Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Confused
Default   #161  
I use a MacBook as well...
I've never tried a PC so I can't compare... But what I've heard about PC's is that they attract virus's easily..? I don't know. But I chose a Mac because.. Well... At the time I was buying my Mac, I was unawares of other computers being in existence. If I had a choice now? I'd probably still choose my Mac xD
Old Posted 01-29-2012, 01:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Does anyone use Linux and know what it's like? Cause I haven't used it before, heard of it, and am curious about it. >w<

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 06-13-2012, 12:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Default   #163  
PC is what I'm used to, had used a Mac at school though I'm fine with them as well
Old Posted 06-14-2012, 08:50 PM Reply With Quote  
I see you
I like my PC's better then my Mac's. But.. I think that is because the Mac always seems to cost more, and when the good deals on notebooks happen, I am broke :/

But some of my favorite games have been from Mac. PC is just more in my price range.
Old Posted 06-17-2012, 04:08 AM Reply With Quote  
CHEEZBURGER?!
Default   #165  
Linux is another operating system it can be commonly used on private servers and also is used on Ubuntu a free linux OS there are many arguments saying linux is the best but that is only true if you know how to use linux because it is very technical and uses a lot of command lines so you need to know what you are doing. on linux you can also remove viruses from mac or windows computers because they don't affect linux systems so some would say it is Superior but the reverse is also true you could fix any linux or apple computer using windows because that doesn't affect the system. People says windows has so many viruses so its bad but the thing is the most commonly used software will always have viruses if more people use mac then it will have more viruses too and the same with linux. The business standard is Windows XP most schools use macs most hackers use some form of linux. so is there really a best out there I would say no there isn't but there is a best for each person if you like art get a mac if you like general internet surfing and downloading programs use windows and if you like to be a computer geek (not that there is anything wrong with them) get linuxs and a large text book on how to use it. that is all I have to say ^^
Hi I'm new here I am fox I know I don't have fur yet but I will get it eventually this is my quest :D
Old Posted 06-30-2012, 03:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Not sure if I've already posted in here, but I love my mac more than I've ever loved any of my PC computers. I've had my mac for... about two years so far, I'm sure it'll last another year at the very least (although I intend to buy a new one even though I'm sure it will last). Which will by far be the longest I've had a laptop. Despite the price, I've never had a laptop last as long as my mac has, either. Battery and life in general. >3<

'Tis a picture of Tokyo I took. ^^
I'm a girl.
I love Writing Tools, and KPop, and minty stuffs.
Old Posted 07-02-2012, 01:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Lyricist
Default   #167  
PC is just a personal computer, which means Macs are PC's too. I prefer the Windows series of OS's because the way I use my computer works best (and sometimes, only) with Windows.

Rigel's a star.

You can find me on:
ficpress + tumblr + last.fm

GROUP FOR WRITERS & BOOKWORMS

Old Posted 07-17-2012, 11:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigel View Post
PC is just a personal computer, which means Macs are PC's too.
Technically, you're right.

In practice, "PC" means "IBM-compatible PC", which Macs weren't until a few years ago. And since the ecosystems are so dramatically different between the platforms, "PC" and "Mac" -- when used together in context -- don't overlap.

The only exception is that you can still say you do PC gaming if you use a Mac, because in THAT context it's "PC" and "console" rather than "PC" and "Mac." Again, this is a question of context.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-17-2012, 02:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #169  
But the ability of a person to play a mainstream video game on a Macintosh platform (OS Lion, mountain lion being the two newest ones) is extremely limited. So the few that do game on a Mac normally have a dual OS and still use Windows as the console hence PC gaming. I know maybe 3 people that use the actual Mac platform to play games, and that is WOW and other blizzard products.

I love my Mac for the battery life, I just hate it because I can't play many MMORPGs that aren't browser limited.
Old Posted 07-17-2012, 05:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I never said that a Mac was in the market as a PC gaming platform. I said that if you play games on your Mac you can call it "PC gaming" because it's not "console gaming." And with Steam having pretty good Mac support, the number of titles available on both platforms is expanding quite well. It's a little unfortunate that MMORPGs AREN'T well-represented on Mac.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-17-2012, 06:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
Default   #171  
and you can run windows off your mac, its what i do >.>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 07-17-2012, 10:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
That's what Tiva said. >.>

You can also use WINE to run Windows apps directly on Mac. Compatibility isn't 100% but it's still pretty good.

Old Posted 07-18-2012, 12:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
Default   #173  
i use parallels >.>
Quote:

I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 07-18-2012, 12:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Parallels isn't bad, but it's more expensive (gotta pay for Parallels AND for Windows, that's like $300 total) and uses up more system resources. It also has better compatibility (by definition!) so it's a good choice for apps that don't work well under WINE.

Old Posted 07-18-2012, 10:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
Default   #175  
yeah i had a spare copy of windows lying around and i got parallels cheap through school
Quote:

I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 07-18-2012, 08:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
I could get my Mac to be a dual OS but I don't want to.... I just use Alpha's old PC for MMORPGs... And Dean.. *pets her old Hp*
Old Posted 07-18-2012, 10:02 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
apple, mac, windows