people would have thought a good conversation starter. Never the less, she found herself speaking again.

"I am thinking of all of the people I have lost." Cithien frowned, she barely even noticed him calling her by her first name, though she did notice him stammering over her last name. "Did you forget how to say my last night? It's Eluchíl." She pronounced the name carefully so that he could catch it.

Something in the back of her mind told her that wasn't why he didn't say it. Still the water glowed, ghostly and beautiful. It seemed to have woven a spell around them. Finally, she turned to look at him, dark eyes on his green. "Why do you ask my thoughts anyway?"
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 05-02-2012, 10:35 AM Reply With Quote  
The Judged

Such a thought about the deaths of people... it was common when war goes on. A small nod from him replied to her when she finished speaking. The fact that she had to tell him her last name again made him look like a fool. "Relax, Cithien. I'm more than familiar with your last name." He admitted. Still, it was good that she repeated it to him so he wouldn't mess up again.

Rezenar just stared at the water and felt as if he was having deja-vu. He could've sworn he's been in such a similar situation. Once he established this, he turned his head to look at Cithien, only to find her gazing at his eyes. Immediately, he felt his stomach turn from nervousness. Why was he feeling nervous now when he has been able to see her eye-to-eye numerous times during their fight? Not only that, but doesn't this feeling bother her as well?

A sigh escaped his lips. "I was worried about you." Rezenar immediately answered, his glance still on her eyes. A few seconds after what he said, he turned his head to the water and his eyes widened. Immediately, he shot back to look at her. "I-in the sense that you would be caught off-guard in case anything comes and attacks us." A small, annoyed frown came on his face. Why he said, "I was worried about you" was starting to tick him off. He shouldn't be worried about his enemy, he should be glad her guard would be down if it was possible! She was probably confused as to why he said such words. Rezenar knew he had to follow it up somehow. "...I know we have that hunting thing together soon, but I thought it'd be helpful to establish trust between us before then."
Old Posted 05-02-2012, 10:48 AM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #47  

She arched an eyebrow at him as he spoke. He did not seem himself. Though, really she only knew what he was like in the heat of battle. This could be how he normally reacted around women. Cithien lowered her eyebrow and nodded, "Fair enough I suppose."

Then he said he was worried about her. There was a pause before he finished the sentence and her eyes had widened during that moment. As he tried to explain himself it seemed clumsy and she shook her head. "I suppose trust being built between our people would not be a bad idea. It will not be easy though."

She looked down at the ground between them for a moment before she added. "Unless you just meant the trust between us." Her eyes moved back up to his, curious to see his reaction. More then that, though, she was curious about what was happening between them. What was bringing on the changes.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 05-02-2012, 02:16 PM Reply With Quote  
The Judged

He gave a weak nod. "Of course it won't be easy. It's all a matter of whether or not we do something about it and how we approach such a situation." Of course, he was speaking of things even she probably knew. However, it wasn't a bad idea to be reminded of some things because it helps a person realize what other options there are to test after recalling information.

Rezenar swiftly shot his sight at Cithien with a look of shock. A trust between them both? His mind immediately thought of a relationship-type trust. For a few seconds, he let his sight break off of her and he then started staring at the water in such a pondering state. Of course, she couldn't have meant having them being in a relationship. Not only was it too soon, but once this truce has died down, they'd have to fight it to the end. And honestly, Rezenar would rather have a sparring partner than a lover. He wouldn't be free to run around with other women, so why should he tie himself with just one?

Even with her way of working things, Rezenar thought Cithien wouldn't even dare think about being in a relationship with him, especially since they weren't one of the same kind. In addition, he was the one that attempted to kill her and having the Elves give him a horrible stare down. He knew she wouldn't bother with him. After some thinking, Rezenar gave a small nod. "...I'm sure we can do that. A trust between acquaintances. Maybe by doing so, our people would be able to follow in example while this truce goes on. What do you think?"
Old Posted 05-03-2012, 12:32 PM Reply With Quote