Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #81  
Wait. Apple discontinued Safari for Windows?

Blah. Safari 5 on Windows was actually good.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-06-2012, 10:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
Yep, they discontinued it, at least for new versions. Can still download the last version they released though. I think it's the semi same rationale as was used for Windows discontinuing Internet Explorer on Mac OS.
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 11-06-2012, 11:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #83  
I talked to a friend of mine who works at Apple. They haven't made any OFFICIAL statement that it's discontinued, so I suppose it would be more accurate to call it abandoned.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-07-2012, 11:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
True, that would be better to state.
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 11-07-2012, 12:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Grand
Default   #85  
I use Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera and Google Chrome and I like them all in there own specific way, so I have no reason to compare them. When one gives me trouble, I simply use another one and I feel that all four of them are needed; because I may want to use all four of them for different things or use which ever one meets my personal preference at the time.

I have yet to use Safari, but from what I have read, I probably will never use it and it is not because I feel it is a bad browser; it is because from what I have read, it may not be getting the support it needs anymore, from the operating system I use.
Old Posted 11-07-2012, 06:18 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I like the little website names turning green when I've typed in an address. Helps me spot typos or if I'm off in what I'm looking for. Small details but small details rule!
Old Posted 11-08-2012, 12:24 AM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Default   #87  
I have never really tried anything except for Google Chrome, so I feel okay with it xD
Quest_for_Tea_Time_Set
[18,000/35,250]
Old Posted 11-10-2012, 05:09 PM Reply With Quote  
She Who Is Unnecessarily Formal At Times
I use mainly Chrome and Firefox. I just grew into this habit, don't remember how that happened.

I'm quite busy lately. I may poof for several days at a time.
Old Posted 11-14-2012, 03:27 AM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #89  
I tried Chrome but it was weird. It kept opeing things in new tabs instead of new windows or just in the same window and I couldn't figure out why ^_^* I really don't like using tabs at all... Chrome also had this thing where it had a spare tab at the top of the screen at all times. which of course I was never going to use. So it just bugged me. I uninstalled it after a couple of days.

I use Firefox mostly, but it's been running worse and worse with every release, I swear. So I've actually found myself on IE more and more, weirdly.
Old Posted 11-24-2012, 02:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Heh, IE is the only browser out there that HASN'T moved to tabs-by-default. Which is sort of ironic, because Windows 7 is the OS that benefits from it most. But fortunately IE9 isn't terrible and IE10 may actually be good.

Old Posted 11-24-2012, 03:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #91  
IE's all the way at version 10 now? :O
Wow...

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 11-24-2012, 08:51 AM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
...my Firefox doesn't' have tabs by default. I think I turned it off somewhere, but I couldn't find such an option in Chrome (or, for that matter, many options at all, which was irritating).
Old Posted 11-24-2012, 05:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Confused
Default   #93  
Yeah, more recent versions of Firefox had tabs by default, but the option to get rid of them. I use tabs, but it would even annoy me if the choice wasn't there, because I kind of hate when things remove choices from you. It's like they refuse to allow people to have their own opinions, or to acknowledge that not everybody likes the same thing.
Old Posted 11-24-2012, 05:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Magic
FireFox all the way ^.^
Old Posted 12-09-2012, 12:05 AM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Default   #95  
I use Chrome by default. Sometimes I use Firefox. I use IE once in a blue moon, I prefer not to use it...since I've found it is kind of...icky and uses too many resources in comparison to Chrome for me.
Old Posted 12-09-2012, 10:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Fish Princess
i use mostly chrome ans safari as default browsers since both of them are fast for me. used to use firefox and IE but they became slow for me lately.
Old Posted 12-12-2012, 12:48 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
chrome, firefox, internet explorer, opera, safari