Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Icy Footed
Default   #1057  
Forced happy makes my heart sink. :] And makes my fists want to meet contact with smiles.

I'm so tired...>-> coulda just stood in bed, but nope...I just had to get up and leave. If flu season hits earlier than expected, I'm sorry, >->; I'm likely contributing to the spreading of illness...

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 09-30-2019, 11:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Am so hungry ;-;

And I don't have much money...
I don't have a license either. But thankfully there are some restaurants nearby.

I just don't feel like walking ;n;
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 09-30-2019, 08:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #1059  
Do you ever get this certain urge for chinese food in the middle of the night? Well, I do. *eyes empty fridge*
Old Posted 09-30-2019, 08:30 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
eating out is expensive tho. i think u save more money by prepping ur own meals. rice, beans, corn, and bananas are generally cheap.

anyway i'm on day 1 of abstaining from takeouts. today my intake was: a bottle of coconut water. cup of greek yogurt. a bavarian bismark. half a pre-made roasted chicken. typing this out, i realized i had no fiber, no fish, or fruit, and none of them are actually full meals. might pass out by day 3 lmao. ughhghhg how to cook? i relied too heavily on takeouts n now im big baby. :,(

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 09-30-2019, 08:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #1061  
I try to meal plan, I tend to plan out for three to four days,
But then when the 4th day comes, I'm always like, "damn! I have nothing to eat!"

It's hard for me also because I'm vegetarian and I'm usually pretty busy most of the week.
I don't have a lot of time to sit down and cook. And when I do, I get bored with the food I've cooked if it lasts more than four days. >n<

I'm eating some pho right now.
It's good... but I'm too full ;n;

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 09-30-2019, 08:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Also,
Why are you fasting, bluebird?
:o

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 09-30-2019, 09:00 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #1063  
yeah planning the schedule and shopping for ingredients also takes time.

because broke |D

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 09-30-2019, 09:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
When I go grocery shopping, I generally focus on a "few" certain things:
-Tortillas
-Eggs
-Sliced cheese
-Frozen veggies
-Microwave rice (like... Uncle Ben's)
-Frozen meat (for example, frozen/fridge bbq pulled pork)
-TV dinners
-Canned soup
-Popcorn
-Pasta and pasta sauce
-Spam (a... recent development)

If you have the veggies, rice, and meat, it's really easy to just stick all three in the microwave and dump stuff into a bowl, and, ta-da, a healthy, relatively balanced meal. Stick the rest in the fridge. I eat a *lot* and one microwave bag each of veggies and meat lasts me at least two meals. (Rice lasts me one, but like I said, I eat a lot.)

You can use the leftovers as a second meal, or make a few omelettes (I generally use leftovers plus rice and tear up the sliced cheese as stuffing). Quesadillas are an option too. Or burritos.

If you have enough spoons to actually cook, make a bowl of pasta and dump the leftovers in there, either with/out sauce. If you don't have leftovers, put some pasta sauce in a bowl, cut up some spam and stick that in the bowl, cover and pop the thing into the microwave for half a minute, and dump the pasta in.

My go-to depression snack is, slap a tortilla down on a plate, mentally divide it into quadrants, put two slices of cheese on the upper quadrants, fold it up into fourths, and bam, you've got a... cheese tortilla-wich. I once had a pack of sliced smoked salmon, and another time had a bag of sliced salami, and made *fancy* tortilla-wiches.

TV dinners and canned soup are for when you just really don't have time.

Popcorn is a fuck-everything sort of meal. Not terrible unhealthy, but there's also basically zero nutrition. But sometimes you just want popcorn for dinner and that's fine.

This post has been brought to you by Espy's Terrible Eating Habits (But They're Getting Better!)
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 09-30-2019, 10:19 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #1065  
this post is so awesome i thought i was in the wrong thread. the list and procedure is immensely helpful, and a great starting point. really appreciate it. Thanks!!!

when i shopped with my mom, we'd buy whatever fresh produce was on sale, and then improvise recipes from that. wish i paid more attention to her seasonings and methodology because all i did was prep work like a b0t, and she did all the cooking.
new daily awful: i miss my mom

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 09-30-2019, 11:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
-meep-

still not... on talking terms w my parents. i can tell they want to talk to me but. i can't. my brain just can't yet. i want to but i can't.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-01-2019, 01:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #1067  
I've spent so much money on eating out over the last couple weeks... like... really, really bad. I've been so overworked at my job because of everything going crazy that I haven't had the time to do grocery shopping or the energy to prepare meals. And I'm not even getting overtime pay for this because I'm salaried... ._.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-01-2019, 10:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
My daily awful is that I had to wash my hair unexpectedly today...
It doesn’t sound that bad, but when you’ve got loads of curly hair, it’s at least a 3-4 hour commitment
It used to be an all-day thing for me, by now I’ve figured out what products work best in this California dryness

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 10-01-2019, 05:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixel Gremlin
Default   #1069  
Don't have to deal with curly hair if you shave your head. Life pro tips from my sunburned head to yers.
Old Posted 10-01-2019, 06:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixel Gremlin
I don't think my new job is going to work out. :/
Old Posted 10-01-2019, 09:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #1071  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
Don't have to deal with curly hair if you shave your head. Life pro tips from my sunburned head to yers.
I've had my head shaved once before...
Honestly, I loved it. But it didn't suit me very well. ;-;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
I don't think my new job is going to work out. :/
Oh no! :(
I'm sorry it might not work out.

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 10-01-2019, 09:40 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Today they announced that they are changing the way that management both at a store and district level is structured at work. They are eliminating one of our in store assistant managers and four district positions. It means some people I care about are suddenly finding their jobs going away and with little certainty what that means for their roles in the company.

I am worried about them. I am not really so worried about myself, since department managers within the stores themselves are not being altered at this time... but it makes me nervous what else will change in the coming months.
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 10-01-2019, 09:40 PM Reply With Quote