Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

We're all mad here.
Default Across the Universe   #1  
I adore this movie. Anyone else seen it? I was actually not that aware of what songs the Beatles had sung prior to watching this movie (and playing the Beatles version of Rock Band) but I loved how they were worked together in the movie.

To be honest, I find I care less for the plot than for the songs and the visuals. It's fun to just watch and listen too without really paying too much attention to what it happening as far as the characters go. I'm especially fond of the takes on "I Wanna Hold Your Hand." "Let it Be" and "Across the Universe." I love the visuals in "I Want You."

I don't own a single Beatles album but I love the soundtrack from this movie. I used to plug it in while studying as much for something to stare at now and then as for the music.

What do other people thing of it?
Old Posted 07-03-2011, 02:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Aigoo!
I have seen it but I didn't like it very much.
Old Posted 07-07-2011, 11:55 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #3  
Care to share why not? As I mentioned, I'm not actually fond of the movie plotwise,, but I like how the music and visuals are done.
Old Posted 07-07-2011, 09:46 PM Reply With Quote  
writing machine in bad repair
I thought it was alright, but just "alright". I suppose that has something to do with the fact that I have the Beatles albums and listen to the songs already, so cover versions that are very similar to the way the Beatles made them (or Joe Cocker, in the case of the "With A Little Help From My Friends" Beatles/Cocker stylistic mash-up) just bore me.

That being said, the very different ones - like the gospel rendition of "Let It Be" - were wonderful. I also liked the slow-tempo version of "I Want To Hold Your Hand".

Old Posted 07-08-2011, 09:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Aigoo!
Default   #5  
Sorry I don't remember much I watched it a while ago. But I don't really enjoy musical movies all that much. I watched it because someone I met online said they really enjoyed it so I thought I would give it a try or I probably would never have watched it in the first place.
Old Posted 07-08-2011, 10:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Flawless Victory
I am going to be watching it for the first time tonight. C:
Old Posted 07-08-2011, 06:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Aigoo!
Default   #7  
Old Posted 07-08-2011, 08:34 PM Reply With Quote