Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Two Fish
Default   #17  
Gerald leaned back in his own chair, groaning. "Yes, of course. Dashing young couple if I do say so myself." Olivia was busy in the kitchen, the sounds of pots and pans clanging together once in a while coated the house with background noise.
Old Posted 11-15-2017, 09:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
"Then it pains me," Simon began, pausing long enough that he might think about what next to say, "It pains me to say that last night's murder victim was none other than Mrs. Thomas. Given her husband's status as police chief he is too involved so they hired a private investigator--myself. Now, I have reasons to believe that the culprit has one or several specific characteristics generally erm...assigned to killers of this breed." He found that saying the word vampire was generally received by ill company and chose to veer away from it. "Tell me, do you know of any that might be particularly...secluded from the rest of the village? Perhaps on the outskirts, or maybe only seen at night?"
Old Posted 11-15-2017, 09:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Default   #19  
The sound of the kettle whistling was welcome to Mr. Blanchett. He showed a wrinkled smile as Olivia brought him a steaming cup. She hurried back to the kitchen and brought out a hot cup to Mr. Wegg as well. "Well, I've never seen the old Ms. Ward personally, only heard stories." Olivia chimed in before retrieving her cup and placing the remaining teapot on the table in front of the three.

"Yes, I've heard outrageous rumors about that poor hag." Gerald sighed, disappointed in the population's attachments to rumors. "Its too bad about Mrs. Thomas." He shook his head.

"Such a lovely young girl. Who would do such a thing!" Olivia too shook her head, sipping her tea with a solemn grimace.
Old Posted 11-15-2017, 09:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
"Thank you, Mrs. Blanchett, you are too kind," Simon murmured taking hold of the cup and saucer carefully bringing it down to his lap after having set aside the clipboard he was so eager to hold just moments ago.

"Rumours are never pleasant things to partake in, I know. But hearing these rumours may help with my investigations. Can you bear to part with some of the 'outrageous stories' you may have heard? Of course, this is only to gauge the common reputation of the woman within the town..."
Old Posted 11-15-2017, 09:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Default   #21  
Olivia looked over at her husband, as if for permission to continue. She cleared her throat. "Well, I've heard things as far fetched as Ms. Ward being a witch or a vampire." She chuckled. "I fear she's just got no one to take care of her. Who knows if she's even still living... She's alone after all." Gerald nodded.

"If she were a witch, we'd see her broomsticks. We'd hear her cackling. We'd have a burning in this town, that's for sure." Gerald mentioned passionately. While he didn't necessarily believe in the creatures, if they existed, he wouldn't be one to keep them around for very long.
Old Posted 11-15-2017, 09:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Simon offered his own half-hearted chuckle, "Well all of that sounds preposterous, just because she is living alone. Do you know of anyone that has or had contact with her recently?"
Old Posted 11-15-2017, 09:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Default   #23  
"Just-" Gerald looked down at Olivia and they gulped simultaneously. "William." They said together, looking back at Mr. Wegg.
Old Posted 11-19-2017, 08:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Simon betrayed no emotion, instead tilting back the tea cup emptying it of it's contents and setting it back down on the saucer rising to his feet and turning to set it back down claiming the clipboard to its rightful place. "Well then. Thank you for your time and cooperation Mr. and Mrs. Blanchett. I believe I have all of the information I need. With that, can you give me the road to get to Ms. Ward's abode?"
Old Posted 11-19-2017, 11:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
Default   #25  
"Yes, its past the graveyard down Moss Road." Gerald leaned towards the window point towards a path shooting off towards a hill. "Her house is the last stop down the road." He felt a shiver, and so did Olivia.
Old Posted 11-19-2017, 11:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
Simon bowed deeply to the couple and then, clipboard in hand, moved to the exit and promptly left--eyes set for the cemetery and later Moss Road.
Old Posted 11-19-2017, 11:13 PM Reply With Quote