Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Illusionist
Default   #17  
Try one of those cheap small book sized labtops that cost like 100 dollars. Unless you plan on browsing the internet a lot then i'd go for a HP labtop.

Old Posted 05-19-2011, 12:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Celestial Princess
Wait, wait, wait. You can get Firefox on a Mac?! Sweet! I've been bemoaning about how I'm going to be stuck with Safari. It's not that I don't like safari, or that it's a bad browser, but I just really prefer Firefox. Does it require anything special to get it onto a Mac?

In relation to the topic, I'd say go with a Mac, it's a bit more expensive, but their really good computers, with programs for everything you could need. I'm getting ready to go off to college, and I'm getting a Mac for my Journalism classes.
I amGREED, Fall before me!
Old Posted 05-21-2011, 09:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #19  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunaryon View Post
Wait, wait, wait. You can get Firefox on a Mac?! Sweet! I've been bemoaning about how I'm going to be stuck with Safari. It's not that I don't like safari, or that it's a bad browser, but I just really prefer Firefox. Does it require anything special to get it onto a Mac?

In relation to the topic, I'd say go with a Mac, it's a bit more expensive, but their really good computers, with programs for everything you could need. I'm getting ready to go off to college, and I'm getting a Mac for my Journalism classes.
You download it from the same place as the Windows version, and you install it like any other Mac program.

That said, while you may be more ACCUSTOMED to Firefox, it is a distinctly inferior browser to Safari or Chrome.
Old Posted 05-26-2011, 06:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
safari always runs really slow for me so i just use firefox or chrome depending on which computer im on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 05-26-2011, 11:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Celestial Princess
Default   #21  
I've been using Chrome on my pc, and I really like it... But since it's been so long since I've had a chance to use Firefox, I'd like to see them side by side before I pick one to be my permenant browser.
I amGREED, Fall before me!
Old Posted 05-27-2011, 09:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Toyota
Samsung baby! Thats what I have. And it kicks nards.
Old Posted 06-26-2011, 02:17 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #23  
Having already gone through college, I'd say the most important thing for my computer (I used my desktop) was decent internet access, but I did a lot of research papers. It is extremely frustrating to have poor internet access or to have to fight with loading things when one has several research papers to do.

Weight is something to pay attention too, since if you school is a decent size, lots of walking will be involved and the lighter anything, the better. One might be toting dictionary sized textbooks around and any added weight is a literal pain in the neck, or back, or shoulder, or whatever one uses to carry stuff. That's one of the reasons I stuck with a desktop. I lived on campus so I left the bulk of my material at my quad and toted clipboards and note folders around.

The laptop I have now (because a desktop is too awkward) is a Compac Presario CQ60 (according to the note under the screen). It's a few years old but it's covered pretty much all my needs to date. I live on word processors and the internet, but it handles the games I play well enough too.

I can't stress internet enough though, if you will be doing research often. At my university which was quite large, there were lines for library computers and time was limited with no guarantee that one would open up any time soon and having a reliable computer with internet access takes away a heck of a lot of stress.
Old Posted 07-05-2011, 04:54 AM Reply With Quote