Old Posted 12-28-2016, 03:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
hope you feel better soon ml ono

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 12-28-2016, 03:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #851  
Like a week ago, I was finally able to get a phone that can run this.

So happy <3

And I caught a Christmas Pikachu....like all we see around here apparently is pidgey, ratata, and eevee mostly with everything else being good luck on it.

I just happened to open Pokemon Go...and pikachu was just like...hey! you've been looking for me...(And now I finally had great balls :D
Old Posted 12-29-2016, 02:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Hey, who knows, one of those Pidgeys might be a Ditto.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 12-29-2016, 04:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #853  
We went out last night and it was basically Abra-palooza. Sighted eight in all, came across three, two ran from me but I caught one more. If they took over the Bulba nest, we'll get Alakazam in no time.
Old Posted 12-29-2016, 12:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
I finally evolved a santa pika into santa raichu! ovo so cute >w<

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 12-29-2016, 12:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #855  
One of them was a ditto.

I have caught multiple dittos.

My area sucks for pokemon hunting unless you have a lure or incense....then there's a chance of not pidgey, not venonat. not ratata, not eevee...I mean, I don't even see caterpie or weedle that often. My friend has been playing for months....hasn't seen a pikachu until the holiday event.
Old Posted 12-29-2016, 12:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
I need more pokeballs before i could even TRY for ditto hunting ono

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 12-29-2016, 12:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #857  
I'm waiting for Santa Raichu, just need a few more candies. We have little luck with Ditto hunting, only gotten one. I tend to grab Pidgey and Rattata to evolve, we're trying to hit level 25.
Old Posted 12-29-2016, 01:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
-still level 15- >w> 15 forever xD

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 12-29-2016, 01:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #859  
I have over 100 basic pokeballs. Most pokemon are near the library or post office...there's never any at the two other pokestops.

And there's one church that's a pokestop. We have one gym that used to be team valor constantly...now it's mystic.

They messed up a bit by doing stuff based on cell phones/population because people like me? We can't really play unless we want five billion pidgey....since I'm not walking through the entire town to never find the one pokemon I don't have that is 'nearby'

I like when I get to go to another city though. More pokemon everywhere!
Old Posted 12-29-2016, 01:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
We're about halfway to 25, but it's taking a long time!

That's about how it is here, Yokuutsu. We know the routes, and we'll drive them almost every night to get balls up, and I'll take the occasional gym. And yes, we get good things especially now that we've hit higher levels, but those are lucky days compared to what we usually see. I've seen people in bigger cities saving that rural players need to be happy if they can play, come down here where we have a dozen or so stops scattered around town where you can't walk down the street hitting two on each corner and tell me again how lucky we are.
Old Posted 12-29-2016, 02:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #861  
Exactly because they're giving us just enough to tease us. Which two pokestops, you can sit between them and reach both at one time, so I won't complain too much about our lack of pokestops (with two others in walking distance from those two)

I just want more variance in what pokemon we get....because none of those...ghost in the graveyard, fire pokemon at the gas station, water in water areas apply here .-. Which can be a good thing considering.
Old Posted 12-29-2016, 02:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
I have noticed that myself for the most part. Never seen ghosts in the graveyard, I've seen two wild Electabuzzes, but both far out of town and away from the electric company, they just basically show up where they want here. We don't even have stops in the graveyards, there's three in town, and many have unique monuments plus several Confederate graveyards. The post office and the playground at the park, which is by a gym, are usually the good spots.
Old Posted 12-29-2016, 04:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #863  
They need to add more pokestops.. not just at historical locations and churches.. =o=

Too many people are home bound and there are too many (like me) who can't walk far distances and have no way to get to a pokestop every day ono

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 12-29-2016, 07:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Pokemon Go is, by its core design, all about walking and traveling.

When you're a game developer, there's the unfortunate truth that not everyone will play your game. Some people won't be interested; some won't be able to. After all, there's no expectation that someone who hasn't upgraded their computer in five years will be able to play recent games, nor is there an expectation that a crippled person will be able to play arcade Dance Dance Revolution, even if they really really want to.

In light of that, when you're designing a game, you want to focus on making it the best experience possible for the people who CAN play the game. Adding in a way to play without walking and traveling would be opposed to the core game mechanic, and it would make the game worse.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-29-2016, 08:06 PM Reply With Quote