Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #33  
Evan woke up exhausted to the bone. It wasn't physical exhaustion as much as it was bone weary mental exhaustion.
Try as he may, sleep eluded him, and his mind kept going over the Princes words from the day before.
He sat at the breakfast table, barely touching his food. He moved it around his plate with a silver fork, and feigned a smile and listened politely to the Queen speak.
His mind began to wander to thoughts of his sister. He wondered how she was doing.

(Be right back, have to put daughter to bed)
Last edited by Auspicious Happenings; 10-24-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old Posted 10-24-2011, 10:37 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
he noticed that when noon came around and the morning meal was provided the boy ate as a woman should. he was happy enough that the other realized the importance of going through with the farce.
Last edited by littl3chocobo; 10-24-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old Posted 10-24-2011, 10:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #35  
Looking up from his plate, he shot Alric a quick glance and noted that the Prince looked happier today than yesterday. A bit of the anxiety that felt as if it was buried in his chest lifted.
It would be much easier to carry on this act if the Prince wasn't angry at him.
Evan sat in lady like silence and waited to be excused from the table.
Last edited by Auspicious Happenings; 10-25-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old Posted 10-24-2011, 10:49 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
when the women all left to go to the women's quarters to eat he saw the boy break away. he excused himself and followed after. when the male stopped he realized they were back in the halls leading to the garden. he came up behind and reached over the other as he tried to open the door. the prince spead his fingers over the wood and leaned down slightly as the other spin around and hit the door in surprise "what are you doing?" he asked
Last edited by littl3chocobo; 10-25-2011 at 12:24 AM.
Old Posted 10-24-2011, 11:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #37  
Evan nearly jumped out of his skin. He spun around with wide eyes. "Y-Your Highness" he stammered.
His face colored at the Princes close proximity, and he shook his head as if to clear his head. "I-Is there something you need from me?" he asked in a nervous and soft tone.
Old Posted 10-25-2011, 12:33 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
he repeated himself a little bit louder "i asked what you were doing" he looked down at the other from the end of his nose
Old Posted 10-25-2011, 12:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #39  
"I-I was going to the gardens... I'm not feeling very well" he admitted.
In fact, he was feeling very feverish right now, and the heavy silk of the gown wasn't helping him any.
Old Posted 10-25-2011, 01:00 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
he frowned. "you were going to my personal garden. only the gardeners and myself are allowed in my garden do you understand it is m-" he was interrupted as the other slumped to the floor. his frowned deepened, he lifted up the now unconscious child. he thought of taking the other to the leecher but it was too far away and it would not do to have him carrying around his betrothed the day before they wee to be married. instead he decided to go out to the gardens in hopes that the sun and ai would help bring the other around. he maneuvered the heavy silk through the door and carried the other to the middle of the garden laying him out in the greenery. he stared at the other for a minute or more before it occurred to him that maybe it was the garment causing the other to faint, his brother talked all the time of women in various stages of undress. he reached around under the back of the panels in the boy's dress and popped several buttons giving him access to the strings of the stays. he pulled them apart enough to let the other breathe. as soon as he did the child took a deep ragged breath and color began to come back to his face ruining the lovely pallor from before
Old Posted 10-25-2011, 01:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #41  
He wasn't sure what had happened, but his eyes suddenly snapped open.
The Prince was leaning over him, and it took a few moments for Evan to realize that his dress had been opened.
He flushed violently.
"W-What... I don't" he stammered, truly and utterly confused as to the turn of events.
He had heard rumors about the Prince being a sly Casanova of sorts.
Surely he hadn't meant to have his way with Evan right here in the gardens. Why, it was unlikely... He was a man as well...
A remnant wave of dizziness and confusion washed over the smaller male, and he felt his head thump back against the ground.
Last edited by Auspicious Happenings; 10-25-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old Posted 10-25-2011, 01:25 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
he pulled his hand away as the boy woke up then promptly fainted again. he figured then that it was not the dress at all though it obviously did not help. at a loss for what else to do he stood up and left the garden, as he passed by a female maid he directed her to the garden to fetch out the boy. he figured this would spark numerous rumors but it was better than nothing at all. he left to go to the stables, it was time for him to over-see the marshal as he directed the knights and horses and pages. he did not look back to see if the maid understood
Last edited by littl3chocobo; 10-25-2011 at 01:38 AM.
Old Posted 10-25-2011, 01:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #43  
"Wake up Milady" Constance hissed,nudging Evan to consciousness.
He blinked and looked around. "The Prince... " he began. Constance nodded.
" He showed me to where you lay, you must have fainted" Constance said, as she reached out to touch Evans forehead. She drew back with a slight frown. "You've got a wee touch of a fever" she noted.
Sighing, Evan allowed her to help him to his feet.
" I didn't sleep well last night" he admitted.
" A chest came in from your Mother today" Constance announced, as they walked quietly back to his quarters, once the door was opened, the chest was within sight.
It was a large chest made of red oak, and had settings made of brass.
"It is probably your wedding gown" Constance noted, as Evan wordlessly sank to his knees to open the chest.
It was indeed the wedding gown.
It was a gorgeous creme and gold colored gown with quarter length sleeves, composed of heavy silk, velvet and taffeta. The skirt was slashed to reveal pale green silk, which was pulled through and pinned in place with small emeralds.
A french wheel would help produce a large hoop skirt, and a heavy duty corset made with whale bone would give him the ultimately geometric form that was all the rage these days.
The dress was embellished with gold threading and fresh water pearls, the neck was modest and high cut, with a neck ruff made from stiff lace.
Inside the chest, accompanying his dress was also a set of creme colored shoes made of the finest silk, a long strand of pearls, and a set of pearl earrings.
Even as a man, Evans breath became caught in his throat as he lifted the contents out of the chest as if they were made from the tears of God.
His throat tightened.
Would he really be able to go through with this wedding...?
So much of him was terrified that he'd screw it all up.
Old Posted 10-25-2011, 01:56 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
(oh good job^^ your dress is nearly perfect)

when he finally returned from the stables he went to ask about the child. no one seemed to know but he was told instead that a chest had come in no more than an hour earlier and it looked to be a linen trunk. he ignored the useless information and left for the boy's quarters. when he knocked on the door noone answered, knocking again had the same result so in a fit of incivility he let himself in, as far as he was concerned it was /his/ wife he was visiting and short of his brother noone had more authority than he.
Old Posted 10-25-2011, 02:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #45  
( The Elizabethan era gowns are so pretty, but probably a pain to wear).
Both Constance and Evan swung around to face the sound of someone entering the room.
Both paled nearly white as a sheet as they took in the sight of the Prince standing there.
"Y-Your highness!" Constance stammered, bowing her head low, and avoiding eye contact with the man.
Evan was torn between bowing as well, or making sure that the gown stayed immaculate.
Such hard decisions.
Carefully setting the gown to the side, he rose gracefully to his feet, and executed a curtsy that would have put most of the women at Court to shame. " Your Highness, forgive me... I did not hear you knock" he said gently.
Old Posted 10-25-2011, 02:19 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
he stared the other down "i am sure" he did not turn towards her but his words were intimidating enough "woman, leave now."
Old Posted 10-25-2011, 02:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #47  
Constance spared Evan a lingering and almost pitying gaze, but did as she was told and left the room without a word.
Evan felt suddenly very nervous, and began to fiddle with his hands, trying to avoid the Princes gaze.
" How may I be of use to you Your Highness..?" he stammered.
Old Posted 10-25-2011, 02:25 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
his face remained stern and commanding but his voice lost some of it's edge. "you were unwell before. you are alright now?" he did turn away for it would be a sign of surrender but he felt somewhat ashamed for wanting to know. he covered it well with his next comment "you cannot fulfill your end of the bargain if you fall ill."
Old Posted 10-25-2011, 02:29 AM Reply With Quote