Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

On in to the future
Default The Fight for The Mystic Grove ((Xun and Athilea - Possible M))   #1  
This Roleplay may contain Mature Content

The Mystic Grove is a mystery to all that behold it. Few that entered have returned, and the few that manage to escape it's grasp spoke in mad riddles that hinted at great power to be found there. To the Elves it was tales of artifacts that had been lost for centuries that could help them bring their scattered people back together. To the humans it was a tale of a tomb that held great secrets and powers that would help them to build a stronger nation.

The Groves Edge was oddly quiet despite being occupied for the first time since the previous battle, nearly a century earlier. The air was chill, frost hanging heavy on the branches of a few evergreens that dotted the area. The breeze was calm played almost soothingly through the leaves of the nearby Grove. All that were gathered were dressed for battle. There were two hosts of about two hundred warriors on opposite sides of the battle field.

On one side of the field were the Elves. They were clearly a nomadic people and had the appearance of being several Tribes that had come together to fight there way into the Grove. They were leathers and animal furs. The weapons they carried were crude spears, swords, and staves. Among them was a group of women that carried no weapons, but seemed to have a great amount of respect from the others. They were the reason the Elves had come in the first place. Each of them represented one of the 5 tribes that had come to Groves Edge, and each was a powerful Witchdoctor. Even the Chieftan would not cross them.

These woman stood at the front of the army, if it could be called such, with the Chieftans. They spoke in soft tones and made gestures towards the humans camp that spoke of deep planning. The battle to come could be won or lost, depending on how well the warriors headed their words.
Call me Ath!

Last edited by Athilea Majiri; 05-26-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old Posted 04-16-2012, 11:01 PM Reply With Quote  
The Judged

The weather wasn't to his liking. Some of the men were attempting to stay still, but he knew they would be unable to stand the cold any longer. Back-up should have arrived hours ago with some warmer clothing for his men so they wouldn't freeze to death. They seem pretty sensitive about the weather, considering that the breeze wasn't all that strong. As he let some of the soldiers watch and wait for back-up, he stood on the one side of the battlefield watching and waiting. The elves were on the other end of the battlefield, giving him signals. What he didn't understand was what they wanted him to interpret such signals as. For all he knew, they could be asking for a treaty and they could misunderstand it as a sign of constant fighting. It was going to be tedious work and more fighting, but as long as he was there, he was more than willing to fight with his faction along side him. He had to be careful as to how he would approach the enemy, but before he could think of a way, he heard a soldier running up behind him. "General Rezenar, sir! The back-up has come back with some blankets and fur for us to use to warm up from the chilly air! I've brought you some..."

Rezenar turned to the soldier and gave a weak nod. "Place it near my belongings. I will be there with instructions soon." He mentioned and then he watched as the soldier complied by running back to the rest of the camp. A sigh escaped his lips as he slowly shook his head and turned back to watch the elves and their movement. He really couldn't tell what he would do next unless he had some kind of clear evidence-- then again, that wouldn't be the fun of taking such risks. Immediately, he walked back to the camp and faced the men as they gazed on him. He had long silver hair and dark green eyes that so happened to pierce through them. They all stood at attention, wrapping themselves warmly.

"I need three scouts to go with me to see what the elves are up to. The rest of you will listen to your captains and await orders. If the elves decide to attack the camp, with no hesitation should you back down and defend our place! We must go and conquer Mystic Grove for the sake of the nation." The army roared in anticipation with swords and shields held high. After they have all calmed down, they readied themselves for battle. Once they have, they started planning everything out... and yet they seemed so calm and relaxed about everything. Rezenar shook his head as he watched them. Three scouts were chosen and they lined up in preparation. With that, they headed out swiftly, but silently, towards the elven army.
Old Posted 04-16-2012, 11:46 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #3  

The group of Elves at the forefront of their host seemed completely and totally unworried by the humans approaching them. They also seemed unaffected by the weather. Though the woman had cloaks pulls tightly around them, shifts in their stance showed hints of skin that should have left them frozen.

Finally, they turned to face the humans when they had almost reached their camp. A young Elf, with a spear strapped to her back, was among the Witchdoctors. Her skin was tanned and her hair was black. She seemed to be in training to the others, but her words still held a great amount of weight among her people.

She was the first to step forward, her head held high and proud. Her eyes were a deep, soulful brown. Her expression was hard, though. The observed them slowly before she opened her mouth to speak. "What have you come for?"
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 04-17-2012, 10:18 PM Reply With Quote  
The Judged

For a good number of yards, Rezenar was pleased with their advancement. However, it all broke when one of the scouts made a loud noise. Immediately, Rezenar knew they had no other choice but to show themselves. Instead of sneaking about, they calmly walked towards the elves and their camp. He looked through and noticed the witchdoctors that stood in proud stances before him.

From numerous battles, he has concluded that they were the elves' "captains" of their army, but he hasn't come to a census to see who the "general" really was. If only he knew who was in charge of their armies, he would be able to take them down with no problem what so ever. Sadly, that wasn't the case and he's forced to mow down whoever and whatever he can just to get the information he wanted.

Rezenar took notice one woman who took the bold step to walk to them. The scouts behind him readied their weapons, but immediately Rezenar raised his hands to cease their defense once he heard their hands already ready to grab onto their swords. Swiftly he looked to them and gave a dark glare and gave off a look that read, "Back off or I will kill you."

Before he turned back to the woman that came forward, Rezenar took off his dark demeanor and put on a more calmer, more relaxed look on him. The woman spoke, requesting for an answer as to why they were there. Honestly, Rezenar just wanted information about what they clearly wanted them to do. He was hoping he didn't have to get it this way, specifically. "Clarification." Rezenar simply replied as he offered his hand out in hopes the elves would take it as a sign of peace. Thinking about it, he slowly took his hand back and kept his eyes on the raven-haired woman. "Unlike your people, my people lack any knowledge to clearly tell whether or not the gestures you have given us are gestures of peace of gestures of war."

He fixed his black cloak and gave off a determined look. "Make no assumption, however, that we have come to surrender, but merely request for a truce. We are aware that you desire to take The Mystic Grove as your own. However, I assure you that once we are finished exploring the grove ourselves, you are more than happy to take the area and use it for your self benefit. It's just a matter of watching and waiting on your part..."
Old Posted 04-17-2012, 10:42 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #5  

Cithien eyed the men behind Rezenar, her own people were tense and ready to draw their own weapons. Whoever she was, she had great importance among her people. Once she felt that the humans would not attack she looked back to the silver haired one. His hand was extended briefly and, though she glanced at it, she made no move to accept it.

Her own demeanor was far to relaxed, with the sort of attitude that one would expect from nobility. She was someone that was used to receiving respect. The woman began to speak again, "What we do is of no -" Her words were cut off by one of the Chieftans that came to stand next to her.

He was older than her, silver streaked his own raven hair. The man shared facial features that were so similar to her own, that they had to be related. Cithien looked up at the new comer, an eyebrow raised slightly. He echoed her own words, finishing the thought. His voice was deep and resonating, "What we do is of no concern to you humans."

She smiled at him before Cithien looked back to the humans, her face hard again. "Your assumption that you have a right to enter The Mystic Grove at all is amusing." She crossed her arms over her stomach and tilted her head at him, the gesture oddly predatory. "I suggest that you leave now."
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 04-17-2012, 11:11 PM Reply With Quote  
The Judged

Rezenar watched as another came to meet with the woman. Their facial features seemed so similar and it made Rezenar question if they all were similar in some way. He didn't bother thinking about it once the man came to finish off what Cithien said. Of course, no one would really care about what a person says because it doesn't concern them. Rezenar was far too familiar with this situation.

Their immediate leave was demanded and before he could say anything, Rezenar immediately snapped to one of the scouts that decided to speak up. "You guys didn't even bother thinking about the advantages of Sir James' request! Come on, James! We can take them! Show them your--"

Before the scout could ever finish, Rezenar fully turned to the scout and his demeanor fully became dark. "I believe I don't recall EVER giving you or your company any PERMISSION to speak on behalf of me. Now SILENCE your tongue or your PUNISHMENT will be even more severe." He made sure that specific words got to the scout's ears and watched as the scout scooted back in fear. Rezenar realized the behavior and then his dark stance relaxed-- however, it still lingered on him as he turned to stare at Cithien. She has been doing most, if not all the talking, so did this mean she was their "general" of the army?

"You are also fully aware that you neither have any right to enter into such a place. Or are you going to claim that you do? From last I recall, The Mystic Grove was a place that had no one claim it as its own. It is still free for anyone to conquer it." He turned to his scouts, watched them as they saluted, and then they departed.

Rezenar didn't even think about considering anyone else their "general," but it was a start. If he could figure out a way to draw out the Elven leader, he would be able to plan out a more effective strategy. "The area is still up for grabs. I'm sorry that you desired not to share it, but I'm sure that once we've won and once we've finished our business, we'll give enough pity for you and your people to find the remains of whatever is left of the grove." He mentioned and was well on his way back to his own army.

Eventually, he caught up to the scouts and one in particular... the person who said the name, "James." The scout stared at Rezenar, a bit concerned. "S-Sir? I'm sorry about what happened back there... I shouldn't have used your first name--" Rezenar raised his hand and shook his head. "Don't worry about it. At least remember to call me by my last name, 'Rezenar.' I could've sworn I told everyone of the guard to address me as such."

"About that punishment..." The scout meekly spoke up.

"...What punishment?" Rezenar asked as he paced himself a bit faster than before, a spring in his step and a happy tone in his words. Of course, he was well aware that he was unable to convince his enemies for a truce, but he was pleased enough that there will be at least some fighting involved.
Old Posted 04-17-2012, 11:32 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #7  

Cithien clenched one of her hands into a fist, as her father rested a hand on her shoulder. Her dark eyes never left Lord James Resenar, even as his men interrupted them. This would require drastic measures. No one spoke as the humans walked away, the woman didn't even move until they were back in their camp.

She cursed and went to the largest tent within the camp. It was clear what they would have to do. As she entered the tent she began to speak, even before she knew who was within the tent, "It is clear that we must fight. These humans will not back down."

One of the older Witchdoctors was the first to speak up, "Though your words carry a great amount of weight, we cannot let your anger cloud our judgement." The woman had lighter skin then Cithien, and her hair was completely white. The others within the tent nodded their agreement, even the man that had stood by her side earlier.

She frowned, her dark eyes boring into each of them in turn. "Father, you know they will not let us enter. They assume that they have more right then we do. They are going to allow us to have whatever remains when they take what they want." Though she spoke to her father, her eyes still moved between the others.

"I am sorry," that deep resonating voice was final as her father, Caroth, spoke, "We will not attack the humans yet. If they should move before we do, then we will act accordingly. You are forbidden from taking any actions."

The woman looked ready to spit fire, but she nodded. "Very well, Father." Without another word she went back to stand at the edge of the camp, watching the enemy. She could see them as nothing else. Her mind churned and she knew that she could not obey her father. There was to much at stake.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 04-18-2012, 07:50 PM Reply With Quote  
The Judged

Finally, he and his men arrived back in the camp. A smirk was on Rezenar's face and the captains already knew what was going on... a fight was ensued. However, the captains were concerned and they went to Rezenar. "Sir Rezenar, now is not the time to advance on the Elven camp!" Hearing their words, Rezenar immediately snapped at them. "You were not there to hear their words. Apparently, they won't give up!"

"But that doesn't give you any reason to go and attack them out of the blue!"

"Yet... who's stopping us?" Rezenar answered them. The captains glared at Rezenar, knowing their consequences for their actions. He glared back at them, actually taking time to think on their words. A long period of silence went through the camp as the soldiers sat on the edge of their seats. Finally, Rezenar backed off and the captains were actually shocked from his reaction to it all. They thought they were successful, but the next words that came out of his mouth surprised them all because even his soldiers knew Rezenar would never speak such words during a war. "Alright then. We'll have to wait it out."

Without letting the captains explain themselves, Rezenar walked out of the camp and stood at the edge, staring at the Elven camp from afar. His mind started to wander, curious to see if they were planning on attacking them anytime soon. There was movement, but not enough to tell what they were doing. Knowing full well that he was held back to fight, Rezenar decided to go off to Mystic Grove. He wasn't planning on doing any self-exploration... in fact, he was just going to walk around the perimeter of the area they were going to enter into once they've won this ridiculous war.

Honestly, he saw no reason for them to fight-- Humans and Elves. For all he cared, they could've just went in and shared the land. Apparently, it was too "special" of a place for the Elves to fight for. Eventually, he reached the edge of the grove. The appearance was eye-catching and it made Rezenar realize why they weren't fighting in the grove in the first place. It was too beautiful of a place to become corrupted from war. His feet started carrying him around the area and he seemed to appear to have no cares in the world.
Old Posted 04-18-2012, 10:20 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #9  

Cithien watched the human camp for what felt like hours. Her anger did not lessen. If anything it grew ten fold as her mind replayed the humans idiotic assumptions again and again. Finally, she had to leave her vigil. The woman knew that if she did not take her mind from them, the hate would poison her.

The only place she could even consider trying to relax was the shoreline of a small lake that was partially within The Mystic Grove. It was peaceful, the lapping of the water soothing. She was there in moments. The first thing she did on arrival was insure that no one else was present, Human or Elf.

Once she was certain that she was alone, she laid her staff by her side and settled in a cross legged position on the shoreline. For a time she simply watched the ripples that fish made in the water. Once she felt she could focus her mind on something other then her rage Cithien rested her hands on her knees and closed her eyes. Her back was blade straight, and her body was stone still.

In her mind she was far away from the battle field, with a man that she was suppose to marry. It was happier times and she always found herself revisiting the night, so many years ago, that they shared their first kiss. She knew then that he was the only man for her. The memories felt faded, and like the lie they were at times. Still, a small smile spread on her lips as she remembered him.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 04-19-2012, 10:38 PM Reply With Quote  
The Judged

It was something about Mystic Grove's beauty that made Rezenar wonder why a tomb would be in the middle of it all in the first place. Sure, the view was breath taking... but for some odd reason, it didn't add up in his mind. There have been numerous reports regarding people going insane and talking in what felt like strange riddles. He knew there had to be an explanation, but he couldn't put his finger on it.

Eventually, he reached a specific part of the grove that had a small lake. It was the first time he saw such an area and it made him all the more interested in the grove, himself. However, he stopped and immediately hid behind a tree when his eyes glanced at a figure that was sitting by the lake bank. Whoever that person was, they were here without warning or any type of consent. How did this person slip through his army's sight? It didn't matter. What mattered at that moment was that he had to drag them out of the area and quickly before they get subdued into insanity themselves.

After he let his hands feel around his cloak, he felt a hood at the back and the pulled it over his head. Rezenar was disappointed at the fact he really couldn't see a thing because it covered his eyesight, but at least he was able to fix the hood up to where his eyes are hidden, yet he's still able to see wherever he walked. Silently, he started sneaking towards the figure.
Old Posted 04-19-2012, 10:47 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #11  

She was so lost in her meditation, in her memories, that she had no idea that someone was advancing on her. Her eyes remained closed, and all she could hear was the lapping water and the distant sound of her long lost love.

Cithien did not move an inch the entire time he snuck towards her. Though, as he drew closer to her, he would be able to hear a sound that might have been a sniffle. Her mind had turned, without warning, to a tragic scene that she tried so hard to forget. Tears spilled from her closed eyes, and her hands clenched into helpless fists on her knees.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 04-19-2012, 11:15 PM Reply With Quote  
The Judged

There he was above her and ready to strike, but a small sound stopped him. Was that a sniffle coming from her? Such a sound was soft and yet he was able to hear it. Quietly, he turned to see the front of her only to find her in a state of what appeared to be shock. She couldn't have been shocked because of him because if she was, she would've immediately reacted to his presence. Something was odd and it was causing Rezenar to automatically question what in blazing hell was going on.

'She's not going mad... is she?!' He immediately thought in shock. If she truly was, Rezenar was fighting with his mind internally whether he should leave her and watch her rot away and become an insane person, or he could be generous and help her out. Now that he thought of it, he could might as well do that. If he was able to help her, maybe she can help him in the future. Adding all this up, Rezenar finally concluded that such an action was going to be very beneficial.

Without anymore thinking, his hands immediately went to her shoulders in hopes that her eyes would shoot open."Hey! Snap out of it!" Rezenar said, sounding different than before. His voice was definitely his voice-- but the tone has been mixed in hopes that he would sound like someone else. Even if that didn't work, he knew how he was going to explain himself to her. If all else fails... well... he would just have to kill her and erase all evidence of such a murder.
Old Posted 04-19-2012, 11:25 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #13  

Her eyes did shoot open as soon as his hands touched her. What he saw in her eyes would not be madness, but instead anger and deep emotional pain. She practically growled at him, and immediately began trying to pull his hands off of shoulders. "What are you doing?!"

She did not bother trying to wipe the tears away, more were coming, "Get your filthy hands off of me, James." If looks could kill, then he would have died where he stood. Those dark eyes of her burned with hatred. Not just for him, but for all of his people.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 04-19-2012, 11:44 PM Reply With Quote  
The Judged

Well, he realized his cover was blown. What amused him though was that she recognized him even with the cloak on. He didn't say anything because the only thing in his mind at that moment was the look in her eyes-- both anger and emotional pain. Right now, he could tell he was experiencing the anger from her, but his mind continued to wander has he questioned why she felt such pain.

"I'll let you off for calling me by my first name just because you're not aware of my policy. From now on, I ask that you call me by my last name... Rezenar." Rezenar mentioned, backing off a bit as a chuckle came up after his words. He fixed his robe and he seemed a bit more calm and relax in comparison to her hate. Yes, he could feel her glare stinging to him, but he wasn't going to move just yet. After all, she wasn't attacking him yet, was she?

He started pondering a bit with arms crossed and his dark eyes staring at Cithien with curiosity more than anything. "Is that any way to thank your 'savior,' miss? After all, from the looks of it, you were practically crying. Now that you've gotten your attention on me, you don't have to recall that horrible thought that you were thinking a few seconds ago." He said as Rezenar looked for a place to put himself down on. If this was going to be a fight, he was going to have fun taunting her while just sitting and blocking all attacks she could throw at him-- of course, he has to be aware of them before actually blocking them. "So... what brings you here to the Mystic Grove? Your people have already decided to jump in here without warning?"

...Now that he gave mention to it, he realized there was really no one else around other than them two.
Old Posted 04-20-2012, 12:24 AM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #15  

"You should learn to mask your voice better, James." The words came out filled with scorn, and she pointedly used his first name after being asked not to. The Elf pushed herself to her feet, picking the spear up with it. Her eyes never left him and she took several steps back.

"Clearly you have no understanding of what my people are. I suppose I should forgive you for that. Few of your people have ever bothered to learn." She frowned at him as he called himself her savior and mentioned that she had been crying. Cithien practically growled at him in response, "My pain is no joke, human!" She wiped her eyes roughly to rid herself of the tears.

"You are no savior of mine." With that she hefted her spear and threw it at him full force while crying out in her native tongue. The words were unintelligible, being more of a cry of rage then anything.

The Elves in her camp could hear it, and they knew what it meant. Her voice echoed across the battle field, even reaching the humans ears. Though the humans had no understanding of what that cry meant, they did understand what they saw in the Elves camp. They were preparing for battle now. They would fight whether the humans were ready or not.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 04-20-2012, 08:10 PM Reply With Quote  
The Judged

The fact that she was using his first name made Rezenar angry, but he was still amused. Of course she wouldn't listen to him because she was his enemy, so why bother doing as requested? Her words of forgiveness for his lack of knowledge of her kind didn't phase him because he, himself, was not aware of their kind until now. Honestly, he doesn't even know if the other troops were familiar with the Elves more than he was.

And since when did he want to laugh at her pain? From the bottom of his heart, he seriously thought he should at least get a thank-you for something he was able to stop. After all, thinking about the past was literally a sin in Rezenar's book. Why think of something that has already happened?"I think we've come to a misunderstanding-- WOAH!"

She definitely caught him off guard because he could see the tip of her spear going to his chest. Her accuracy must be amazing, considering that it was pointing straight to the left side of his body-- the place where his heart was. Quickly, his left arm raised up to attempt to catch the spear, but it wasn't quick enough. A sharp stab was felt, but it wasn't deep enough to penetrate his heart-- he did feel a tingling sensation, however, of pain surging through. A smirk appeared on Rezenar's face as he took the spear into his hands.

He thought it would be genius to say that she was armless, but even an idiot wouldn't come prepared without some type of backup. With force, he broke the spear into two and twirled it in his left hand. It has become his weapon now. In his right hand, he pulled out a large double-edged sword. It's size appeared as if it was necessary to carry it with two hands, but he seemed to be holding it with one. Rezenar twirled it and now, the blade of the sword was behind rather than forward.

"I don't know what the hell you said, but it was loud... A bit sad that you had to call on your own people to help you fight. What, you can't fight on your own? Pity." He mentioned as he charged towards Cithien with spear being thrust forward. His right hand was ready to swipe forward to let the blade block if necessary. Even if she wasn't going to attack, the blade was going to make up for it with another attack. A thrust and a slash... A thrust and a defense... either way, he was going to fight with the upper-hand.

Meanwhile, back at the human camp, the captains and the soldiers were already scrambling out of the area and towards the Elves after getting themselves ready to fight. That strange cry in the air was awkward and they really had no idea what it meant. The last thing they thought up was that it was a cry for help, but they were at war. Any sign could mean anything. Even if it wasn't a cry for help, they would be more than relieved after going after the Elves and finally taking them down.
Old Posted 04-20-2012, 08:32 PM Reply With Quote