Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wanderer
Default Ubisoft games *O*   #1  
Hooooooly crap. You guys might/should all by now I'm an Assassin's Creed fanatic who loves AC1, AC2, Lineage, Legacy, ACB, the OST, anything, even though I've none of the games....

But lots of Ubisoft's other games are awesome as well. The first one I came in contact with was actually Chessmaster9000 many years ago.

After I go to college, I'm getting a decent desktop, so if I rack up enough funds, I'll be able to buy a few of these for myself.

So....

Discuss? Suggestions? Rants? Anything?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-05-2011, 12:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
I loved the first Assassin's Creed, and really really want to play the second because the theme looks sooo much cooler. >w<

I love Prince of Persia too, and I was addicted to the Rayman platform PC game when I was a kid.
Old Posted 05-05-2011, 12:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #3  
Kehehe. Have you tried the Experience from the AC1 website?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-05-2011, 12:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
I like their Splinter Cell games well enough, though I kind of got bored with them after Double Agent.

I thought the first Assassin's Creed was okay. It was an interesting premise and had some great gameplay, but it was just too short and shallow to me. There weren't enough things to do, besides explore the cities for site-seeing purposes.

I have the second game still in its package. I should really get around to trying that some time, in my brand-new replacement PS3 that hasn't even been used yet.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 05-11-2011, 06:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #5  
....I. Envy. You XD

I've...like...no decent consoles. I've only got a Wii, an DS, my old Adv. SP, and my laptop.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-11-2011, 07:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
I feel like such a profligate. :D

I won't even tell you what else is sitting in my t.v. cabinet, but I haven't touched any of it in months. Maybe now that I have off from school until September, though.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 05-11-2011, 09:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #7  
Tch. Most people who play MMOs and videogames would be profligate compared to me.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-11-2011, 09:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Well, back on topic, how is Assassin's Creed 2 compared to the first one?
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 05-11-2011, 10:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #9  
I've no idea. -points to first post-

If you can wait a few years, I'll probably be able to tell you XD
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-11-2011, 10:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Oh, sorry, read it earlier today. Slipped my mind.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 05-11-2011, 10:09 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #11  
I watched my brother and friends playing Assassin's Creed for a while. I don't remember too much of the story. We spent most of our time diving into hay piles and being "pious." :D. Given that the blend in mechanic was priest action in the first game, "I am pious," "going pious," and "running pious" all became new household terms for being stealthy.

I actually went and looked up the list of Ubisoft games on Wiki. to see what they have made. They have an ecclectic lot it seems. Of the bunch I've played Morrowind, Riven (solved two puzzles and boy was I proud of myself!), Buck Bumble for N64 which was surprisingly amusing. Got in a used bin for $10. I have Devil May Cry 3 for PS2, haven't played it yet (I insist on finishing the first one first), and I've played some of Heroes of Might and Magic (not bad) and Might and Magic 5 (not good). One would think that those two franchises might have something a little more distinguishable in their names seeing as they don't seem in any way related. Both of the versions of those games might not be Ubisoft though, since I don't see the editions in the list. Blah.

And for random trivia, I have three DnD characters named for the Myst games: Myst (netural about everything ranger), Riven (slightly off kilter pact mage) and Uru (tough as nails cleric. Seriously, what good is a cleric that can't take a few hits?).
Old Posted 05-12-2011, 03:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Wait, they made the Myst series? Hoooooooly. I've heard about those games...Sounds hard.

Also, DMC is also on my to-buy list. But I doubt I'll ever be able to rack up that much money...And is DMC PC-compatible?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-12-2011, 04:22 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #13  
Yeah, the Myst series is evil. The game does not come with a manual. Instead, it comes with a black notebook. The rest you figure out yourself. I've like to play through them myself (Riven was a joint effort with my sister in law. Primarily her efforts. I helped out for a new opinion when things got stuck.) There is a version of Myst for the DS but I hear it's crap. My s.i.l loaned it to me so I'll see if it's as bad as the ratings say.

According to the Wikipedia list, Ubisoft made Devil May Cry 3 for Windows so at least one version is on PC. Doesn't say anything about the consol games, which I assume are Capcom since they have the franchise. I have heard though that the learning curve for DMC 3 is really hard because, due to a glitch in switching the game from Japanese to American format, the "hard" setting got put at the "normal" default and a lot of people say just to suck it up, die, and unlock the easy mode. Yes, the DMC games taunt you and won't give you and easy mode until you die enough times. I've yet to do that because I usually restart the game instead :D. Not sure if the PC version has the same problem.

Devil May Cry is pretty much the reason I bought a PS2. I love the game! Haven't even finished it yet but I like it. The first one has been out a while though and I think your best bet to find it is in a used store somewhere. I found my copy at an EB Games for $15.00. DMC 1, 2, and 3 are PS2, DMC 4 is PS3.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 05-12-2011 at 06:44 AM.
Old Posted 05-12-2011, 06:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
I just checked Amazon, you could get DMC 3 and 4 brand new for the PC for under $20, with shipping, though, not sure what your budget is, Espy, sounds pretty tight.

Was DMC 4 bad or something (to anyone who's played it)? I know it's a bit old now, but $8.00 seems pretty cheap for a current-gen title. Maybe that's just the PC version, though.

And, I never knew that about DMC, quiet. I went through the whole game on normal, wondering why it was so hard... of course, then I played Ninja Gaiden, which makes Dante Must Die mode look stupidly easy.

For some reason, I can't really remember the original DMC. I know that played the whole thing, my recollection is just very vague. 3 had a more involving story, I think, so that might be why I remember it better.

I haven't played any of those hack-n-slash types in a while. Never got into God of War; messed around with Conan for a bit but got bored. I have Darksiders waiting in my pile, which looks pretty cool, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Honestly, though, now that you reminded me of some of the random things you could do in AC, quiet, I'm thinking of giving the sequel a shot now. Maybe if I get bored later.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 05-12-2011, 10:45 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #15  
Original DMC has Dante and Trish, the biker type chick that tries to smash you over the head with a motorcycle when you first meet. DMC 3 (which is the only one with the glitch as far as I know) has a younger Dante at about 15 or so. Chronologically the games go 3, 1, 2, 4. DMC 4 has a new protagonist, Nero I think his names is, but Dante shows up.
Old Posted 05-12-2011, 02:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
Original DMC has Dante and Trish, the biker type chick that tries to smash you over the head with a motorcycle when you first meet. DMC 3 (which is the only one with the glitch as far as I know) has a younger Dante at about 15 or so. Chronologically the games go 3, 1, 2, 4. DMC 4 has a new protagonist, Nero I think his names is, but Dante shows up.
I meant DMC 3 about the glitch, yeah, and I only played 1 and 3. I just don't remember much of 1 beyond the sword (Aloser?) scene from the beginning.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 05-12-2011, 05:56 PM Reply With Quote