Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Problem to the Solution
Default Space Engineers!   #1  
I saw some talk about it in a certain other thread, so I figured I would plunk this down.

I friggin love this game.

Anyone else play?

I've been spending a very long time working on a very massive supercarrier that can be effective both in atmo and in space. Fuel efficiency and material cost is simply no longer an object, but I'm happy with it so far. Anyone else plays, we can swap blueprints on things we've made or are making!
Old Posted 11-28-2015, 01:18 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
I'll fire up the ol' Space Engineers tomorrow to take a screenshot of my lovely rustbucket. A majestic space-faring vessel that has never seen the light kiss of a planet's surface.

...You know, unless loading up an old game spontaneously puts me in a gravity well of a new planet, then the ol' rustbucket's gonna be an ol' junkheap.
Old Posted 11-28-2015, 01:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #3  
Oh no, planets are only added to new game files. They will not be there in old ones, and you can still play without them. And the gravitational field is very gradual. Not sure how long it's been for you, but they now have Ion Thrusters (space only, very weak in atmo), Hydrogen Thrusters (extremely powerful in atmo and space, but require hydrogen fuel and conveyers), and atmospheric thrusters, which are just turbines. I...love the design of the atmospheric thrusters.
Old Posted 11-28-2015, 01:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Last I played there were only ion thrusters, and no pirate drones to fight with. So...it's been a while.
Old Posted 11-28-2015, 01:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #5  
Pirate drones are...odd.

There's a new thing where if you approach an AI ship, it will immediately summon a drone to support it. The drones are generally easy. However, there are now pirate carrier ships that spawn drones as well, and they are simply not worth the damage caused to go after if you ask me. They're fun to fight in creative mode, where you can test ships. But in survival, it's easier just to let them pass.
Old Posted 11-28-2015, 01:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
I'll see about getting it after university is over.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 11-28-2015, 11:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #7  
Add me on Steam, Lawtan. Same name.
Old Posted 11-28-2015, 12:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
It seems my old save game is corrupted and unplayable now. So sad. :( The ol' rustbucket was an impressive amalgamation of random crap, and I had amassed more than a few abandoned ships that I collected around an asteroid.
Old Posted 11-28-2015, 02:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #9  
Aww, I am sorry sir. Sounds par for the course, the game itself is still unstable at times. This is a grand time to restart anew though!
Old Posted 11-28-2015, 02:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Indeed. I started a new game, haphazardly landed in a forest, built a little platform with solar and batteries... Then closed it to look at the new stuff in ksp that I still haven't checked out.
Old Posted 11-28-2015, 03:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #11  
Hah. Sounds like we're both finding it difficult to transition to the other space game.
Old Posted 11-28-2015, 03:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Hah, perhaps.

Steam says I've played Space Engineers for 115 hours.

...And KSP 490.
Old Posted 11-28-2015, 03:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #13  
Kind of the opposite for me. KSP ranks in at...19 hours.

Space Engineers is at 557. Oh boy.
Old Posted 11-28-2015, 03:53 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I have 12 hours on Space Engineers, all of it on the same platform I started on (creative survival mode, I think). Here's hoping my game will still work with the new update. Hate to lose my efforts on my asteroid.

My general approach has been throw stuff together and see what doesn't cause damage, like thrusters too close to the station on take-off burning a hole in it. That, and asking Salone how I make a thing.

Two ships so far, my mini-explorer "Puddlejumper" and my drill ship "Mole Rat." Pretty sure your Leopard is still parked on my station, Salone, and I'm gradually grinding it down for parts. I'll see if I can get some screen shots of the inside of my asteroid lair.
Old Posted 11-30-2015, 12:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #15  

This is the Vladivostok. A hulking ship that has been retrofitted time and time again to adapt to each update. It carries 10 carrier based fighters, 6 atmospheric ships, and has runway support for up to 4 ships, including reloading and refueling. 8 refineries, 6 Large reactors, enough cryo units for a full crew, and all coming in at well over 10,000,000 kilos.

It took forever to make it gravity friendly in atmosphere. It is however my personal pride and joy, and offers every single service that one could need from a ship. It is essentially a roving space station, and can support expansion and colonization on planets and in space.
Old Posted 12-01-2015, 03:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
My god, that thing is huge. :O My biggest ship is a refitted Mining Hauler with a pressurized command section in the back.

...No, wait. That's not true. I made a much bigger ship from scratch once (not as big as that one). It had a cool flight deck in the middle, with hangar doors. But this was before those fancy pressurized hangar doors existed, so it used pistons and, well.

Piston doors cause spontaneous rapid disassembly. My poor ship.
Old Posted 12-01-2015, 04:43 PM Reply With Quote