Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wanderer
Default --The Arena--||COMMENCE BATTLE||   #1  
The Arena -- a casual fighting RP.

Since I get easily angered, I decided that a fighting-based RP, something similar to, say, Street Fighter, would be a nice thing to take my frustrations out on.

...Or rather, the opponent my character has.

See, The Arena doesn't have set storyline, or much of a storyline at all. There are no complicated character profiles. There are honorable battles, dishonorable battles, grand deaths, not-so-grand deaths, a decent amount of bloodshed, occasional backstabbing, and lots of...well, fighting. It's a place for you to vent your frustrations (or in my case, my rather sadistic waves of anger).

So head inside and satisfy your bloodlust...sadistic whims! ...I think that's what I meant.

----

Anyone can join this RP at any time, provided they have read the rules and guidelines. Feel free to jump into the middle of a battle.
Last edited by Espy; 06-10-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old Posted 06-10-2013, 12:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Rules:
-Follow the Trisphee TOS.
-Don't get too sidetracked in your OOC comments ((which should be in parentheses and a different color than your main post)).
-Don't bring outside arguments or grudges into the Arena.
-It's an RP. Any fighting in here is strictly for fun.
-Above all, RESPECT EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ROLEPLAYER.

RP Guidelines:

-The first person to start the next fight scenario can choose the setting. He/She must also include a description or a picture of it before the RP content.

-Please try to integrate a description of your character (height, which can be important, clothing, weapons unless they're concealed, etc) into the first post he/she is RP'ed in. If you're including a picture, that should probably go before the RP content, preferably in spoilers.

-Battles will be fought until one (or no) person is left. In the case of one survivor, the RPer gets to decide the setting and whether he/she is using the same character.

-When bringing in new characters, please make a better entrance than "[Character 1] materialized five feet above [Character 2], unsheathing a curved katana as he fell. (Seriously, that just ain't fair.)

-Don't be afraid to send characters to their demise -- the Arena isn't exactly set in the "real" world, so I, for one, am not going to count character deaths as official. (Even if I did, I have well over 100 characters to use...)

-Use the environment to your advantage, especially if you're the first post-er.

-Please RP characters that fit into the setting. For example, if the setting happens to be a dense forest permeated with magic, don't RP a hi-tech mecha hellbent on destroying the world. If the setting is feudal Japan, a rogue gunslinger would feel rather out of place.

-Do not god-mod(e).

-Also, try to not have your character inexplicably gain a new power when they're in dire straits.
-HAVE SOME FUN.
Last edited by Espy; 06-10-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old Posted 06-10-2013, 12:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #3  
Current Setting:
N/A

Current Combatants:
N/A
Old Posted 06-10-2013, 12:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Reserved and OPEN for posting.
Old Posted 06-10-2013, 12:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Your Friendly Neighborhood Lurker
Default   #5  

Daybreak, The cold air wisped through the forest like a thread through a needle, The Sun barely peaking it's watchful eye through the trees, A man dressed in red in blacks with 2 fox like tails of the same color steps into the forest, his stance terrifying and his determination to kill even more so.. The man looked to the trees his ears twitching from near by footsteps. "Alright, Come on out, I know you are there, There is no need to hide.." The man placed a hand on the hilt of his trade katana his sharpened fox like fangs bared, the man hissed once more. "I said come out, Or I will kill you now.."
"Cause I've been falling apart in the pouring rain"

"I'm waging war on myself. A captive causality"

""

"Traded a merciful heart for a murderer�s brain
But now I curse what's in my head
Because I can't stop seeing red"
Last edited by Natsunaine; 06-14-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Old Posted 06-13-2013, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
((I don't have a picture, sooo. Also, Sain is his last name; I have yet to think of a decent first name for this guy. Yes, he's the character I made for Insulam. Stormfraught is the name of the broadsword, very much like this one, except in dark red and black, shorter, and wider, and has belts zigzagging around it so that its templar energy doesn't weaken Sain.))
Sain scowled from behind a particularly wide oak, pulling the hood of his long, tattered, black mantled cloak down further with a gloved hand. The two small plates glinted in the slight sunlight.

Dammit.

He could smell something strange about this man, even from thirty feet away. It seemed demonic, but not in the same sense as the Taint. Nevertheless, he reached for the handle of Stormfraught with his left arm, which was completely encased in metal plate armor. Finding it strapped safely to his back, he slowly walked out from the cover of the tree, blowing his long black hair out of his eyes.

"You reek of something...demonic."
Old Posted 06-14-2013, 02:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #7  
Lance tried to hold back the laughter that was cluttering his throat as the other accused him of being a "Demonic", But it couldn't be helped a small chuckled broke the awkward tension. "You obviously have never seen a foxkin, Who are you why are you following me?" Lance still cautious to the situation kept an eye on the strange looking sword the other kept on his person.

""

Old Posted 06-15-2013, 03:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
((I should mention that Sain has to say a quick incantation to undo the belts and activate the sword's templar/exorcising energy. His father didn't have to, but when he was alive/owned the sword, it didn't have the belts -- Sain asked a sorcerer to put them on because he didn't want to get killed by the power (which would have been release just from sensing Sain's demonic traits nearby). On the purely physical level, the sword is pretty harmless -- it CAN be used as a shield or a club, but the edges aren't sharp. Once the bindings are off, though, it emanates an aura that can cut through anything demonic and extends a good distance beyond the physical blade. Obviously, Sain needs to be really damn careful around it, or his life is forfeit. It also drains his energy and tires him out, because swinging the sword requires his own, plus the demonic, strength, and he physically a bit weak.

Lance, on the other hand, has nothing to fear. All the thing would do is...like...bruise him.))

"I've seen many Foxkin, but you're more bloodthirsty than most." He had thought the man was a demon. Well, this is...embarrassing. But he still seemed...dangerous. I wonder if he's hiding some sort of Taint in him.

Under the cloak, demonic energy swirled around his right hand, ready to counter the strange Foxkin in case he attacked.
Old Posted 06-16-2013, 04:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #9  
Listening the the others words the man simply smiled with a passionate blood thirst swirling in the reds of his eyes. "Well, You see, Since I was young, I have done nothing but kill and hunt, I am a most famous mercenary where I am from." Being the cocky, and mildly annoying person lance was, He began once again gloating of his reputation. "I have spilt the blood of thousands, Slaughtered armys, Survived the government rebellion, and the mercenary partnership of one mute wolf... I am the Slaughtering Kitsune, May whatever god you prayer too have mercy on your soul..."

Without a second thought Lance quickly withdrew his sword from its sheath sliding his tongue carefully across it. "I will not hold back like I have before, Usually I try to keep my insanity to a minimum around large crowds, But since you are the only one here... I feel the need to unwind a bit.. "Prepare yourself, HERE I COME!" Leaning forward into a sprint towards the other Lance held his sword outwards as if it were an extension of his arm, Swinging it viciously towards the newcomer letting it bend and twist with the movements of his wrist.

((You pretty much know already everything you need to know about lance, Though this is his true form, meaning all his original abilities are in tact, He has the ability to use his inner energy to Etch certain phrases in Foxkin writing along his blade that give him boosts in that area, But with the sacrifice of another.

For example : He can boost his strength, but his defense become extremely weak and he is often caught of guard because he is a lot slower."

I took this ability away in the rebellion rp, because of his lycanthrope capabilities..))

""

Old Posted 06-16-2013, 05:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Without hesitation, Sain flicked his wrist and threw forward a glob of dark red magic. It hit the foxkin's sword and all but dissipated into a cloudy blood-hued mess, and Sain cringed.

Not exactly what he had been expecting.

He swung his right arm up again, arcing it up to the left, and pushed out a solid, pulsating red wall in an attempt to stop the blade.

Sain scoffed. "'Whatever god I pray to?'" I don't need the blessing of some grandly revered deity to guide my hand.
((Short post is short!))
Old Posted 06-17-2013, 01:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #11  
In a quick second Lance though on his feet, Throwing his sharply bladed sword into the ground in front of the new wall, that seemed to appear from no where. A magic user huh? This is going to be a blast. As Lance began to approach the wall and the sword he had thrown, He quickly jumped to the hilt of his blade slamming his right foot down onto it, releasing the spring blade in his boot.

Lance used the hilt as a leverage to vault over the wall and down towards the newcomer below, Spinning into a flying kick towards the man below. Lance smiled and made one of his famous smart ass remarks. "How should I know? Do I look like a clergyman?"

""

Old Posted 06-18-2013, 06:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
...Joy.

Sain looked up and groaned. Why must I fight against a monkey? To make another shield would require too much energy, so he quickly undid a strap near his waist, allowing the massive sword to swing upwards, pivoting on his left shoulder. He ducked and hoped Stormfraught would smack the foxkin senseless, or at least catch him in the groin.

Which would be an amusing outcome, he mused, as he started to gather up another ball of magic.
Old Posted 06-18-2013, 02:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #13  
Crap...

As the Lance came down to strike he quickly met the blunt end of the others sword, He winced thinking that the sword would make quick mince meat out of him, but instead sent him quickly flying towards the ground with a groan. "You know your supposed to sharpen those things right?" Lance quickly jumped to his feet gripping his sword tightly into his hand he began to focus his energy as he met eye to eye with is opponent. "Oh, I never got your name, My name is Lance."

He was clearly stalling for time, in order for his powers to kick in. "Nice Ball of. .. erm.. Coloring dye?"

((Your post made me laugh so much xD))

""

Last edited by Natsunaine; 06-18-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old Posted 06-18-2013, 05:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Sharpen the blade?

"It's impossible." He swiveled around and charged at "Lance", hurtling the ball of "coloring dye" at his opponent. As for his name...that was something that didn't need to be revealed. It was a miracle that Lance hadn't already recognized the sword -- fortunately for Sain, Marcus Sain hadn't been one of the very elite Templars, and the sword had been tinted blood red and black after the incident.

For all anyone knew, his son was as dead as he was.
Old Posted 06-20-2013, 12:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #15  
Well, This was a situation, Lance was in a pickle, at least with most of his opponents he could distract them long enough to gain energy, but, Lance would have to settle with dodging attacks while waiting... Though it wouldn't be long..

As the 'Coloring dye' had been thrown his direction Lance ran straight towards it, Probably wasn't the best idea but it was an idea, At the last second before the attack hit. Lance dropped to his knees a slid in a diagonal towards the stranger left shoulder getting seared by the attacked the man winced in pain letting out a yell of despair.

The man stood cluthing his shoulder. "Hmm, Not much for talking then?"

""

Old Posted 06-21-2013, 07:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Completely ignoring Lance's question, Sain turned his back to him and started walking away. This man was not his quarry. There was no point in killing him, even if he had attacked him first. Sain figured Lance hadn't been a deadly threat, either, and felt compelled to follow by his usual code: Never take a life unless that life is Tainted or a threat to your own.

Half shrugging, he strapped Stormfraught back on and pulled the hood over his face.
((Is Lance the kind of person to keep attacking?))
Old Posted 06-22-2013, 03:46 AM Reply With Quote